Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixer balances

Hellish Rage is one of the APF boxes nanos ..
    it wasnt available at start of AO.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Therefore your previous statement saying enfs allways had the highest RS isn't true.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetticent View Post
    What are the principal tools of fixers (other than weapons) -- speed, roots, snares, and evades.

A partial fix might be this:
    Reduce the duration of roots and snares by 50% or more (who needs a 20 minute snare anyway)
    Reduce the recharge on root/snare removal stims to 5 seconds.
    Return the roots and snares to original effectiveness (instead of insta-break).

This would restore a major aspect of the fixer toolset without creating another imbalance.

By the way, apply the same rules to other profession's roots and snares as well. That has been part of the problem with the "fixer" fix. For the most part, agent and crat roots and snares do not break regardless of how many times they hit you. Fixers seem to be insta-break even when the targes isn't hit. The fast recharge on the stims and shorter duration means people can get out of them quickly.

This will restore a big portion of the fixer pvm toolkit while not impacting pvp.
    *Roots someone cause he put some defense thing up* *sits down* *get's shot at* ... reflect breaks root after 2nd hit...I know that's usually not the reason you root someone but it was someone with little threat to me ^^ So yea, works for pvp too BUT I COULDN'T GANK THAT 215 GREEN GIMP WHATEVER CUZ I COULDNT ROOT FASTER THAN ROOT BREAKS DURING NANO RECHARGE!
    ANNOYING!

Bump for this and my high dmg stun or faster hot ticks :O
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    *Good points followed by silly ones*

5. Firewalled Sync Compressor be equitably to it's name and act as firewall. A firewall shouldnt remove Nanos which it currently does, which is pretty cool actually, so keep it that way but also add blocking Nukes. Very specific nukes tho since [rp] the writers of the firewall had little time to create a signature file for the firewall and they were fixers after all working with what they have. Luckily it was a Cyberdeck they could rip off some (dead?) NT. Hence the signature file only contains information about how to heuristically spot triple nukes. [/rp]

I think that asking for a complete block of a specific damage nano, triples in your example, is a bit far fetched in any game. I would however support the possibility of adding a percentage for resisting specific lines of damage nanos, perks, roots, and stuns. Not necessarily a resist to *all* professions nano/perk lines, as that would make the balancing effort a moot point, but perhaps resists to current in-game nemeses of the Fixer profession.
    Last edited by Xebulba84; Oct 20th, 2009 at 16:28:35. Reason: Made my point easier to understand
    Xebulbafixer 199/24/42 Opifex Fixer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Peiriannydd 150/5/28 Opifex Grengineer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Xebulba 124/4/14 Nanomage Nano-Technician--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Xebulbameta 60/6/14 Nanomage Meta-Physicist--Proud member of armada
    Xebuladvy 63/3/14 Solitus Adventurer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Xebulbaenfo 88/5/14 Atrox Enforcer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Lybyus 73/4/14 Opifex Keeper--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Scrivener 61/5/14 Solitus Bureaucrat--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Polyphase 59/6/14 Nanomage Engineer--Proud member of armada
    All Clan, All RK1
    *plus various less important alts*

Quote Originally Posted by Xebulba84 View Post
    I think that asking for a complete block of a specific damage nano, triples in your example, is a bit far fetched in any game. I would however support the possibility of adding a percentage for resisting specific lines of damage nanos, perks, roots, and stuns. Not necessarily a resist to *all* professions nano/perk lines, as that would make the balancing effort a moot point, but perhaps resists to current in-game nemeses of the Fixer profession.
    Or that... would be even more dice rolling tho while we beg for anything to finally be reliable ...
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Dice would roll yet again but the suggestion I posted would be better received by the community as a whole I believe. It would cause the least havoc on FC's end as well in my opinion as there are already perk actions and items that give a similar effect. With things like that already in game FC would not have *as* hard of a time adding the same effect to another item/perk/nano unless I'm mistaken and the devs would have to completely re-write a section of code that they didn't expect at first.
    Xebulbafixer 199/24/42 Opifex Fixer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Peiriannydd 150/5/28 Opifex Grengineer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Xebulba 124/4/14 Nanomage Nano-Technician--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Xebulbameta 60/6/14 Nanomage Meta-Physicist--Proud member of armada
    Xebuladvy 63/3/14 Solitus Adventurer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Xebulbaenfo 88/5/14 Atrox Enforcer--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Lybyus 73/4/14 Opifex Keeper--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Scrivener 61/5/14 Solitus Bureaucrat--Proud member of Rising Phoenix
    Polyphase 59/6/14 Nanomage Engineer--Proud member of armada
    All Clan, All RK1
    *plus various less important alts*

Yea, well, it's the bottom of my list anyway ^^
    Complete blocking may be stupid but so is dice rolling, so let's make it a top 4
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    And Crats Pets got what? 4k ar?
    2.2k on Carlo, 2.7k on CEO. Laughable.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

With the pages posted on 30th, big hurray for SMG perk changed to no longer limit us to a 3 minute combat window and damage scaling!!

Now I just hope the rest of our complaints/suggestions are also given a look at!
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 1st, 2009 at 20:49:57.

Already did, like for example the 100% def check on stun i explicitly didnt ask for hurray!
    But Illogical Patterns looks actually interesting now. Just the attack skill is still not very nice :/ -250 NR on LICC might do for it ^^
    bummer it's an ai perkline. For pvm it's great anyway, at any lvl.
    Last edited by ephedrae; Nov 1st, 2009 at 23:23:41.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

I would like to see some SWS tweaks:

- for lvls 15 to 110 to use GA (and have weak offence) or use SWS and have weak evades and AAO

- Like add in lil bit more AAD and NR
    - Kind of minor NR buff (40-50).

Nothing more comes to my mind atm, but that 2 things are riping me off, since Ive got 3 fixers and they evades (maxed, twinked) are crap to currents players AR... actually, my lvl 110 fixer has same evades as my lvl 74 trader...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123