Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

Why are some people talking about having spare IP for Rip and Parry like EVERY melee profession is supposed to have epic ripo and parry. The only professions that should be uber roxxor with these new ripo and parry updates should be SHADE, MA, and KEEPERS since they have actual buffs for them and what not. For every other melee profession it will be just a convenience depending if u wanna gimp something else to up those skills, DUHHH!

Bullets cant change direction in mid-air but nanobot enhanced muscles can change the direction of a melee weapon in a split second.

This is why melee can parry bullets but ranged cannot evade melee attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Sort of like the OT Backup Pundit, Very Nice MTI SO1210 and Galahad Inc. 055 Police Lobster?

But without the other stats and some decent damage? :P
    Those dont count. UPDATED shotgun with FA is what im hinting at.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This is epic. Can't wait to see it working
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I hope the parry thing will only work against melee users. It would be stupid to allow people to parry bullets. And since you're making it parry specials, I hope you can see how stupid it'd be to be able to parry a whole barrage of 20+ bullets from an FA.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    Bullets cant change direction in mid-air but nanobot enhanced muscles can change the direction of a melee weapon in a split second.
    Dude, 40k years in the future, bullets will be able to drive cars and babysit children. Not to mention easy stuff like changing direction, once fired from the ultramodern nanobot improved weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    I hope the parry thing will only work against melee users. It would be stupid to allow people to parry bullets. And since you're making it parry specials, I hope you can see how stupid it'd be to be able to parry a whole barrage of 20+ bullets from an FA.
    Your hopes are to be crushed and I am quite happy that they will be. Your reasoning is flawed and that is half of why I am not feeling you on this one.

Also, is there any idea when we might see this change roll out (Both Test and Live)? Or is this still very pen and paper theory?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I had hopes this week for us being able to share the plans for ALL perks and actions accross all professions this week. Unfortunately it isn't going to happen as we really feel we need to make the ENTIRE plan concerning research, perks, nanos and other changes available at the same time or the changes to perks will only be taken out of context...and a source of MORE questions and argument as opposed to LESS.
    Surprise? Didn't see that coming....

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    yay for parry and riposte returning and being effectively useless to 90% of the playerbase..

Dont get me wrong, great to see that you are still flogging such a dead horse that nobody really gives a damn about.
    Yeah, screw developing/fixing things that only affect about 3 professions, right? 3 professions that need some attention currently, right?

Yeah screw that, lousy idea.

Moron.

Pssssst. It's SCI FI.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

The Parry thing is only a CHANCE, not a 100% so no one should panic that thier specials gonna get parried every single time. TWO it last like 10secs and has a lock, so it's not as OP as some ppl think it is. THREE ranged professions already got thier love, such as new pistol perks and new fixer full auto perks...like rly what more do they need currently? They have roots and some have snares. And I think since everyone is confused about what the new parry and ripo actions can be used by MA, Keepers, and Shade

Inb4 trolling responses ><

Quote Originally Posted by hacre View Post
    yeah, screw developing/fixing things that only affect about 3 professions, right? 3 professions that need some attention currently, right?

Yeah screw that, lousy idea.

Moron.

Pssssst. It's sci fi.
    qft!

The Parry and Riposte stuff looks very interesting.

Question about the mail system. I can see that there is a 'Expires' section in the mail window.

Does this mean that messages and items sent to player will disappear after a certain amount of time? It looks like 1 month there.

If this is the case will you be able to cancel messages and retrieve sent items?

I must admit that I'm struggling to see why a mail system is needed unless it's to send items to a player while they are offline so they can pick them up later while you are offline.

You guys have done a great job of making RK/SL very accessible and meeting up with someone to do a simple transaction face to face takes 5mins at max.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    The Parry and Riposte stuff looks very interesting.

Question about the mail system. I can see that there is a 'Expires' section in the mail window.

Does this mean that messages and items sent to player will disappear after a certain amount of time? It looks like 1 month there.

If this is the case will you be able to cancel messages and retrieve sent items?

I must admit that I'm struggling to see why a mail system is needed unless it's to send items to a player while they are offline so they can pick them up later while you are offline.

You guys have done a great job of making RK/SL very accessible and meeting up with someone to do a simple transaction face to face takes 5mins at max.
    I've loaned a ton of items out over the years which one would have to wait till you saw the person online again to get them back. Offline transactions are a god send no matter which way you fillet that fish it will be a tasty treat indeed.

Thanks for bringing back parry and riposte.

Green skills that are useless are annoying.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

the expires thing stops people using the mail system as a bank. This happened to AoC and i think clogged up the servers some with all the item ids being stuck in the mail system.

Yeah, i agree. depending on distance, if im all up in your face you have a weapon, its goin to be alil harder to get that fa off tho...as compared to you smashing the button when im 100+meters away. but im unsure about perks, should they be included also? ive never heard of a perk attack, so that would mean someone explaining "What" exactly perks are, and where they come from, as they technicaly arent a physical attack
    Last edited by styles999; Oct 9th, 2009 at 18:39:23.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Soldiers are teh nerfest.

It's my birthday !

/me runs outside

EDIT: It was serious
    Last edited by Malaxia; Oct 10th, 2009 at 11:30:13.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkii View Post
    THREE, ranged professions already got thier love, such as new pistol perks and new fixer full auto perks...like rly what more do they need currently? They have roots and some have snares.
    How does any of that help a bow user that has no roots or snares I wonder...
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast