Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Traders balancing

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Because the 20 dmg perks already running won't drain your pool dry in seconds, which you can try to refill with HHAB, after which you land GTH, after which you land YEEIYH, after which you start draining.

Oh wait, since you can't heal during landing all those debuffs, you will be dead long before.

And to clarify things, only NM traders have 70% damage to nano.

I should really stop giving you tips how to kill traders on your agent.
    That is exactly the point of traders whining for ages. Too much to cast, which requires LOS, while perk stacking just needs a fraction of a second to be activated.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    You really should stop with all the "Traders die to everyone that has damage perks and can sneak" bull.
    Most certain way to kill em indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    That is exactly the point of traders whining for ages. Too much to cast, which requires LOS, while perk stacking just needs a fraction of a second to be activated.
    Perk stacking than running away, never looking back won't kill a trader with guard up, the problem is when they stick around.

And if guard is not up, you supposed to die, simple as that. Given the destructive nature of drains, a trader should die fast if they can make it to him before he lands a couple nanos.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Most certain way to kill em indeed.

Perk stacking than running away, never looking back won't kill a trader with guard up, the problem is when they stick around.

And if guard is not up, you supposed to die, simple as that. Given the destructive nature of drains, a trader should die fast if they can make it to him before he lands a couple nanos.
    Well, usually ranged users hit special attacks the same time that they launch perks, which forces to cast NBD. Get one Aimed shot or Full auto into it, and the nano pool is down anyway.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Great, I'm glad trader PVP is so full of varied and interesting PVP strategies. Maybe you don't get it, but other want a more engaging PVP experience other than this kind of black/white situations which is typical of trader PVP.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

With all due respect, you have zero idea about PvPing on a trader nowdays.

PvPing on a trader is more engaging than any other prof I tried, and there were not only a few of em

Trader is not an adv, how long you stay alive will mostly be determined by the percentage of the nanos you can land.

That is the defining nature of trader PvP, is one of the few profession for which the original description is still correct, is exactly how it should be, and I wouldn't ever trade it for a higher static defense.

The only thing I'd love to have more on mine is RS, so I could catch all the annoying advs zooming around at 3.2k RS, even after they decided to bail.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

With all due respect, you have zero idea about PvPing on a trader nowdays.
    Well, that's wrong, so respectfully, I won't argue with you about things you don't know anything about.

Anyways, It looks like you might just get to keep your black/white PVP trader the way it is. The changes so far are so lackluster than I doubt it will affect much.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 28th, 2009 at 16:53:40.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

how long you stay alive will mostly be determined by the percentage of the nanos you can land.
    Currently, it's the percentage land rate of that first nano or two that determines whether you live or die in many cases. Once it's landed however there is no more dire need to beat a percentage asap, you have all the time you need to keep the debuff(s) going. A few trader debuffs should be shortened to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Currently, it's the percentage land rate of that first nano or two that determines whether you live or die in many cases. Once it's landed however there is no more dire need to beat a percentage asap, you have all the time you need to keep the debuff(s) going. A few trader debuffs should be shortened to change that.
    This sounds a lot like "zomg i'm disabled after one debuff so that's all any trader needs to land ever".

Listen to the people here that actually play active, top-end pvp traders. One debuff is not enough to stop the majority of non-green, non-gimp opponents.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    This sounds a lot like "zomg i'm disabled after one debuff so that's all any trader needs to land ever".

Listen to the people here that actually play active, top-end pvp traders. One debuff is not enough to stop the majority of non-green, non-gimp opponents.
    nods.

Sorry for my lack of content.
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    You really should stop with all the "Traders die to everyone that has damage perks and can sneak" bull.
    Totally agree, very few traders are killable by my agent atleast...

so if they added the 500 skillpoint drain in an instantly casted nano, that would most probably land on about any prof, toss in a GTH and a BR we would have gravy...

Rather than minimizing the time used to cast debuffs, there is a simple answer!
    Use less debuffs!

Cool it off in here, people. I don't like the result of "haven't checked on that thread for a little while" to be "and now I have to remove a 13 posts."
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Bah
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Sorry for the double post. just read the F w/o M.

Recent perk changes seem to come for traders, adding quite a lot of possibilities.

Added in accumulator perk line

Accumulated Overflow Player level: 202+ (10)

Attack:
    Attack Rating: 100%
    Defense:
    Duck Explosives:
    100%
    Range: 25 m

Damage:-3811..-5247

Shotgun mastery

Head Shot Player level: 200+ (9)
    Attack:
    Shotgun: 100%
    Defense:
    Duck explosives: 75%
    Range: 25 m
    Wielded weapons: Shotgun
    Shotgun Skill 0001: Damage: -1470..-2941
    Shotgun Skill 1000: Damage: -2941..-5881
    Shotgun Skill 2000: Damage: -3392..-7141
    Shotgun Skill 3000: Damage: -3781..-8402

However, the proposed change of Easy shot is of course a reason to discute.

I agree, the 5% def check was a bit much. Keeping it at 75% however would give it a chance to land on occasion. Easy shot was used as an opener with aimed shot, as it tended to always land. Even undrained.

Otherwise, nice work.
    Last edited by Shareida; Oct 30th, 2009 at 23:37:26. Reason: added
    Shareidah - First Order

Just posting to suppport Shar here and the apparent mutedness of Traders. The nerf to Easy Shot is a bit much. 75% to 80% would be fine.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Hello? Review easy shot please. Thank you.
    Shareidah - First Order

Keep your extra perk and put back ES to 5% check.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

for TL 5 traders are pretty balanced I think, a well played trader seems to have no trouble in 1 vs 1 fights, and sometimes 2 vs 1 if the other guy came along a few second later - only thing I see being a problem is squishyness, but this has to do more with the alpha of 'some' professions me thinkz
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Coffay View Post
    for TL 5 traders are pretty balanced I think, a well played trader seems to have no trouble in 1 vs 1 fights, and sometimes 2 vs 1 if the other guy came along a few second later - only thing I see being a problem is squishyness, but this has to do more with the alpha of 'some' professions me thinkz
    A review of GTH, call it a nerf, and an improvement of Nanobot defense would solute the squishyness problem.

NBD is an on demand protection, but has too much drawbacks to use it effectively.

Maybe make it more of an escape nano, add an NSD to it, and kill the nanopool depletion.
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    A review of GTH, call it a nerf, and an improvement of Nanobot defense would solute the squishyness problem.

NBD is an on demand protection, but has too much drawbacks to use it effectively.

Maybe make it more of an escape nano, add an NSD to it, and kill the nanopool depletion.
    I like it. Bump for this.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast