Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    If Yidira was as powerful as you describe it, I'd accept the MP prof to be fixed in regards to PvP and PvM

(For those who don't get it, try playing an MP, set fully buffed Yidira on a level 180 toon with reset NR, watch how often it lands its nano and then you are welcome to join in on our little discussion.)
    Zip it! Am pees am teh overpoward.

Hey Means, does that parry/riposte (re)introduction means that melee advies are finally getting blockers (to patch that last square nanometer hole in their defense)?

More new features?

You guys are making more promises lately then every goverment on this planet has made alltogether since 1950s.

Honestly the more i read FWM last few months the bigger the ORLY? grows in my head.

Small update, big stuff.

I can't wait to get some hate-mail. 8p

Looking forward to all the nerfs, we need em. 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    Enforcers don't need any attention, they need a solid nerf or two.
    Shades benefit the most I think, MA's also and maybe Keepers, if they have spare IP. Otherwise ... if you believe other melee users will get some parry, enough to get effective use from this special, I think your deluded.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Shades benefit the most I think, MA's also and maybe Keepers, if they have spare IP. Otherwise ... if you believe other melee users will get some parry, enough to get effective use from this special, I think your deluded.
    Keepers really I think get the most benefit of any class. Parry/Riposte are two of 5 green combat skills a keeper has. The other two being psychology and tutoring. Not to mention the buffs they have and majority of weapons intended for Keepers which use those stats. I see this as a blanket Keeper fix for all Title levels. Weapons that were pointless now become uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Keepers really I think get the most benefit of any class. Parry/Riposte are two of 5 green combat skills a keeper has. The other two being psychology and tutoring. Not to mention the buffs they have and majority of weapons intended for Keepers which use those stats. I see this as a blanket Keeper fix for all Title levels. Weapons that were pointless now become uber.
    You don't have to wear parry/riposte weapons for parry/riposte to work.

Although having said that the IP for P/R has to come from somewhere (brawl)..
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Ever read Dune? Ranged weapons become illogical after a particular point of technological advancement. Personal shielding devices can block any fast moving object. It becomes a task of slowing down an attack just before impact to get past the shield.
    I have read and seen Dune (the movie from 1984), great stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

Read/watch Dune and watch Star Wars. Sci Fi and swords.
    Any ranged weapons in Star Wars? I seem to recall a few...
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Ever read Dune? Ranged weapons become illogical after a particular point of technological advancement. Personal shielding devices can block any fast moving object. It becomes a task of slowing down an attack just before impact to get past the shield.
    Holtzman shields can be tuned to prevent any given velocity range, in the case of most personal shields it is that of firearms, which means that lower speed attacks can still pass through, though with it can be tuned to prevent melee attack also.

And we don't need to mention the interaction of shield and lasgun now... do we?

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by wormx View Post
    I have read and seen Dune (the movie from 1984), great stuff.

Any ranged weapons in Star Wars? I seem to recall a few...
    Yes. As well as swords.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

The launch of Star Wars vs. Star Trek debate imminent.

umm...wow, very cool.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I love it when people try to talk about what should or should not be realistic for a video game and/or a sci-fi movie.

/me gets popcorn
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by madridd View Post
    I love it when people try to talk about what should or should not be realistic for a video game and/or a sci-fi movie.

/me gets popcorn

/me gets us some soda
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by madridd View Post

/me gets popcorn
    Especially basing it on the oh-so-scientific Star Wars.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Especially basing it on the oh-so-scientific Star Wars.

Lol.
    Dune > all, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    The launch of Star Wars vs. Star Trek debate imminent.
    Quick, remodulate our pulse emitters to match their nanobot's frequency!!!!

Dune > all, that is all.
    Yeah, yalmaha's with flapping wings. Want that!
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Yeah, yalmaha's with flapping wings. Want that!
    Ornithopters were created years before the first helicopter came in to existence

I really hope you people understand sci-fi is bigger than dune, star wars and star trek.

I used to be a major SW fan and had just about every book released, then chewbacca died.. crushed by a moon sadly, and ofc Jar Jar came along.
    I never managed to decide who I wanted to kill first Jar Jar or George Lucas, anyways Patton Oswalt and me see eye to eye on the matter.

Since the demise of SW I started reading some pretty intense sci-fi: The Gap, Nights Dawn Triology, Commonwealth Saga, The Void Triology, The Foundation Novels.

And those are only the huge space operas, you can live a lifetime in the tales those books tell, not to forget all the lesser series or stand alone books like:

Pushing Ice, Fallen Dragon, Ender's Game, Algebraist, Neuromancer, Count Zero, Cities in Flight and that's the ones I think are amongst the best, there are of course numerus other titles that lack somwhat in scope, character development or story line, but they make up for that by bringing something new to the table.

All in all I'd say The Gap & Nights Dawn Triology are amongst my 8 favorite books ever, and 8 of my most valuable possessions

/rant off
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Quick, remodulate our pulse emitters to match their nanobot's frequency!!!!
    Multi-motor reflection sorting!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast