Thread: PvP is unbalanced

PvP is unbalanced

NTs have no chance in PvP. wheres our crits???
    all the other classes have huge crits, which with the crit buff makes them do far more damage nearly every hit than i do against MOBs. WTF is that???

and fergit about killing a MP theres no chance of anyone doing that....
    but i guesss its for the best. if funcom says its balanced, then hey it must be....

one more question.
    in old paper and pencil RPGs a crit was generaly a roll of double 6s or whatever. how can a class cast a crit buff that influences the law of averages???

none of you have the guts to reply to this???

everyone else complains, now its my turn.

PvP was fine before, now it really comes down to who begs better buffs. and NTs cant even compete against the unatural crit buffs that everyone is getting. why is that crit buff even in the game??? why dont calms work in PvP? crit buffs might be understandable if my calms worked in PvP.

every profession should have its nemmessis. noone should be uber and able t kill every other charater.
    give NTs back our range, it was our only defense.

you could carry a gun. then you could crit. problem solved..

I see NTs do just fine in PVP at all levels. At high levels they do very well. There are quite a few recent novice 150+ NTs. I have also seen lower level nts played well take down much higher professions that are assumed to be better in PVP.

So, in short, you are wrong sir.

It's not a question of guts, when people don't reply they just don't agree.

I suggest if you have a real problem with your character do a re-roll.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Jan 1st, 2002 at 18:22:54.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    I see NTs do just fine in PVP at all levels. At high levels they do very well. There are quite a few recent novice 150+ NTs. I have also seen lower level nts played well take down much higher professions that are assumed to be better in PVP.

So, in short, you are wrong sir.

It's not a question of guts, when people don't reply they just don't agree.

I suggest if you have a real problem with your character do a re-roll.
    "Quite a few recent novice NTs 150+" Quite a few is an overstatement, there is one i know of, Gunnandahalf, he is lvl 180ish, and is solitus and got a good gun. Now, if you are lvl 180 woldnt it be strange if you didnt own in PvP? I would like to see those low level NTs beating the "much higher" professions, and i would like to see their opponents, cause they must suck. I got apprentice atm, got it after dmg nerf, but at lvl 154 is sooooooo easy to get title, cause 95% of those you fight is much lower lvl.

And I have seen your complaints about soldier, soldier is a much more complete prof than NT, and a good soldier totally owns NT, same does almost all other profs, yes even fixer does, if he got something else but mausser.
    NT phone HOME!!

there is one in my guild, Besheeba, and there are 2 more omni ones ive seen. That's about 20% of the high level pvp population I see a lot of.

As to the lower level ones I saw a 65 nt take down a 75 atrox. Both were PVP noobs.

I think smart NTs do just fine. Yes they aren't as uber as they once were, but who is? Hehe I guess traders, docs and metas.

Anyway, what do you think will happen Gar? do you think Funcom is going to give NTs their range back? Give them faster nukes? Make their nukes be the exception for damage caps and 50% off damage? half the nano cost of your nukes in PVP? I mean let's face it, you are going to have to play the hand you are delt, same with me, same with everyone.

let me give you a little clue about basheba. She never goes 1 on 1, always hangs around Drzand and when you hang with higher people of your own side its easy to group kill, not team kill, and credit for kills without actually killing the person. I have killed besheba numerous times, she has killed me once and that was an axample of what i just explained.

First, i dunno how Besheba is PvPing, but we are about the same lvl, and as I said, i got apprentice myself, and could easily get Novice, takes some kills but still. Because when 95% of those you fight is about 30-70 lvls below you, its easy, and it doesnt really impress to be novice at that lvl.

And for the lower levels, i remember i was lvl 42 or so, and fought a lvl 50 soldier, this was a long time ago, when there was a 2-3 sec lag on all nano executions, and burst was still instakill. I killed him, not because my NT was so damn good, but i knew when to run etc, so i used a few first aids and he was unlucky with his burst. So its not impossible, but if the opponent is skilled in PvP, the odds are very low.

Smart NTs do fine, until they meet a smart opponent.

Range, is out of the question as far as i know. Faster nukes, maybe not faster nukes, but let nano init have an impact on recharge too. Exception is totally out of the question i believe. Half the nano cost for our nukes PvP, yes thats what alot of us are hoping for.

Play with the hand i am delt... Nah, i started to play this game from day one, and i certainly dont sit with the same hand anymore, and i know 100% sure that things will change in the future too, so atm I have to play with what i got, true, but that doesnt mean im stuck with that for the next 4 years.
    NT phone HOME!!

That all seems reasonable to me. Half nano cost is going to be a trick to pull. Wouldn't be very hard to code tho, so it's a pretty low request in the effort department.

When i said you have to play the hand your delt I was speaking of the moment we are in now, not the future.

The example of the 65 nt taking down the 75 enforcer was an interesting one, as i stated both were obvious pvp noobs, but even at level 75 this enforcer hadn't invested in his OWN root breaker line, let alone the general store hostiles you can run in your own ncu. I've never seen anyone so inactive when rooted. He was a pretty dumb opponet for the nt.

NTs in the sub 100s are about as hard to PVP with as sub 100 crats, soldiers and adventurers. They are all gimp classes at those lower levels and they all need some help.

Like I said, good luck to you, would be nice to see some happy players in the game.

nano init should influence recharge time at least somewhat at some point. it doesn't now but should...

yup, recharge time.

and as far as soldiers go..... i got owned by one tonight. total waste of my time to even bother showing up for that fight. using the best nanos i can twink to(level 60, mc 426), i wasnt even denting him while he was blasting away at me for 300-400 a hit. i coulda used my big nuke(850-1200 damage) but i would have been dead before it was finished.

i am one kill down from my freshman title. i do get kills. but only when i get the drop on em, or MAs. i wasted a big 2 headed dog tonight. didnt get a chance to ID her, but i bet she was an MA with some advens buff.

edit* the guts thing was more or less just to get some replys wether ya agreed or not. if nothing else i expected to get flamed.
    happy hunting
    Last edited by nyarlathotep; Jan 3rd, 2002 at 03:51:53.

im not a big pvper (would like to be) but i do from time to time and against different professions. im an atrox nt at lvl 67 and i have always been able to keep up with the same nfs as nano mages (sometimes even far ahead of them). i can win some matches, against some proffs, but when battling most proffs i am sunk. i know i can take on nts of my same lvl and win (so me sucking isnt the prob). i CANT fight trader or mp due to debuffs. and soldiers and enf always own me due to their incredibly powerful shields (that i cant see anyhing but another soldier or enf beating). i enjoy matching my skills against others, but when the others have such huge advantages over me (e****ally with over equiping, an enf doing more dmg than an ma, or a soldier doing more dmg than an nt) i dont stand a chance, i know that at high lvls there is much more balance (cant over equip), but until you hit 150, why bother even trying??? i fought a lvl 65 enf yesterday and didnt even touch him.... i was able to get off more than a few nfs.... and even my nuke... but all i could do for dmg was around 100.... which was about what he was hitting me for. we both had about the same ac (him with tank armor and me with a coat) but i didnt stand a dam chance.... wheres the balance in that???? i dont pvp much anymore as i just cant compete against such forces..... sure i do more dmg against mobs..... but what the hell do i care when i cant even mark someone (e****ally when nts are supposed to hit harder than EVERY other profession)....... i really hope that at least the new no over equiping patch goes in as it will help the situtaion out alot.....
    (sorry if this sounds like a rant.... its late and i need a doob =P)

Enfs have powerful shields? MY ****ing ass...Hey do you like my 20 dmg shield wooo.

[/B]There are quite a few recent novice 150+ NTs[B]
    Fool, title mean nothing, they could be killing lvl 80's or 90 for all you know or gank.

Dah
    You learn and go to school now not me ultra!