Thread: 14.5.1 Live Database Up and Searchable...

14.5.1 Live Database Up and Searchable...

Nothing really too interesting to note about this...dumped the live version of the DB, which doesn't look terribly different.

I did, however, optimize some stuff and improve the readouts on a number of items. In addition to fixing the output of Boosted Hellfury Assault Cannon (not saying it makes a lot of sense...the item is kinda screwy, with a typoed Burst req, and nonsensical reqs on the Hellfury Notum Disruptor nano cast...but it's accurate as to what's in the DB), I also fixed the "Hit" function to show the AC type of the hit. (Most noticible in Candycane, since it uses all ACs in a row.)

URl for anyone who can't read my sig... =P
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AODB/

-Jayde

Just curious, why can't you choose which QLs you want it to search between?
    Yagyu for life

Is tehre any reason your site is so slow? Takes me 5 minutes to open it... all other takes 2sec
    Last edited by Fylk; Oct 3rd, 2002 at 18:18:57.

Site comes up very fast for me. I do have one question

All three of the databases I know of do not list any buffs the crat has as crit buffs when you search for crit buffing nanos, but they do have area crit buffs. Is this a oversight made when programming the search engine or is there another problem.

~aqua

Originally posted by Kaiousama
    Just curious, why can't you choose which QLs you want it to search between?
    Mostly because I hadn't really run across the need and nobody had asked for it yet. =)

I'll add it to the site this evening for ya.

Is tehre any reason your site is so slow? Takes me 5 minutes to open it... all other takes 2sec
    Dun ask me...comes up fast when I access it. I've heard that the backbone the server is on doesn't agree with European hosts in terms of speed, but I don't know if that applies to you.

All three of the databases I know of do not list any buffs the crat has as crit buffs when you search for crit buffing nanos, but they do have area crit buffs. Is this a oversight made when programming the search engine or is there another problem.
    Checking effects will not generally "find" sympathetic nanos. The reason behind this is that within the nano itself, it casts another nano. The other nano is the one with the crit effect on it, but it is not a castable nano.

Eventually, I may add logic to check nanos that are casted by other nanos, but I wouldn't be able to go too deep since that kind of search would a lot more intensive.

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Oct 3rd, 2002 at 19:09:44.

QL Range searching is now available.

-Jayde

Woot ty This some kinda repayment for lettin yas go see tara?
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Kaiousama
    Woot ty This some kinda repayment for lettin yas go see tara?
    lol I'll add another feature or two on request if you give me a Signet Ring next time.

Seriously, though. The site is a constant work-in-progress. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Most of the stuff it probably doesn't have aren't things that are really "hard" to do, per se, just stuff I haven't gotten around to or didn't think of.

-Jayde

Hehe..dunno bout that...before when 50000 ppl didn't show up they used to just give me the rings to distribute to other advs that I knew needed them...but now there's more green advents showing up. Guess I'll have to ninja one for ya
    Yagyu for life

*worships at the feet of mighty Jayde, He Who Hath Displaced Auno On The Scale Of Uber Leetness*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Yes, there must be some problems with the european connections to your site.

Originally posted by Siddis
    Yes, there must be some problems with the european connections to your site.
    I'll look into trying to set up a mirror for the overseas folks. =)

-Jayde

The site does not appear slow at all from this corner of the world (in Northern Europe).
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light