Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 25th, 2009 - Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ... The upcoming weeks should also bring the "Sponsorship system" to the Live servers where the kind act of mentoring new players and ecouraging them to become full members of the AO world will result in a reward of free game-time. I had hoped to get this out earlier in conjunction with the evaluation of the german server but the deployment of the new billing system has resulted in delays ...
    do you remember your fwm months (MONTHS!) ago in which you informed about our already (ALREADY SINCE MONTHS!) existing newbie-bot and help-system? do you remember? yes? no? should i search for the link?

if theres no new player, who should we mentoring? who?

aahhh, just a second ... i found your message between the lines ... YOU want US to get new players? *muhahahaaaaha*

since there is already a very great newbie-system founded by the players helping new players (if there is one *muhahaaahaa*) your superduper sponsoring system will help nothing. and if you want the players searching for new players and honoring them with free playtime - will not work.

... No serious decision will be made concerning the future of the DNW until this system has had a fair chance at helping the recruitment of new players ...
    thank you. finally you wrote a statement!

you will need two? three? four? more weeks until your system working? - ok, thats a month. then you will waiting until your system had a chance? thats more weeks, let me guess untill end of year...

thank you for informing me about that.

---> canceled today all my three accounts.

... I know this is likely not what some of the DNW community wants to hear but it is the next significant step in the process of deciding on the future of the DNW server ...
    hm... if you know that, why dont search for another possibility? :-p
    just a tip: you also should inform the germans about all the steps :-p

... Cost of an AO subscription has been a long term concern voiced by the DNW community...the sponsorship system is a direct action based on DNW concerns. The large percentage of players who wish to remain on a german-only server are entitled to try out the new system designed for them before any other drastic and permanent action is taken ...
    sure, subscription cost is a problem! we are paying 17 euros each month, no other mmorg is that expensive, all other are at 10-12 euros/month.

we are paying too much, now you want us to find new players willing to pay too much for a game so that we get free time? well, lets move thats money problem from old players to new ones!!!

sorry means, i dont understand your plans, i dont understand why dont you realy get on the problems, so much players of dnw are realy willing to help you and Waldgeist, they realy wanted to assist you.

i dont know why you always hit them...

but i know the feeling of the players of dnw. and therefore you will get a big

LOL

on this fwm.

i m so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelfamilie View Post
    i m so sad...
    yes. yes you are.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

The halloween stuff looks/sounds awesome please leave some suprises in there though... Really looking forward to the holiday ^.^

Gotta disagree with earlier poster though, if you're gonna do bat wings, make them big and scary!

Oh and I'll cry if you do breed changes, I'm rerolling to a soli enfo from a 220 atrox enfo. Got to lvl 200 so far...
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Hi Means!

First: Thank you for your statement about DNW! I think I was on the wrong way if I had thought, that you would ignore us completely.

But there ist still one big thing I must correct: DNW would not get enough players to mentoring.

Its to early for this system. Sure its a great idea but not at this time. After the new engine would be a better way. Where to get all of these new players?

DNW is dying and we need a solution for everyone and not for three or four players which are mentoring new players and get a free month. Its ok Means but not the true solution of the problems from DNW.

"Cost of an AO subscription has been a long term concern voiced by the DNW community......"

You are right but we as german players pay more money for a month subscription than other players because of the $ -> € exchange rate problem.

It would be fair to everyone on DNW to look exactly at this problem. AO must not get very cheaper than before but it would be a little bit cheaper for german subscribers. I don´t know how long we have paid to much for this game because of the $ -> € exchange rate problem.

Its just a suggestion from me as one of the DNW players. I still count on you Means and I think most of us do it. You are not far away from the right way to help us on DNW.

Best regards to you and your team,
    Millarks aka Zynda
    Last edited by Millarks; Sep 26th, 2009 at 15:39:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Millarks View Post
    Hi Means!
    You are right but we as german players pay more money for a month subscription than other players because of the $ -> € exchange rate problem.

It would be fair to everyone on DNW to look exactly at this problem. AO must not get very cheaper than before but it would be a little bit cheaper for german subscribers. I don´t know how long we have paid to much for this game because of the $ -> € exchange rate problem.
    Isn't that the problem with all Europeans and not just germans? Those paying in $ pays way less than the rest of us.
    If I had the choice i would pick paying in $ any day. I'd save around 1.45 euro per dollar spend.
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Quote Originally Posted by Jandorith View Post
    So, when do we see the REAL work on Fixers?
    Yus, 310 FA is definitely nice, but I sure hope there's a lot more in the works.

I'm sure some fixers will appreciate the extra FA, and we definitely appreciate getting some prof lubbin', but simply tossing us FA/AR just continues us down the path of soldja-lite. (And don't worry, soldjas, we don't like it anymore than you do.)

Can't wait to see the real work on fixers!
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Hello Means, does this means (heh heh) that you intend to give the 220 community some closure -at least for some time until they rediscover the game on lower level toons?

This weeks update was delayed by a significant problem found with the start-up experience in Shadowlands on TestLive that made it impossible to start a new Keeper or Shade.
    Why not keep it that way until we find time to work on those professions?
    Even doh I stoped playing the game becouse of the state you left soli keepers I`m not gonna give up!

Still want some info on this.. any teaser will do

Have a nice weekend Means
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

I had hoped to get this out earlier in conjunction with the evaluation of the german server but the deployment of the new billing system has resulted in delays.
    Since there is a new billing system in progress, does this mean that european players will recive extra month_S_ of ingame time since we'r paying twice the amount that americans or $$$ paying players. Or is this just water under the bridge in your book?

I lived with a furry. And on the weekends, I had to live with his furry girlfriend. Who I made cry no less than twice, with a few scathing remarks. After the second episode I was kicked out and went back to live with my mother for a few weeks. It was actually an improvement.

And at one point we put our spare room up for rent, but because my retarded housemate was uh, retarded. And a furry. And all sorts of other ****ed up things. He put his adverts up at the local gamers guild, and the local comic shops. Which meant the only possible housemate we could get would be a closet queer comic freak or roleplayer or some other failure.

So the second roommate we (almost got) was a pre-op transexual named Jane. He was 6 foot 7, and had a beard longer than his wang. Not that I saw his wang.. but its an accurate guess. Seriously, they got in touch with us on the internet and presented themselves as a woman. Then came knocking on the door the next day and its like, wtffffffffff GOWAI.

There. FWM 25th Sept officially KILLED.
    Last edited by Dangerbot; Sep 26th, 2009 at 19:51:03.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

yay
    Last edited by haavarst; Sep 26th, 2009 at 20:05:38.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerbot View Post
    I lived with a furry. And on the weekends, I had to live with his furry girlfriend. Who I made cry no less than twice, with a few scathing remarks. After the second episode I was kicked out and went back to live with my mother for a few weeks. It was actually an improvement.

And at one point we put our spare room up for rent, but because my retarded housemate was uh, retarded. And a furry. And all sorts of other ****ed up things. He put his adverts up at the local gamers guild, and the local comic shops. Which meant the only possible housemate we could get would be a closet queer comic freak or roleplayer or some other failure.

So the second roommate we (almost got) was a pre-op transexual named Jane. He was 6 foot 7, and had a beard longer than his wang. Not that I saw his wang.. but its an accurate guess. Seriously, they got in touch with us on the internet and presented themselves as a woman. Then came knocking on the door the next day and its like, wtffffffffff GOWAI.

There. FWM 25th Sept officially KILLED.
    Sounds strangely like the end game raid bot community here in AO too.

Quote Originally Posted by luxeryphatz View Post
    Since there is a new billing system in progress, does this mean that european players will recive extra month_S_ of ingame time since we'r paying twice the amount that americans or $$$ paying players. Or is this just water under the bridge in your book?
    The fact you agreed to pay that amount will probably lead to no refund. And I find that quite logical, actually, even if I could use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    What part of Second Life were you in to think furries ran it?

I see a little polymorph now and then and I think I've seen one centaur and a couple foxes; other then that, in over a year that I've been there, it's all humans.

You know that, like the internet in general, you really only find stuff cause you look for it...
    i only go by what several articles and tv says about that forsaken place.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    Oh great.. this FwM will be about furries and sex change? I hate you Shadowgod
    i do what i can.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Means, I'm diggin' the new Halloween news like a shovel! The new phasefront stuff actually looks very unique and fresh! If you still have time, or might at least consider some of these ideas for future Halloweens of Rubi-Ka, I made a nice post about Halloween Phatz we need.

It looks like you are already doing the bat wings and cat suit though. A BIG thanks to you and the AO team for keeping things fun while in the midst of reworking AO in sooo many other ways! Really, thank you.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

While I'm thinking about it, what was the big thing Kintaii wanted to post as a finale for his Fridays With series. but said wasn't done in time? Have we seen it since then or is it still in production?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_ View Post
    Isn't that the problem with all Europeans and not just germans? Those paying in $ pays way less than the rest of us.
    If I had the choice i would pick paying in $ any day. I'd save around 1.45 euro per dollar spend.
    Yes. Probably excepting the british, who for some reason always get to pay in £. Everyone else around here though gets to pay a lot more for AO, and everything on Steam for that matter. Because € == $. Though in fact the current exchange rates for € -> $ is something like 1.5$ pr. €.
    AO may be a nice game, but why is it half again to twice as expensive pr. month as WoW? Or EverQuest 2, or whatever else you might mention?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thought we saw Kintaii's 'Finale'. The first image one week was a teaser to make folk guess what it was, and the follow up image, the mystery revealed. That pink tipped robot suit, coming in 18.0

Its the Dark Ruins armour set, is it not?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Oh yeah, shinies! Almost forgot.

Due to scheduling conflicts and a few... uh... interesting things cropping up, my original plans for the grand Fw(o)M finale post didn't quite go as planned. That said, though, there's still a few things to show off.
    Ah. Nevermind.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes. Probably excepting the british, who for some reason always get to pay in £. Everyone else around here though gets to pay a lot more for AO, and everything on Steam for that matter. Because € == $. Though in fact the current exchange rates for € -> $ is something like 1.5$ pr. €.
    AO may be a nice game, but why is it half again to twice as expensive pr. month as WoW? Or EverQuest 2, or whatever else you might mention?
    We pay in Euros too if we live in UK.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast