Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer Love?

Adventurer Love?

Here is what we want!
    Or atleast me...
    • Cyclic Shields for us poor Adventurers as promised.
    • Change the 100+ buff for pistol and 1 hand edged level requirement from level 195+ to level 100+ like fixers have with their Supreme Suppressor (level 100+ and 100+ to SMG).
    • Add a new set of 1 hand edged / pistol buffs, that are atleast equal to the buffs other classes get.
    • Change it so that Sabretooth does not lower your runspeed, instead have it increase runspeed, and not only that, have it increase evades and dodges too, I mean who has heard of an unagile cat?
    • Add a agility modifier to Sabretooth (Self) for the same reason as stated above.
    • Implement the Ancient Adventurer Sword as a quest.
    • Give us NoBob camera for Sabretooth, not the one we have now where you see half the morph infront of you.
    • Change level requirement from 195 to 190 on Kin Of Tarasque and the other highlevel nanos, so that we can use them before its time to quit playing... (200)
    • Fix the animation on Parrot when in flight
    TOMTEMOR

Adventurers got love a few patches back.

NTs, Soldiers and Engineers need love the most now.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Love? we didnt get any love, we got crap!

If you take a look at what we really got you will understand what I mean
    TOMTEMOR

Tomtemor ??

Is that hair on your head or a hat?

Tomtemor, if -you- look at NTs, Soldiers and Engineers, you'll find out that didn't even get crap. Perhaps you'll understand what I mean?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

the advent "love" patch only gave us about 20% of what was promised.

the multi ranged buffs still won't allow us to use a ql200 pistol in our offhand, the pistol buffs still don't allow us to get the attack rating we need in order to be a viable class in pvp, the cyclic shields were never implemented, the BBIs were never fixed.

this thread didn't ask funcom to implement advent "love" prior to or to the detriment of NTs or Engies, etc. it asks funcom to implement the things that were promised.

pistol damage is still a joke, and the MR reqs on them are still outrageous even with our MR buffs. maybe if the MTI Gray was actually implemented into the game we'd have something, or if the Pain of Pricilla were obtainable, or SOMETHING.

our special damage shields were never implemented.

oh...we did get a nerf on dragon form (for the 5 advents who could actually use it).

our weapon buffs that were implemented add very little when compared to weapon buffs that other professions get.

the best thing that we did get is the sabretooth line of instant heals (lick wounds).

so, we just want what was promised to us, in addition to any fixes for the other professions....not to their exclusion.

I totally agree, we poor advs do NOT ask for MORE, just give us what were supposed to get a long ago.

Plus kinda logical stuff like what was saying Tomtemor about sabretooth that should have speed, agi and evades increased, and not dicreased.

And i still wonder what is the point having a set of brand new nanos that can be only used by 195+ ? huh ? that makes no sense...

I agree with tom too. The adv. "love" patch gave us tons of new stuff that no one can even use. I've yet to see someone cast Kin of Tarasque. Doubt i'll ever be able to. I dont use a sword or pistols(Nova user), but i'd probably switch back to swords if the edged buffs were actually castable. Plus those special swords. I'd like to use swords again, but right now im kicking ass with the nova because i can get better attack from soldier buffs withmy nova then i can with sword buffs with the riders i used to use. Good thinking Tom this needed to be brought up again.

bumpage:

We just need what has been in the database since when? 14.2? Our new shields plus new pistol/1he weapons that are also in the database. I am frankly tired of waiting 2-3mths per patch just to find out it STILL isn't in the game.

Also totally agree on the buffs we got. Unless funcom gives us something to boost PM or SI by like 40 or so, those 195+ buffs using SI/PM are useless to us. PM was useless to advents before this "lovin" patch, and since morphs use SI, SI is more important to implant, always has been. I find my PM is like 63 behind my SI. Now even with 2xrings and coat I still can't get close to what I need to cast even the lvl 145 wolf buff.

BTW can someone at FC tell me why a wolfform gives buffs to evades/damage and cat form wouldnt? I mean if I put a wolf and a tiger in an arena, that wolf is DEADMEAT. Cats are faster (um cheetah is worlds fastest land animal) more agile, can see in the dark better, do more damage etc. Don't know what they do in Norway, but in the rest of the world we all know this fact.

Also agree 8 of our new nanos are 195+ but in reality more like 199 castable if that when our skills cap, as the reqs are crazy. I think waiting a year for an expansion is TOO MUCH TO ASK of us. I am going nuts with boredom as it is.

I want to see soldiers and NTs get lovin, but ya know what NTs are a damn good class, I have a soldier and can agree they need more to make them what they are supposed to be, SOLDIERS. I aint asking for my own lil patch again, just for the ON switch to be flipped on what we should have had long ago. IMO if advents were as popular as MAs we would have had it all at once like the MA lovin patch.

Isgrimnur lvl 179 advent, been nova, x-3 and now melee advent and i want my ancient adventurer sword!
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Kzak, if you don't want adv to have the thing they where promised in their "love" patch you'd be lucky to have half of what FC promise to give NT's/ Soldiers / Eniges in the future. This is just about giving adv what they where promised a long time ago and never got.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Advs are not a priority right now. Come on, let the ppl who really need some love get it before you go asking for more. At least you're not getting nerfed, be thankful for that.

Yes I also agree that ADV don't need a love patch ATM. As an NT I personally want us to be next. But When they gave ADV the patch, Yes the lvl req suck, ( The new Nt nanos will be like that also, if there is any). Plus the nerf to Lizard sucks too. But some one mentioned that they need 40+ to a couple of nano skills in order to use them ( Now I assume self buffing) at 195. NT's at 200 can't even use there last nanos either, so it the same for us with NT's Old nanos.
    What they need to do is give out what was promised, no matter what Class we are. But at least this way, they have someting to do down the road, and yes this sucks. And Another thing is that not every class should be great at PvP, As an Nt I can deal the damage, but i can't take it, that is the way it should be.

Rulex
    152 NT No NS

Originally posted by Thatone
    Advs are not a priority right now. Come on, let the ppl who really need some love get it before you go asking for more. At least you're not getting nerfed, be thankful for that.
    Ok Soldiers, NTs and Engineers...
    Say FunCom promised you new MK 40 shields, Nullity from stores and Slayerdroids from level 40, I mean FunCom might do that if you concider the the wierd things they generally do...

I want you all to go look in the sticky adv thread that cosmik posted about adventurer changes...
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=23560
    Don't you think we were pretty happy that for once we were beeing noticed (i have played since release and the first ever adv patch came 10 months after i started)...

We were getting new nanos! woot!

Now for some quotes...

1. New versions of all the existing damage shields Adventurers have. These will inflict slightly more damage than the other ones. The major difference is that the absorption shield effect on them now extends to all damage types and will refresh itself every 2 minutes. Naturally, they don't stack with the existing ones. They are self-only and have a lower NCU cost than the others.

These are the so called Cyclic shields...

NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!

2. Damage shield upgrades. These are secondary damage shields that will stack with the other adventurer damage shields. Self-only. Can only be cast if the adventurer has another damage shield running. Later versions also provide minor damage and HP buffs. Last one also provides 2% deflection.

3. Buff line for 1h-edged. Also does a minor fast attack buff. Last ones do a minor damage and parry buff. Self-only.

4. Buff line for pistols. Also does a minor fling shot buff. Last ones do a minor damage and perception buff. Self-only.

5. Combo multi-range + multi-melee buff. Self-only. Last ones in the line also do minor evade buffs.

These were implemented, which is GREAT! I love them!, yet with a level requirement, which I HATE!.

The rest are nanos that can only be cast when the adventurer is in a polymorphed form:

6. Nukes when in pit lizard form. One single-target nuke. One AOE nuke. One AOE DoT.
    Level 185 on the Single Nuke, also requires 830 BM, 752 MC
    Level 195 on the AOE Nuke, also requires 874 BM, 787 MC
    Level 185 on the AOE DoT, also requires 853 BM, 770 MC

Now, I am currently level 183, so I am close to using the 185 ones, BUT, I wont be able to selfcast them due to title caps.

The Single Nuke I will need to get BM Teachings/Masterys for (not sure yet) and possibly MC Teachings/Masterys (not sure yet).

The AOE DoT I will be able to use with masterys.

I doubt I will ever come close to that 874 BM that the AOE Nuke uses w/o outside buffing.

7. Massive HP buff when in pit lizard form (7000HP). Useable once every 20 minutes.
    Self-only.

This buff requires:

Biological Meta >= 865
    Matter Meta >= 779
    Level >= 195

Sure this is a great buff, but my question is, can anyone use it selfbuffed?
    Same here by the way, title requirements.

8. Damage and evade team aura when in wolf form. More effective on people who are also in wolf form. Later versions also do minor runspeed and amsmodifier buffs.

These auras are nice, but the seriously take too much NCU to be worth using...
    Same here by the way, title requirements.

9. Perception buffs when in wolf form. Basically the opposite of the agent's Ruse of Taren line (top level version if +600 perception). Can be cast on others if they are also in wolf
    form. Also provides minor evasion and HP buffs.

My guess on why FunCom added this buff…
    To make up for removing the ELLTS and changing the new scopes to perception only…
    This buff has no practical use really, possibly for detecting ”sneakers” in Camelot…

10. Instant-cast self-only heals when in sabretooth form. Can be used every 25-35 seconds. Very low variance in the heals so the adventurer knows what to expect from the heal.

Good job FunCom!
    But its the same here, title requirements.

12. 12 hour leet charms when in leet form. This is just for fun. The adventurer can charm a leet for 12 hours and have a little pet. Higher levels of this mean that you will be able to charm higher level leets - Leet, Eleet, Leetas, and finally Soleet.

A nice party trick, if you decide to have a party somewhere out in the jungle, the leets wont zone so we cant have leets in the cities, and where are all the people?
    In the cities…

This buff to me was fun to read about but when i got to thinking about it is seemed more like a slap in the face, ”we wont nerf you, we’ll give you some crap instead”…

Thats all the nanos we were promised…
    Now, this is something I think should have been in the game from day one…

Imagine this Soldiers…
    Level requirements on your MK line…(195+ on MKX ofcourse)
    Level requirements on your Reflects…(195+ on RRF, RRF(E))

Imagine this NTs…
    Level requirements on your nukes… (195+ on all Izgimmers, Kels etc…)
    Level requirements on your HE’s… (195+ on PNH)
    Etc Etc..

Imagine this Engineers…
    Level Requirements on your pets… (195+ on your Slayers)
    Level reqirements on your shields and ac buffs (195+ naturally on the highest)

Before our so called Love patch we were basically the most screwed class on Rubi Ka, as I said before, no love in 10 months.

Now imagine yourselves in our position, we get the nanos that should have been there from day one, and what do we get? Level requirements! yay!

Just imagine yourselves what you would do if in your love patch FunCom also added level requirements to your already existing nanolines?
    No more MK shield?
    No more Slayers?
    No more Izgimmer? Kel?
    I ask of you, what would you do then?

My best guess is quit playing...

Am I correct?

For that is just what FunCom did to us adventurers and also to Fixers, though their buffs are better then the adventurers.

Compare Supreme Suppressor and Division of the Winds for instance...

Supreme Suppressor adds 100+ to SMG and 64 to Burst
    Division of the Winds adds 100+ to 1HE and 25 to Fast Attack

Already there unfair?
    Then look at this:

Supreme Suppressor requires 503 SI and 503 PM
    Division of the Winds requires 787 SI and 787 PM

Unfair now?

Supreme Suppressor has a title requirement of 100
    Division of the Winds has a title requirement of 195

Oh, this seems real fair? Wouldn’t you say?

All I want is what we were promised...
    TOMTEMOR

so they gave you everything they said they would except for one thing.......sounds great to me!

and with your damage shields and those insanely overpowered heals you have now you are powerhouses in pvp after level 165 exspecially after 195, just go watch mazine or patk9 pvp sometime. stop complaining and realize how much you have actually been given. a high level adventurer now has the tools to be truly powerful so i suggest you stop complaining on the boards and go practice your pvp skills because there is no reason you shouldn't be rockin it.

Originally posted by kainzgt
    so they gave you everything they said they would except for one thing.......sounds great to me!
    Did you read this part?

Thats all the nanos we were promised…
    Now, this is something I think should have been in the game from day one…

Imagine this Soldiers…

Imagine this NTs…
    Etc Etc..

Imagine this Engineers…

Before our so called Love patch we were basically the most screwed class on Rubi Ka, as I said before, no love in 10 months.

Now imagine yourselves in our position, we get the nanos that should have been there from day one, and what do we get? Level requirements! yay!

Just imagine yourselves what you would do if in your love patch FunCom also added level requirements to your already existing nanolines?
    No more MK shield?
    No more Slayers?
    No more Izgimmer? Kel?

Am I correct?

For that is just what FunCom did to us adventurers and also to Fixers, though their buffs are better then the adventurers.

Already there unfair?
    Then look at this:

Unfair now?

And as for PvP
    look here...

Wanted By Omni
    Wanted By Clan

Now count how many from each class made it in there...
    I see 1 Adventurer...
    And i count as many as 13 Soldiers...
    TOMTEMOR

Another Engineer posted something like this:

Our bots are our primary weapons. But due to pet pathing problems they commonly lag behind in missions.

How would Adventurers respond if their weapons had lagged behind them? Well, sorry, your Rider Executioners are stuck three rooms back while you ran forward with the rest of your team, so I guess you'll have to use fists until your weapons catch up with you.

How would Adventurers respond if their weapons automatically unequipped when they logged off, and had to go buff-begging in order to get a decent weapon on again?

There would be a massive outcry.

And this is what we Engineers suffer daily, among other problems.

However, we are growing weary of complaining.. it's been many months since we got any answers from FC staff on the status of things.

Originally posted by Tomtemor

Imagine this Soldiers…

Imagine this NTs…
    Etc Etc..

Imagine this Engineers…

No more MK shield?
    No more Slayers?
    No more Izgimmer? Kel?

Am I correct?

Already there unfair?
    Then look at this:

Unfair now?

All I want is what we were promised...
    First id like to say that funcom has already made it clear that no one will be getting 'love' patches anymore. Patches will bring improvements to a class over time.

Next, my response to this post, ive never played a soldier or engie, so i wont comment, but in my opinion engies are more gimped than NTs, and soldiers are only slightly less gimped than nts.

NTs were promised love from the beginning.

Nts were SUPPOSE to be the masters of damage. Are we? well lets see, MPs get a better nuke, and can get a higher attack rating than NTs with an assault rifle, oh, dont forget the buffs, debuffs and pets. And thats just one of the many classes that outdamages us.

you wanna put a 195 req on izzies last word or kels? fine, go ahead, no one uses those nukes anyways, and it shows how little you actually know about NTs.

You honestly expected funcom to give you everything they originally planned? those were preliminary notes, nothing was set in stone. Perhaps you should go read the disclaimer on the test server. Maybe you should talk to the mps who were promised 3 pets, but only got 2 plus a lame duck that doesnt do anything. Or to the enfs and docs who havent gotten a SINGLE improvement since release. Hell, look at the lastest fregin patch, 'outdoor content' uh, my latest char was started 8 days ago, is now level 106, and it hasnt gotten outside exp since lvl 3 in the backyard. My 161 NT gets a team and the first thing i hear is 'who wants to get a mission?'. You have to realize funcom isnt obligated to give you everything they tell you is in the works.

as for you kzak, your post was one of the funniest things ive read in awhile=P
    President of Midnight Reveries

I agree with you that engineers need love too, I am just comparing what our patch did with what it would do to other professions...
    Everyone needs/wants love, but when we got our love we only got 20% of it...

And as for NTs, again look at the PvP Most Wanted lists...
    More NTs / Solders there then Adventurers anyways...

My add of level requirements was just to show you what I ment, not a suggestion, and if noone uses Kel's/Izgimmers then put 195 on the one that NTs really use...

Serioulsy all I want is for every class to have the same chance, and as I have said before NTs/Soldiers/Engies need love too, but we need to get the love we never got, if you see what I mean...

Imagine you are promised 100 new things in your NT/Eng/Sol patch, and you get 20, and then everyone would say "ooh ohh you got your love, my turn, my turn..." wouldnt you feel the way I do?
    Last edited by Tomtemor; Sep 27th, 2002 at 09:53:40.
    TOMTEMOR

If I got 20% of what FC said they would do for NTs I would have been happy.

But I gave up waiting and made an MA.

I had alot of fun playing my NT up to level 133. But FC seems to have no intention to fix any problems with the class, so I'm not going to waste any more of my time in the hope that they might un-gimp us.

I understand Tomtemor why your not happy, but you have to expect a hostile reaction from NTs and Engies who are far more in need of love than Advs are. FC would fix everything if they had the time, but they don't. And their time should be spent on the classes that really need it.
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

Originally posted by Narakar
    I understand Tomtemor why your not happy, but you have to expect a hostile reaction from NTs and Engies who are far more in need of love than Advs are. FC would fix everything if they had the time, but they don't. And their time should be spent on the classes that really need it.
    We were in dire need of love, we were promised love and got 20% of what we were promised, from that point I think we are still just 20% better then before...

Too bad FunCom didnt do as good a job on the Adventurers as they did on the Fixers...

AND I PRAY THEY DO A GOOD JOB ON ENGIEs / NTs / SOLDIERS
    and all the other poor gimped classes out there!

[Insert random flame at FunCom here]
    TOMTEMOR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast