Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Good stuff. Now I'm on the hunt for a low lvl melee wep to swap to for AMS down time.
    HA! Who's insane now? PUNK! XD

(I was working on a 1he swap alpha awhile back and i think you should be able to equip a ql200ish OFAB one fairly easy AND you get Fast Attack and Brawl (stay away from using the sneak tho so you dont get FA locked out for 40sec -.^)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Adventurers will gain a new hostile morph - Rollerrat. The nano will have a 140% NR check and cause the target to be forced into 1st person camera view and cause their view to spin when they run. Duration: 3 minutes, cooldown 10 minutes.
    oh yes this needs to be implemented!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I am disappointed that none of the ingame mails had "Anarchy online is DEATH! DEATH!" as subject :/
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So, active participation in combat is zombification?
    I was talking about raising riposte/parry from the dead. We don't need it, not now when specials are about to get nerfed, unless...

Well, the only thing you want is for MPs to be the ubergods and noone else to have anything to fight them with we all know that.
    You can't blame me. After all, you want the same for NTs. We all know that.

Hello!

Dunno where to post it so i just shout it here: Lag is insane and very very annoying! Do something with ur servers!

Dunno exactly which patch, but for month now AO become very laggy and not only for me. And its not simply a pf or my PC.. WHOLE game suffering huge major lag.

Not speak about door-lag in inf mishes that are in game for years now, but nowadays whole place lagging. Im speaking about huge rubberbanding, disappearing a whole redeemed village in pen. Outside of range spam as melee when im next to the target, huge lags / freezing monitor for many seconds, even attack delay (when i press Q my toon starts attack after 2-5sec) even insta nano cast bugs (you must stop and ways sometimes many seconds to cast an insta nano), also lag-zoning (when you stop running but server thinks u still run so u zone where u dont want. For example dieing in fence doesnt help). Also perks lagging now, they have delay now (they starts to fire after many seconds i used them).

So in all, AO is worst to play atm compered to a year or so? Yes, i changed ISP but while ago now, didnt have any probs. PC is same, downloading is same as before. Even if i turn torrent off lag exists. So the problem is not on my side and others says lag is huge also. Dunno what you did in last patches but these were worst ever. Only bugs...

At least AO was playable even if its not so beautiful. Hope with new engine AO will be both playable and enjoyable also. But till that wtb some fix please!
    Last edited by Tutyimutyi; Oct 11th, 2009 at 12:46:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    I was talking about raising riposte/parry from the dead. We don't need it, not now when specials are about to get nerfed, unless...

You can't blame me. After all, you want the same for NTs. We all know that.
    Just because Parry & Riposte are not a part of "YOUR" toolset doesn't mean it isn't a massive missing part of others toolsets. The fact they are fixing these two skills is beyond uber, beyond wanted, beyond needed, it is like proving santa claus exists in terms of epic goodness. {edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 13th, 2009 at 03:24:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Just because Parry & Riposte are not a part of "YOUR" toolset doesn't mean it isn't a massive missing part of others toolsets. The fact they are fixing these two skills is beyond uber, beyond wanted, beyond needed, it is like proving santa claus exists in terms of epic goodness. {removed from original post}.
    This...
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 13th, 2009 at 03:27:52.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Just because Parry & Riposte are not a part of "YOUR" toolset doesn't mean it isn't a massive missing part of others toolsets.
    Actually, it IS part of my toolset. And even if it weren't, I have every right to think/say about it no matter what you think/say.

The fact they are fixing these two skills is beyond uber, beyond wanted, beyond needed, it is like proving santa claus exists in terms of epic goodness.
    The fact is, they are not needed (especially now, with incoming specials nerf) and they have other, more important, game breaking stuff to fix.

{edited by Anarrina: removed quote from original post and answer}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 13th, 2009 at 03:28:17.

tl, dr

I give up.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You don't have to wear parry/riposte weapons for parry/riposte to work.

Although having said that the IP for P/R has to come from somewhere (brawl)..
    Guess it was too much to hope for the IP to come from aimed shot.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Parry will work vs. ranged (yes, MAs, you can finally imagine that you're yanking bullets out of thin air with your fingertips) - It's a few thousand years into the future, we figure that people who are advanced enough to use nanobots to completely transform themselves into other creatures can *probably* strengthen a sword/stick/whatever to block a bullet. Riposte, however, will require that the target be within melee range for the attack.
    Finally... at least I won't get alphaed to death as easily when trying to run to catch up to my opponents. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to reset my IP's...
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Actually, AC's are hard capped at about 6.5k, after that it is always min damage. I really hope that part of this balancing act is to raise the cap on AC's to double or triple what they are now. If the scaling were left as is, meaning damage is reduced at the same rate of 10 AC = -1dmg but the cap raised then people would actually care about AC's on their armor higher than tl5 where the cap can be feasibly attained with little sacrifice. Additionally, if say armor set 1 had 13k Chem/Radiation, 12k Poison/cold/fire, and 11k Melee and Projectile, then there would actually be a difference in how much damage a target takes depending on the type of damage. Right now everything is forced Min damage at about 1/2 or 1/3 of the actual AC's available and floating around in game.
    You are incorrect. Here you can read, better threads out there too. You'd be correct in saying that quite a low amount of AC helps against many PvP weapons as well, however, there are things such as pets, MA fists and maybe this too that higher ACs should help against. Also, with high HP it might be useful versus SA, since SA checks AC's.

You'd be correct in that ACs could use some sort of slight revamp though to make them more useful, as they don't really come into play that much at TL7 since the expense is more useful things. But then again we have ridiculously big AC buffs available for some professions...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    You are incorrect. Here you can read, better threads out there too. You'd be correct in saying that quite a low amount of AC helps against many PvP weapons as well, however, there are things such as pets, MA fists and maybe this too that higher ACs should help against. Also, with high HP it might be useful versus SA, since SA checks AC's.

You'd be correct in that ACs could use some sort of slight revamp though to make them more useful, as they don't really come into play that much at TL7 since the expense is more useful things. But then again we have ridiculously big AC buffs available for some professions...
    Actually, according to the link you posted it's the other way around. I'd be correct and you'd be the one that is incorrect. Did you mean some other thread as evidence perhaps and get them mixed up? Just because you can "get" more than 30k ACs doesn't mean it does anything for you. Once you breach the cap it forces dmg to the min just as I said and is also said in the linked thread. But anyway thanks for finding that for me Saved me the trouble.

Cmon, FWM is so interesting... Aside from all the web comics that I read, this one I can really relate to.

Customer: I need a good website
    Me: It will have this and that within one week.
    Customer: Ok, /pleased

Me: [playing AO for one week]

Customer: Is the website ready?
    Me: [oh f*ck it's the guy with the website]
    Me: No, not yet. But I have some awesome ideas that would look great on your website. Won't cost you too much.
    Customer: Ok, let's see.
    Me: Come back tomorrow
    Me: [drinking tons of beer, scribbling some ideas and photoshopping stuff]
    Customer: [looks at TXTs and JPEGs]
    Customer: Wow, looks nice. See ya in a week.

Me: [oh f*ck it's the guy with the website again]
    Me: No, not yet. But I have some awesome ideas that would look great on your website. Won't cost you too much.
    Customer: Ok, let's see.
    Me: Come back tomorrow
    Me: [drinking tons of beer, making a bit of basic HTML and photoshopping some more]
    Customer: [looks at HTML]
    Customer: Wow, looks nice. See ya in a week.

Me: [oh f*ck it's the guy with the website again]
    Me: You know... I've got some more ideas, I'll keep you updated. Every friday.

etc etc.

Btw, I don't want to insult anyone with this post: I don't think devs play AO, I just used it as an example.
    Last edited by byteflush; Oct 12th, 2009 at 03:30:32.
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

I'm uberstoked!

Thank you means and FS! Parry ripost is very cool and I'm celebrating that you've decided to do soemthign with them.

Yay!

Whoops typo.. But you are wrong it is capped at 6.5k, feel free to test it to your hearts content!
    Is this something your mother repeats to you every night as she tucks you in or what? You keep repeating it, yet apparently cannot be bothered to actually test it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Is this something your mother repeats to you every night as she tucks you in or what? You keep repeating it, yet apparently cannot be bothered to actually test it yourself.
    Been there seen it done it got the t-shirt. Next please.

Been there seen it done it got the t-shirt. Next please.
    This isn't rocket surgery, just pick a weapon with a decent damage range. You can even estimate how much AC should be required to reduce it to constant minimum damage (using the 10 AC = 1 point of damage reduction rule.)

Here are a few examples I used:

* Impious Dominator (~8600 AC for min dmg)
    * Enhanced Mantis Scissors (~10400 AC for min dmg)
    * Super SOL Fire Executioner Type F (~14000 AC for min dmg)
    * Sparkling Scimitar of Spetses (~21400 AC for min dmg)

In all cases weapon damage varied vs AC values less than those listed, with the damage range gradually narrowing as the estimated min dmg AC value was approached.
    In all cases weapon damage was constant vs AC values greater than those listed.

Maybe at some point in AO's history there was an effective cap on AC, but that has not been the case for quite some time and it is certainly not true now.

Please stop spreading disinformation.

This whole parry/riposte thing seems like a keep-happy to me. What I expected to see was a well-designed plan about the strengths weaknesses of every professions and the perks, nanos, etc. that should support those things. Whats we got seems the result of a fun friday afternoon brainstorm session with coffee and cake.

I'm getting more and more afraid that this balance FC is talking about is nothing more than the usual "change flavor of the month so everyone stops whining while they level there next prof to 220".
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Individual player skill in taking advantage of this action will be a significant factor in how effective it can be.
    Button mashing by kids with ADD ftw!

Debump to Parry/Riposte. Fix what's broken before introducing a new layer of complexity to game mechanics.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast