Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

what about general and group perks? edit: n/m answered below!

Also it seems like there are no changes to the actual way that perks work, other than some alterations to how the values of attack/defense checks will be calculated. Are there going to be changes to alter the all or nothing nature of perks where very very slight differences in attack or defense skill can result in massive changes in viability?

Add All Offense will only be applied to weapon skills and weapon
    specials.
    This affords support professions a higher chance of landing their
    perk specials as they rarely have large amounts of AAO
    This is unclear to me. Removing AAO from certain perks doesn't seem like it would help anyone landing anything, regardless of how much AAO they actually have.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Oct 16th, 2009 at 17:47:14.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Sacrifice and Purple Heart is losing the -AAD and -HP penalties?

HAPPY TRADER!!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

SP def check still 100% == fail
    Chaos ritual got damage cut 3 times, recharge is cut 3 times too == fail
    Hecatomb - Attack:2 seconds == omg huge fail

Why they heck, everyone got their pvp perks boosted in some way (advs got a working root now, CC was the only thing they lacked), but shades, perk prof #1 only got nerfs?
    Last edited by Graftmage; Oct 16th, 2009 at 17:39:57.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

25th!
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

I have to say it's going to be pretty much impossible to discuss actual balance based on these documents. We can see what will/might change within our own professions but comparing that with what we see in other professions is near impossible without being Steven Hawking and remembering/knowing all the current stats on all perks for all professions so that we know exactly who gets what kind of love/nerf and how these things will mesh with future unknown changes.

I notice Adv having a lot of extremely sick damage numbers in their perk lines but I don't really know how to comment on that as I don't really know exactly how all their perks are atm or what other changes will be made to advs in the future.

/scratches head.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Did I miss something or did general / group perks not get changed at all?
    These aren't quite finalized yet - We figured it was more important to get the "bigger" ones out and available for inspection before going into the general/group lines. Those will be coming soon, though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    One question though: In most of the perk-descriptions, the proposed changes (in red) are focused on the words, not the numbers.

To give an example:

The Trader Accumulator perkline has some proposed changes to it but I don't know exactly what those changes are. The word "damage" is in red over and over but the numbers are in black and appear kinda normal to me, so I can't really tell what the proposed changes are. Could you explain what the actual changes are or how to read/understand the color coding in more detail?
    In the case of the "damage" bit, this means that the damage type is set to the same as the weapon being used by the player - Previously these were set to a specific damage type (such as Poison or Fire), but instead now reflect the weapon damage the player has. =)

There may be other things which aren't quite understandable, and I'll do my best to answer questions where I can. Genele will also be reading this thread and offering feedback as she can over the weekend.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    In the case of the "damage" bit, this means that the damage type is set to the same as the weapon being used by the player - Previously these were set to a specific damage type (such as Poison or Fire), but instead now reflect the weapon damage the player has. =)
    Aaah, I see!

That's neat.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

AoR

Hmmm AoR might actually be usefull now.

With the best healing aura and AoR thats a bit over 2k health every 20s.

Not sure if it's work un-perking a line of anything though.

hmm

Sex change in plastic surgery please!!!
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    24th!
    Fixed.

Thanks for the info Means, will take some time to digest it now....

To the dev(s) who made Dark Ruins; thank you! I've just finished the solo part & really enjoyed, it was just great in every way (I just loved all the NPCs... great personalities). A few more areas like this from level 1 to 220 & you'll have solved much of what's wrong with levelling in AO.

GJ!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

I know that asking for exact ETAs is asking for too much, but maybe you could enlighten us when those red thingies will go green (at least for Test) and how many more changes are in the works before it all goes into a patch?!
    Aspirant of the Means Cult(tm)
    ---------------------------------------
    Bug Busters (Rk2)
    now Froob RK1

Wow... stuff looks damn nice... heh seems they do listen to players :P

I can't even put my disappointment into words.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Looks nice overall.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    I can't even put my disappointment into words.
    Well, pick one thing you were disappointed with and add more later when you feel like it
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Unnerf keepers already.
    now aao wont affect perks, means wont be able perk anything with insight, mr or without them.

decrease damn def chech on perks to 75%

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    This is a pretty cool and unexpected change. How will it work with dual or triple(fist) wielding if the weapons have different damage types? Will it work with damage change buffs/items? will it work with the +damage stat?
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

As i said 2 weeks ago, its really hard to sensibly comment on that until we get to see those changes on test and get the opportunity to shoot each other's heads of .

So allow me to just post the obligatory GIVE ME MORE and NERF EVERYBODY ELSE.

And yeah, the output is rather hard to read.

As a crat: Thanks you.
    As a NT: Well, ok.
    As a shade: W T F.

220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast