Thread: 1 common sense fix: Agent's perks range should be capped at 40m

1 common sense fix: Agent's perks range should be capped at 40m

First thing in the agent changes that I can see goes unnoticed, we're snipers, what's the point of having a sniper rifle with and scope and capped weapon range when we have to run towards our opponent so we can perk it?

Is it common sense, don't you think? That's all

Do you have problems closing range on people?

I think not...
    Field Marshall Jean Luc "Organa" Picard - level 220/20/70 - Setup
    Eternalist Doctor "Stitchiz" Nick - level 220/21/55 - Setup
    Supreme Creator Sally "Orya" Dilox - level 220/20/64 - Setup
    Don Sonny "Protexxor" Fresh - level 200/26/58 - Setup
    Techno-Mage Galileo "Aryuna" Galilei - level 170/17/42 - Setup

Perk range = weapon range.

Problem solved?
    220 clan agent @ Rimor

anarchy-online.pl

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboy View Post
    Perk range = weapon range.

Problem solved?
    Yes, this makes sense.

Bump for this idea. Distance we can shoot should = distance we can perk. Just makes sense.

Agreed. However it might tilt PvP balance, it is the common-sense thing to do.

Please do not 'bump' threads in this forum. Try and add something constructive to the post. Your opinion is welcome, provided you keep things clean. The idea of this forum is that everyone can give their 2$. Rather than just 'bump' a thread [which is something I will start removing soon - once the word is out about bumping in this forum] try and provide FunCom with your reasoning.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by IpwnThee View Post
    Yea so all the coward Agents can kite and be even more cowardly...good idea
    /me posts her opinion instead of a bump...

How does it make us cowardly to fire our perks off at the same range as our gun? You think it makes us brave to have to move in beyond 20m, sacrificing our range advantage, to try and perk you?

It's a tactical faux pas to have long range and to not take advantage of it, it has nothing to do with bravery or cowardice.

Melee users aren't more brave by default because their range requires them to be in your face, they run away just as much as any range user does.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by IpwnThee View Post
    Yea so all the coward Agents can kite and be even more cowardly...good idea
    Also - please avoid this. There is no leeway in this forum for high spirited behaviour [a.k.a. trolling]. There will be one warning and one only. Do not repeat this behaviour in this forum. Contribute or don't post in here.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

It is common sense for agent perks to be 40m. I've gone from many situations where half my perks have fired off and the other havent, because I happened to be 26m from a target*. Everything comes up as "in range" and without an indicator it's a guessing game. Even with RS at the speed it is there's a big difference between 40m and 15-20m.

Onehander fixers will be sure to tell you all about it.

*(or 10m from a target on my screen that is moving, and thus 26+m on the server cause, sure, thanks sync!)
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast