Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

OMG! The trader lub to the Volunteer line is great!! Cant wait to try it out (if/ when it hits live).
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Deceptive Stance at 5min is still pretty useless, please consider reducing the recharge even further to 2mins, with a 15-18s duration.

Fixers being the only prof without any kind of panic-button whatsoever makes us the most vulnerable to MR. Would make it the perfect anti-MR tool if you can react fast enough.

Also please consider lowering the recharge/duration on Reinforce Slugs as well, it's way too slow for the faster pace of BS where PvP in AO happens the majority of the time nowdays.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Only one issue

Install Notum Depletion Device Player level: 120+ (4)
    Requires a Grenade weapon type to be wielded

So this means that pistol engi's are doc chow now? This is the only DD perkline that engi's get professionally (thats worth anything), and one of the only ones that enable us to actually stay toe to toe with nanocasting/healing professions. "Installing" a device doesn't seem like i would need a grenade weapon equipped, and if that was the case, i wouldn't need to be within 8 meters of them.

might be nice to get something besides shotgun mastery or powerup to go along with the other perks we are training, (most of them in the group tab), even if pistol engi's got some DD perk love.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post

Fixers being the only prof without any kind of panic-button whatsoever makes us the most vulnerable to MR
    Say what?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Fixers being the only prof without any kind of panic-button whatsoever makes us the most vulnerable to MR. Would make it the perfect anti-MR tool if you can react fast enough.
    u forgot aao wont effect perks anymore, MR will be useless.

Thank you for (maybe) making Death Strike a perk that can actually be used instead of being an annoying waste of a perk.

Looks like Assassinate will also be more useful.

WTB Plaintext conversion.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

Wow shades were melee losera and now the will be ranged losers. GJ
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Another thought:

Allowing various perkline-specials to be used with more weapon types is great, as I said, but will this change include giving + to those extra weapon types in the weapon-skill perklines?

Because being able to use a different weapontype is only really a viable option if we don't lose a lot or attackrating in the process.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    u forgot aao wont effect perks anymore, MR will be useless.
    it will if the attackskill is a weaponskill or a weaponspecial
    or did i read wrong?
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Shades got shafted lalala
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    SP def check still 100% == fail
    Chaos ritual got damage cut 3 times, recharge is cut 3 times too == fail
    Hecatomb - Attack:2 seconds == omg huge fail

Why they heck, everyone got their pvp perks boosted in some way (advs got a working root now, CC was the only thing they lacked), but shades, perk prof #1 only got nerfs?
    This. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    it will if the attackskill is a weaponskill or a weaponspecial
    or did i read wrong?
    sry i looked on keeper evade debuff perks and they still have 2he as attack skill and still completely useless ;D

looks good on paper but cant really comment without testing it properly ingame :/
    Freshman $oulez 220/25 atrox bureaucrat
    Freshman $oule$oldier 220/29 nanomage NT - Stuff (outdated)
    Freshman Duratrox 220/20 Kung fu master

Those MP pet buff AoE or wutever perk action (Ken Fi -> says Range: All pets) changes...

Do I still have to target my pet, or I can finally just pop the perk and enjoy the show, with perk running automatically on appropriate pet(s) (was that both, attack and heal pet being affected at the same time?)?

And I don't understand Ka Mon action, it says Range: 20m (Team), but there's recharge on hit and on miss, what miss if it's beneficial perk action?

Anyways, nice changes, but that huge damage perk actions for docs are just, meh.
    Last edited by Klod9000; Oct 16th, 2009 at 19:18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Say what?
    You heard it.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Only thing I want to ask is, since game suggestions and xx.x patch forums aswell as professional forums are ignored, and that you obviously want opinions and reactions from the players, do you plan to actually READ and REPLY to the threads in that new section you made, or was it just something to bring the attention somewhere else, hoping nobody notice?

I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but the MAs who have been trying to get someone to answer them have been way too long ignored, Vlain is the best example, he posted in your Q&A, he sent you PMs, he posted WELL THOUGHT suggestions, and in all those, he has NEVER got an answer, which has lead him to quit.

So please, can we get answers on questions that aren't about gth, soldiers and NTs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I nerfed you
    "You've been going on his ner(ve/f)" - is the sentence you were looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Anyways, nice changes, but that huge damage perk actions for docs are just, meh.
    Well they terminate all dots running on target when you execute them so it's not quite as op as it seems at first glance

Nice changes to traders, yay for more useable perks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Another thought:

Allowing various perkline-specials to be used with more weapon types is great, as I said, but will this change include giving + to those extra weapon types in the weapon-skill perklines?

Because being able to use a different weapontype is only really a viable option if we don't lose a lot or attackrating in the process.
    I was wondering this... so for example on my Enf will I be able to use Bone Crusher Line (currently 2HB) with say melee energy weapons? Also will it give +200 ME skill too, along with +200 peircing, 1hb, 2he & 1he etc? This wasn't indicated with the red writing, but implied by the general document.

Regarding Form of Troll line: For the changes Atttack = AR & 1s att time on Troll Form, tyvm! But I think someone needs to take a look at the recharges though...

Firstly how can Troll Form miss, it's a self buff?

Also with a 240s recharge on Avalanche, that makes Stone Fist rather redundant at 300s. Was that deliberate? It's basically a backup stun incase Avalanche fails...
    Which as it stands it's not great because if you don't fire the perks off right after Troll Form you get: "You must recently have Affected by Troll Form running!"

Can I suggest this requirement is changed to a straight forward "Affected by Troll Form" (lasting the 40s of the buff) & drop the "recently"?
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast