Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Traders balancing

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    ...and ranged advs, fixers, 1hb+1he enfs, pistol crats, MAs.
    No agents though huh? Not even after 4 or 5 posts about how agents can do all that amazing stuff from sneak?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Good agents have an extremely good chance at winning versus a trader. Good MP's with aimedshot is dangerous as hell as well.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:52:43.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Me, as an agent have no or just some problems with traders, and they are really not a problem seeing where I can MR-alpha them...

But if that alpha fails :P Dead agent ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    No agents though huh? Not even after 4 or 5 posts about how agents can do all that amazing stuff from sneak?
    ...and good agents.

Seeing how much you hate traders, I'm not sure which category you fall into.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Have any of you people actually played as a trader in a real PvP scenario against GOOD PvP'ers? Ranged adv, MP, fixer, engie and so on are much more scary in PvP than a trader. I would swap my trader for any one of those professions in a heartbeat if I was given the chance.
    If there is an NT on the BS I won't go back up on my fixer. If there is a trader on the BS I won't go back up on my doc. Have you ever heard of anyone not going up on the BS because a fixer was there?

You should be very happy Funcom won't take you up on your swap of a trader for a fixer. You'd probably quit AO in a few weeks if you couldn't change back.
    Last edited by Jjin; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 16:59:55.

...and good agents.

Seeing how much you hate traders, I'm not sure which category you fall into.
    Just pointing out how horribly inconsistent you're being.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Well I guess one thing that many people in this thread have agreed on so far is that we will have to see what happens with the changes to perks and alphas.

If traders can stop 10 queued perks landing on them with a 2nd drain because there's a second def check that perks must make in order to land, and if special alphas are nerfed as Funcom have indicated, I really hope that trader debuffs are adjusted to reflect their newfound survivability in that crucial "first few seconds".

Let's see what happens on test.

All singular offensive perks are 2s, nothing against agents.

Coupled with no possible hotswapping, it is to prevent alphas indead.

Add nerfed RS and we looking at a carebear PvP, slowed down to a crawl, in which whoever runs out of nano first dies.
    Yep, I'm looking forward to alphaing those Traders from sneak with those.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Given that traders have no large heals-on-demand, it will be rather easy.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Well I guess one thing that many people in this thread have agreed on so far is that we will have to see what happens with the changes to perks and alphas.

If traders can stop 10 queued perks landing on them with a 2nd drain because there's a second def check that perks must make in order to land, and if special alphas are nerfed as Funcom have indicated, I really hope that trader debuffs are adjusted to reflect their newfound survivability in that crucial "first few seconds".

Let's see what happens on test.
    I'd actually like that.

The stacking up perks is the most annoying thing ever. Even tho you successfully drained down an opppnent, the alpha still goes on in some cases. On top of that, people abuse the line of sight.
    Last edited by Shareida; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 20:34:37. Reason: Spelling, added content
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I'd actually like that.

The stacking up perks is the most annoying thing ever.
    It certainly allows for more quick responses/reflexes and less need for Jedi like foresight when it comes to incoming alphas, since unless you're a Bio prof, big heals prof or big reflects prof, noticing that first one or two perks isn't going to get you diddly.

In fact as far as evade professions go, if that happened, it'd mean that Mongo Rage wouldn't really need touching, since dropping those defense perks would still benefit you. Sorry, I wandered off topic a little.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I'd actually like that.

The stacking up perks is the most annoying thing ever. Even tho you successfully drained down an opppnent, the alpha still goes on in some cases. On top of that, people abuse the line of sight.
    How can one abuse LOS?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

How can one abuse LOS?
    I'm guessing queue up perks then get out of LOS of a retaliation?

Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

They will hardly need to hide once all the perks are lined up
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Because they are 1 second execution (pfft) or because the servers crashed and all 6 perks over 12 seconds landed on you without you throwing up any defense?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I'm guessing queue up perks then get out of LOS of a retaliation?

At least some one plays the same game as me.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Because they are 1 second execution (pfft) or because the servers crashed and all 6 perks over 12 seconds landed on you without you throwing up any defense?
    Once you queued em up, there is no avoiding em.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Once you queued em up, there is no avoiding em.
    Because Traders don't have any 70% damage to nano shields or 500 hit 2s delay healing.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Because the 20 dmg perks already running won't drain your pool dry in seconds, which you can try to refill with HHAB, after which you land GTH, after which you land YEEIYH, after which you start draining.

Oh wait, since you can't heal during landing all those debuffs, you will be dead long before.

And to clarify things, only NM traders have 70% damage to nano.

I should really stop giving you tips how to kill traders on your agent.
    Last edited by Racatti; Oct 24th, 2009 at 20:48:49.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

I should really stop giving you tips how to kill traders on your agent.
    You really should stop with all the "Traders die to everyone that has damage perks and can sneak" bull.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast