Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Remodeling

Weapon Remodeling

So, some people like the looks of one thing and others of other. Social tab allowed people to change their clothing to what they like, but we are still forced to look at whatever weapons we are using.

So what I would like to see, is weapon remodeling. Basically, you apply another mesh and texture to already existing weapon. It could work with currently existing weapons, where you combine 2 into one. Or there could be remodeling kits having, or preferably, both.

There would need to be limitations of what weapon you can use to model, maybe, it needs to be same weaponskill line, for example you could only apply 1hb mesh to 1hb weapon. Would keep animations working still that way.

I believe this would need some additional coding as item database currently got different item for every item that looks different. But once done, it would possibly allow lots of other things as well, such as dying of armors. Maybe could hope with engine update?

This time in correct place...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    There would need to be limitations of what weapon you can use to model, maybe, it needs to be same weaponskill line, for example you could only apply 1hb mesh to 1hb weapon. Would keep animations working still that way.
    This is straight out of Aieon? Anyway, the other requirement is that you have the mesh and texture you want to use, so you can combine the two weapons in your TS window. On the left the mesh one, on the right the stats one.

If you are serious about the change you will camp and sacrifice the mesh and texture weapons.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    This is straight out of Aieon? Anyway, the other requirement is that you have the mesh and texture you want to use, so you can combine the two weapons in your TS window. On the left the mesh one, on the right the stats one.

If you are serious about the change you will camp and sacrifice the mesh and texture weapons.
    Yeah, point would be, that both weapons get used in process, so, for example, I would need to camp 4 Envies to have both Rhat'Ata and Xan of Envy to look like the old Beast Envy. 2 to first build the weapons I want, and then 2 more to model them to what I want them to look like.

Believe this would also add more people doing raids that drop weapons, be it in SL, RK or some other place that got some unique-looking weapons and their pieces.

Also, would be possible to have "weapon kits", that are just statistic-less weapons used to make new meshes. Some of those could be shop-buyable, while others could be harder to get, meaning people would have something to do if they care about their looks.

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    Some of those could be shop-buyable, while others could be harder to get, meaning people would have something to do if they care about their looks.
    As much as I hate Lagfront and wouldn't use it, that sounds like the sort of non stat increasing options they could add to it for sale.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

I would totally wear Minion Fire Spouters in social.

i want to convert dshark's look to solar powered assault rifle
    bump for awesome idear
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Bumping this myself. Is there really no interest for this, or has it all gone to hack and slash with no care to looks?

AO has graphics? I just see two big windows, chat with my l33t rolf frands in OCC and combat stats!

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    I would totally wear Minion Fire Spouters in social.
    Now, if those had the same particle effects as the el diablo pistols...

I do like this idea alot! But more importantly, the brief mention of dying things... for effs sakes I would love to dye some perennium weapons.

Anyone else sick of blue?!
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Weapons should default to a holster position when not in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizen View Post
    I'd like to have holster/ready action as well. Of course, automatically ready weapon when entering combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    I do like this idea alot! But more importantly, the brief mention of dying things... for effs sakes I would love to dye some perennium weapons.

Never thought about dying my weapon... But for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Haizen View Post
    Bump for great ideas!

*Bump*

bump, this is cool idea that would be nice to eventually see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    ...snip...so you can combine the two weapons in your TS window...snip...
    Tradeskill window? wow, I've been shift+right-clicking for so long I forgot it even existed. would definitely use it for this though.
    Last edited by Soultrader; Mar 10th, 2010 at 21:59:08.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Its been quiet for a while, so bump! At least I still think that remodeling weapons would still be nice. And talk about new engine at times, so for FC to not forget either =)

At least think about it at your HQ FC.

I would love to have this, maybe add some stuff to change the sound of weapons possibly as well. Idk about u guys but the sound the peren guns make gets annoying after a while maybe make them sound more like the ofab guns or the doctor's right hand of grace...
    The Heat of Inferno is burning you alive! You need protection! *grabs sunscreen*

Swiftsoldja ---> 220/26/57 Soldier
    Swifthealer ---> 203/16/18 Doctor
    Swiftma ---> 150/13/17 Martial Artist (S10 Twink)
    Natzuu ---> 60/6/14 Martial Artist (TOTW Twink)

Love the idea.
    Bump!
    Lazystabs 220/25/70 - Shade that solos all
    Lazyness 150/20/42 - Pvp Support nt <3 (CURRENTLY LVLING)
    Ladylazy 220 - Needs to stay in the kitchen
    Lazy 57/6 - Trader sloot
    Lazydork - fixur

Heh! Now even that idjit Blizzard made fantasy-MMO has this for armors and stuff.
    That's relevant enough for a bump right?

Gief Wrath of Zeus model for P. Blaster no moar shower-attachments!
    Nau!!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Heh! Now even that idjit Blizzard made fantasy-MMO has this for armors and stuff.
    That's relevant enough for a bump right?

Gief Wrath of Zeus model for P. Blaster no moar shower-attachments!
    Nau!!
    Damn, somebody mentioned transmog before me.

Anyway I think that's what this thread is basically asking for, and I was thinking to myself the other day, why hasn't AO gotten that yet after 10 Years of operation? We have enough nanobots and toilerbots and such in this game to make it senseful from a game-wise perspective.

Bump.
    Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast