Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3K Aimed shot req agent's perk

3K Aimed shot req agent's perk

Can the aimed shot req be lowered a bit? 3K may be reachable by onle few in full AS setup (penultimate chest + full 300 CSS + full alpha symbiant and all ingame AS stuffs AND tower contract)

Please make it aao+AS skill >= 3000

Or lower it

Don't believe any of the agent perks need 3k AS to use.

Aimed Shot Skill 2000: Damage: -4557 .. -9594
    Aimed Shot Skill 3000: Damage: -5612 .. -12470

I believe it means if you have more then 2k AS, but less then 3k you will do -4557 .. -9594 damage. But if you have more then 3k you will do -5612 .. -12470

other then that misunderstanding i don't see any agent perks were you need 3k AS, its just more damage if you have it.

Currently, with sniper's friend, the agent star, a scope, alphas, greater predator, and ql300 CSS, a 220 opi can just barely break 3k AS skill. No contracts, towers, penultimate ofab, pelisse, strange rings/bracers/ncus/utils are required.

Perhaps this is reasonable; it gives endgame agents the option to get a higher perk damage template or go for evades, steering away from cookie-cutter evade setups. If an agent isn't quite endgame, there's a degree of swapping available.

Further, if an agent is Nanomage or Solitus, he'll be only 30 skill short which can be countered by the ofab chest or by perking sharpshooter. Even lovechild Atroxes can reach 3k with a couple sacrifices.

Edit:
    I messed up. That calculation is with Ignat's
    Bump for Laillea.
    Last edited by srompu; Oct 17th, 2009 at 03:52:37.

doesn't it scale with AS skill ?

more AS = more dd.

if you have 2500 AS skill, the dd you get is half way between the 2000 template and the 3000 template.

2750 is 3/4 the way between 2000 and 3000 template.

Perks scale with whatever skill you have. You guys should be asking for the AS-based perks to scale up to 3500 skill since 3000 is already possible.

Do these new perks scale with AS skill?

Depends entirely on whether the damage scales, between "tiers" similar to the old style of perks.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Do these new perks scale with AS skill?
    A lot of the agent perks have Attack Modifier as attack skill (ie. rifle if rifle equipped + AAO) and they scale with AS skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    Depends entirely on whether the damage scales, between "tiers" similar to the old style of perks.
    can't see any reason as to why they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    can't see any reason as to why they wouldn't.
    Because it's listed as a change in the PDF where it specifically mentions AS skill and damage, however looking at 2hb perks they have them listed in the same way.. and they currently scale.

Though cant confirm or deny whether this scaling attribute is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    Because it's listed as a change in the PDF where it specifically mentions AS skill and damage, however looking at 2hb perks they have them listed in the same way.. and they currently scale.

Though cant confirm or deny whether this scaling attribute is changing.
    like you said, comparing the green 2hb perks (green means changed already made) with the agent perks...they are presented the same way so i'd say they scale.

concussive has the Aimed Shot Skill 0001 bits in black which means no change.

the others have that in red which means that the scaling skill has changed.

the word 'Damage' in red means the perk now does weapon type damage ( wonder what that means :P )

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    like you said, comparing the green 2hb perks (green means changed already made) with the agent perks...they are presented the same way so i'd say they scale.

concussive has the Aimed Shot Skill 0001 bits in black which means no change.

the others have that in red which means that the scaling skill has changed.

the word 'Damage' in red means the perk now does weapon type damage ( wonder what that means :P )
    I'm also interested why noone has mentioned the huge nerf in damage Concussive Shot will actually do. I suppose its more than made up for the general increase of damage other agent perks will do.

Still, not seeing much use when they will be dodged, or hit a target than can just heal it away. But I suppose cant comment too much on that until other "changes" are made in regards to healing etc that people keep on speculating about.

Was just wondering because of the presentation. Maybe it's the same as the old perks, or maybe it's some new hard-tier thing. You're probably right though.

You can get much more AS skill than a soldier gets FA skill.

When we get a +300 FA Hud3 item with +40 range and +9 crit then let's talk

There is no point to use that "+300 AS Hud3 item", it's just add damage to perk. Attack skill of all perks will come to Attack Modifier: 100%, not Aimed Shot 100%. Attack Modifier = Rifle Skill+AAO. So, for CS/Tranq it's a pure nerf.

Damage is not discrete, it is eased. Plus, other profs have it even worse, cause 3k weapon skill is surely not reachable, unlike aimed shot
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

As someone said, end game agents should do more dmg with perks then 210 in predator armor ones. 3 000 AS skill seams ok.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Damage is not discrete, it is eased. Plus, other profs have it even worse, cause 3k weapon skill is surely not reachable, unlike aimed shot
    Higher damage doesn't matter, if you can't land perk

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkmc View Post
    So, for CS/Tranq it's a pure nerf.
    TBH, it was about time to nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    TBH, it was about time to nerf them.
    Yeah, why agent should perk evaders with it, evaders should be uperkable at all.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast