Thread: Perk Chain Requirements

Perk Chain Requirements

For chaining perks, often the duration of the first perk, if it involves a debuff, is not always the duration in which the second perk can be executed.
    This rather is governed by an (invisible) "Affected by" component, which is often much shorter than the buff effect This could be seen in such perks as Troll Form (old duration 40s, enabling stuns for 7s) and Soften Up (old duration 18s, enabling Pinpoint Strike 5s) . However, perks such as Energize both buff damage and enable remaining energize perks to be executed for the full 30 seconds.

Would it be possible to post the duration of the invisible "Affected by" component, or is it assumed that the new perks actions enable perks for the same duration their buff/debuff lasts for?

good, well thought out question.

ya, agreed, it would really be uber to have a visible tag on perks to see if "condition X" is met when determining next in line perk dmg.

this would allow you to save perks if the recharge on the first was shorter to glean the biggest benefit if you were late in firing the second/third, whatever.

That's a neat idea too, tbh, especially with perks having 'extra damage' options.

I'm currently worried that the "Affected By" portion isn't included on the documents, making it hard to know how the perk chains will behave.

tbh id like alot more stuff visible while pvping.
    since i came back to game ive been runnning with the fighting target NCU window open and its all but satisfying.
    id like to see what buffs the target is using .. what perk actions hes running .. etc.
    but yeah id love to have a visible tag on the Must be affected by xxxx to cast yyyy
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

In particular, I would really like to know how long Trox affected by Fury lasts. If it's for instance 10 seconds rather than 60, perhaps the visual effect warning actually could balance mongo rage?

Other perks need a short-ish invisible "affected by" portion because of how bad the "xxx must be running" part is.

Main example, Quark Containment Field, often fails to even land despite executing due to root resist, or is quickly removed by a single FM stim, rendering the chaining perk useless.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

This is unfortunately been an issue since SL was launched.
    It'd be nice for this to go away for good.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Whatever they do with it or if they make it visible or leave it invisible, it would be nice to know what the duration is. This has a major effect on perk chains and balance, and is left out of the documentation at the moment.