Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surrounding The Council Of Truth - Tomorrow

lo orbit

and grow up mike
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

This coming from the kid who told me to suck it and then proceeded to call me names?

Originally posted by LevRivers
    lol @ revolution and Mike!

You bought a game about a four year conflict of war and are moaning about people trying to start a fight??????

haa haa, yeah, im a real jerk!

*me laughs all the way home*

You both came here flaming, i didnt, i think its kiddies like you who need to go home.....

I'm not moaning about people trying to start a fight, I'm talking about how you are an idiot and you shouldn't be in any kind of position to influence any people or events. I'm expecting a war, and I'm preparing for one, but I'm not starting one. I'm following a line of responsible leaders that know what there doing, and letting cooler heads prevail.

Yeah, I flamed you. You were flaming all clanners first, and you deserve every bit of what you get. You just don't have a clue, call me kiddie? Are you referring to my actions (your actions and words seem much more juvinile), or are you referring to my age (of which you don't have any idea how old I am).

Lets get one thing straight, started out doing and saying stupid things. Then, when me and Mike called you on it, you start trying to pretend that we are the ones that are acting childish. Grow up? You need a serious reality check, you might not need to grow up (I am assuming that you are an adult) but you do need to grow wise.

Oh, and BTW Lev, you come here talking trash and then you say you're just the messenger....hmm...sounds like you're just a puppet.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Post Originally posted under "Story": What on Rubi-Ka are you trying to do?

So, with all the factions in agreement, we declared that unless Phillip Ross personally asks us to, then we are declaring our factions outside of the amnesty.
    If I didn't know better I would begin to suspect that you are part of the very same "organization" you assumedly are opposing by this statement....

Phillip Ross HAS already told you his mind on this...

"Let me say one thing right now: There is absolutely no truth to these rumours. The Council of Truth and thousands of clan members have extended their sincerest condolences to the families of the victims, and Mr Radiman and I met yesterday afternoon to discuss the incident at great length. I am convinced that the Council will do everything in their power to help Omni-Tek investigations into the matter. Let me also reiterate that the amnesty holds firm, clan members are still welcome to put the past behind them and lay down their arms, and my negotiations with the Council will continue after the holiday break.

Yes that is from the desk of Phillip Ross - as you might recall through your blood rush fogged mind.

Lay down your arms for the sake of peace - don't start something you cannot control!

Addition:

I am furthermore appalled by the fact that you apparently didn’t consider the fact that the other Guilds participating in the march and your guild as well – will probably meet strong resistance from the loyal Guilds that did not partake in your foolishness.

If you declare that you are breaking the amnesty, yourself and all who support you will become renegades hunted and killed by all three sides in this “conflict”

I bet you didn’t consider that.

I wish you luck – you will need it, but it can’t save you.

*me yawns*
    you guys *still* on about this?

k, well, whatever seems to float your flame boats,.....

revolution, sure, im in a position to influence events, riiiiiight.

Im just glad you arent. If you were we'd all be oppressed in our gameplay because it wasnt how *you* wanted it to happen.
    Have u never been to an FC official event>? They are way way big let downs. Us ot's had some fun that night, we're not here to cater to clanners whims of what u want in a story event.
    we went out on raids and enjoyed what limited pvp action there is in this game.

Mike : sure, *i* started the insults first. Go read your own posts....

you'll find your first post was "wasting our time listening to your BS"

*very* mature.....

I said you wasted my time with your BS, i.e. the BS reasoning you used in the event. Which is , IMHO, what it was: BS. The reasoning behind your attacks was flawed as the news clipping posted in this thread and others show. Even YOU think your roleplaying was bad.

"if you go into player event board and read the surrounding of CoT thread, i prove that bad roleplaying and idea's get noticed."

Then you come along and start with PERSONAL attacks. There's a big difference between me saying your EVENT sucked, and saying YOU suck. You started the personal insults, hence my "Grow up, Lev" comment. Meaning you were being immature. Personal attacks are immature and uncalled for, even if you didn't start it. "But he started it" is not a valid excuse for namecalling.

However, since you took that as a personal insult, let me extend my sincerest appologies for not being more clear as to my meaning. It was not intened that way, it was merely a critique of your RPing at the event (not of you directly), which IMHO showed a lack of understanding of the story thus far. I can only hope you'll reciprocate with an appology for your childish (albeit misguided) remarks.

BTW: I never said you started anything. I don't know where you got that from.
    Last edited by MikeWeather; Jan 2nd, 2002 at 10:13:22.

Mike, I would like to see you come up with a player event that is better (Planning, announcing, and acting out) than this one. Until then, could both of you please stop? For me?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Without belonging to a guild, that would be kinda hard, especially considering I don't know too many people in AO. Besides, everyone, even Lev, agrees that the RPing sucked. That is not an issue anymore. The issue is childish insults.

Besides, I can't design a game better than AO. That doesn't mean I shouldn't complain about it's problems. Same thing applies here.
    Last edited by MikeWeather; Jan 2nd, 2002 at 18:44:22.

Well, if you dont find that calling my post is BS, then surely its not provoking if i can say back that all your posts so far have been utter BS.

Exclamation

Mike, send me a tell in game...we'll fix that part about you not knowing ppl in AO.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

I didn't call your post BS, Lev. Re-read the thread. I called your in-game remarks BS. My posts are not BS in the way I was refering to your RPing being BS, i.e. showing disreguard for what has already happened. Or did I misunderstand your comment?

Oh well, I didn't actually think Lev would have the maturity to appologize. Thanks for making me the bigger man.
    Last edited by MikeWeather; Jan 4th, 2002 at 18:54:13.

gotta admit the 'event' seems stupid

Can somebody tell me what would happen to the football or basketball player who decided to disregard direct orders from the coach? That is one of the most despised and heinous acts in any highly organized endeavor. Omni-Tek and their employees after staging this parade of inconsistencies looks like the Bad News Bears. First demanding an apology from a coalition that actually is opposed to the perpetrators of the crime and secondly killng Neutrals in a fit of bloodlust supposedly brung about because no apology came. As a gamer, I'd personally be ashamed to have taken part in such an ill-conceived 'event'.

Directly disobeying orders from superior officers = treason. Not being able to read the daily newspaper = ignorance. Killing innocent Neutrals = murder. Nice bunch of people you managed to gather together there.

If your beef is with the Amnesty, then work to get it absolved. If you don't like how Mr. Ross is handling things, then work to get him replaced. Plot an assassination attempt against him. Stage a rally or work stoppage. Or how about going after Dust themselves? Getting upset and running around knocking over the other kids' toy-block buildings doesn't make any of ya' look good. It just looks childish.

Didn't anybody think about what Omni-Tek was when they decided to work for the company?

(Didn't anybody have as difficult a time choosing sides as me when creating their first characters? I couldn't in good conscience play the march-in-lock-step, follow-orders-to-death, Stormtrooper character of an Omni-employee. Looks like a lot of Omni players would have been better off as Rebels.)

---

Here's my thoughts on why FunCom implemented this Amnesty and when we can see an end to it. I don't think the players can do anything about it right now:

Personally, I am holding on to the slimmest of hopes that FunCom has introduced this Amnesty to tide us over until they can implement a REAL faction system. My guess is that the Amnesty won't be lifted until they can:

- stop Omni/Clan players from killing same-side NPC's.
    - allow Omni/Clan players to buff/heal same-side NPC's.
    - prevent Omni NPC's from appearing in Omni player missions.
    - stop the Clan/Omni NPC's from attacking Neutral players in non-political areas.
    - address the other Neutral issues such as shopping/defending towns.
    - provide for the _true_ capturing of Outposts up to about the size of Meetmedere.

The lack of a real faction system is absolutely killing the 'war' side of the storyline and gameplay in general. The game just doesn't work right now in terms of the politics of war _or_ good game design. Those Omni NPC's roaming around are there to aid and assist fellow Omni players and attack Clanners (and Neutrals if they are in a sensitive area). From a game design standpoint they are supposed to create an adventuring area that is safer for one side than the other (Territory control). They are _not_ there to be experience factories for Clan and Omni fighting side-by-side.

I think FunCom realizes this. I only hope that this 'Amnesty' was put in for the short term as a way to address the deficiencies of not having a real faction system in a game based on a war between two opponents and involving others who choose to be non-combatants or despise both sides equally.

Remember, it's only been 3 months or so since the storyline started. If what they say on the 'envisioned' page is true, we can probably see factions truly implemented around the time they put in the capturing of territory. If it's this July, August, or September, what's the big deal? We'll Have patch 14.0 at that time and a nice storyline launch of the official end of the cease fire. We'll be almost 1/4 of the way through the story and things will truly explode. Is that so bad?

Lightbulb

good point Bio,

Why do people have this idea in their heads that Omni are the evil and revel the good.
    Omni have to follow certain rules.
    Rebels have no rules - they are Anarchists (this patching together?)

Which side has to be more controlled and which side has to follow its superiors (bit one sided -> a Anarchy has no leader)?

Just thought I'd bring that up.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Man, there's no point arguing with a childish kid like mike who changes his stances to make himself constantly right

" I called your in-game remarks BS"

No, you didnt, for a final time, read your own posts. You never mentioned anything about "in-game" in your first post, you never mentioned anything except the above statement relating to me.

I even put a proposal to meet you ingame, showing that at least i can be civilized, but where was the response? no where.

You and revolution make so many assumptions, constantly making it out to be MY event, this is all MY fault...

neither of you know the circumstances, and neither of you are omni im willing to bet. (i only say that because as i said before, the people who arranged this, arranged it for omni people, not clans).

I am good at hosting events, i am good at roleplaying, and until you can prove me otherwise, NEITHER of you two are in a position of authority to say anything else, since no one has seen anything of your ability. Needless to say you have no idea of what i've done in the past with regards to roleplaying.

Im willing to bet my character, Lev Rivers, is a lot more RP than either of yours. And if you wanna prove it, once more, i'll meet you ingame, invite your friends, let them decide... because i know there are a lot more people that think im a good roleplayer (gms arks included) that think im not.

And ooooh, did you notice? If this was SUCH a crap event, why have Funcom put up Baxie's article on it's events talking about it on the official site in The Rubikan Times??? On the *front* page....

Please dont fall under the assumption your nasty little attacks on me actually bother me, i only care what my friends think of me, not people who are as negative as you two.

(and im letting this thread die now, im notta gonna post again, so i suggest you all do too)
    Last edited by Zaduda; Jan 6th, 2002 at 02:10:59.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12