Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 18th, 2009 - A start on Fixer issues

I want screenies of something!
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    Changing side isn't something I want to consider. I've been in this org since the day I started in the game, I've made lots of friends and I can't just move to a different org and start everything from scratch or put up with some sided org's drama. :P
    Then why don't you spend the time with your org to debate on an org wide side change... Also there's these things called Bots, they can link chat together, not all of your org has to be Sided or Not.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Erm who said anything about being president? :P

And most neut orgs have a side preference anyway, you want FC to force like 80% of neuts to side? :P

You could also say it's selfish for the people that aren't interested in new necks to claim they're not wanted ;P

Oh and I'm sure that about all my my orgmates are happy being neut, nobody wants to side, especially not just for boards. Like I already said, most neuts aren't interested in PvP or siding just for a better neck item. And when it comes to support, we're all treated like omnis anyway. We get to raid on all the omni bots and we're welcome to help with towers at any time. Really apart from me there's only one other person I can think of from my org that's dying for proper necks and neither of us are interested in siding.
    He was suggesting that the org president should be capable of swapping the side of his/her entire org with a confirmation for each member to chose to remain in the org and be swapped to the chosen side. And I would whole heartedly support such an option.

No I could not say it is selfish of those people at all. The players whom play Neutrals are a community of their own. They have had little to start with and been slowly given more and more. Enter new age of Neutrals, pvp minded neutrals. People who want to be a 3rd faction. Not what those whom originally created the side to begin withs intentions and contentions. Originally, those who wanted to be Neutral wanted no part in the conflict of NW. They did not want to be "**** on" by org mates for not showing up to defend towers or to attack towers. I remember well the livid arguments that transpired here during that time leading up to these changes we are discussing that founded the Neutrals as a side. It was only these new generation Neutrals who want this change because suddenly they got a taste of PVP and have already made friends within the Neutral community and feel that it would be too great a sacrifice to swap sides as if they were leaving their home. Yet that is what you do when you go to war.

Really I cannot support or condone anything that further dilutes the game. The fact that Neutrals a side that begged to be removed from the war altogether and yet still given the right to pvm beyond TL2 are now asking for equality in PVP along with the other unique benefits to their side. I am sorry you are stuck in the mental rut you are in. But realize it is a rut you have elected to remain in and are now frustrated at your own decision and blaming funcom for not adhering to your selfish demands for changes that do not fit in the game in anyway and overall do not serve to enhance it in anyway.

Neutral's are for lack of a better term an RP faction. Always have been. They wanted to RP "Civilians" not "Mercenaries". The Clans are already the Mercenaries in AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Really I cannot support or condone anything that further dilutes the game. The fact that Neutrals a side that begged to be removed from the war altogether and yet still given the right to pvm beyond TL2 are now asking for equality in PVP along with the other unique benefits to their side. I am sorry you are stuck in the mental rut you are in. But realize it is a rut you have elected to remain in and are now frustrated at your own decision and blaming funcom for not adhering to your selfish demands for changes that do not fit in the game in anyway and overall do not serve to enhance it in anyway.
    To be fair the chances of the Neutrals today (on the forums) being the ones that begged to be removed from the war are slim; furthermore there is no mention when choosing a side that they will be excluded from significant enhancement and performance in PvP. A lot of the people you see as Neutral now have rolled it under the impression that it is just a third side and they did not ask to be left out of the war. They leveled with the impression that Neutral was a side able to PvP and have the advantages of free travel.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    To be fair the chances of the Neutrals today (on the forums) being the ones that begged to be removed from the war are slim; furthermore there is no mention when choosing a side that they will be excluded from significant enhancement and performance in PvP. A lot of the people you see as Neutral now have rolled it under the impression that it is just a third side and they did not ask to be left out of the war. They leveled with the impression that Neutral was a side able to PvP and have the advantages of free travel.
    Truthfully it was considered at release that to continue past 125ish you would have to choose a side. Then we found out that was not true and you could go to 200 with some stuff missing.

I feel that when a Neutral chooses a side on the BS that it should award faction with the proper faction and take faction from the proper faction as well. If the Omega or what ever the SL things are called are controlling omni tek then a neutral that has postive faction with the redeemed should loose faction for helping omni-tek. Of course that would be story line based and we know how the story line is taken around here.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Then why don't you spend the time with your org to debate on an org wide side change... Also there's these things called Bots, they can link chat together, not all of your org has to be Sided or Not.
    Heh imagine for a second that there was a 221 clan application available to you. How would you like it if someone from your org suggested that the whole org went clan? :P
    I'm neut and I'm not interested in changing and neither are my orgmates. If some do wish to side, there's nothng stopping them from doing it, but I'd rather stay neut. :P

He was suggesting that the org president should be capable of swapping the side of his/her entire org with a confirmation for each member to chose to remain in the org and be swapped to the chosen side. And I would whole heartedly support such an option.

No I could not say it is selfish of those people at all. The players whom play Neutrals are a community of their own. They have had little to start with and been slowly given more and more. Enter new age of Neutrals, pvp minded neutrals. People who want to be a 3rd faction. Not what those whom originally created the side to begin withs intentions and contentions. Originally, those who wanted to be Neutral wanted no part in the conflict of NW. They did not want to be "**** on" by org mates for not showing up to defend towers or to attack towers. I remember well the livid arguments that transpired here during that time leading up to these changes we are discussing that founded the Neutrals as a side. It was only these new generation Neutrals who want this change because suddenly they got a taste of PVP and have already made friends within the Neutral community and feel that it would be too great a sacrifice to swap sides as if they were leaving their home. Yet that is what you do when you go to war.

Neutral's are for lack of a better term an RP faction. Always have been. They wanted to RP "Civilians" not "Mercenaries". The Clans are already the Mercenaries in AO.
    I don't see why you're so bitter about this. Imagine if you had 221 apps available to you and the other side had neck items that were twice as good as yours. Would you switch side, abandoning all your connections to your current faction just so you can have access to that item? No, you'd just whine about equality like I'm doing :P
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Truthfully it was considered at release that to continue past 125ish you would have to choose a side. Then we found out that was not true and you could go to 200 with some stuff missing.
    Yes, but is it stated by the Neutral recruiter? In most cases I'm sure that's the only source of information people have, besides players, of the factions. At least from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I feel that when a Neutral chooses a side on the BS that it should award faction with the proper faction and take faction from the proper faction as well. If the Omega or what ever the SL things are called are controlling omni tek then a neutral that has postive faction with the redeemed should loose faction for helping omni-tek. Of course that would be story line based and we know how the story line is taken around here.
    A gradual shift (like if you were killing Unred mobs as Omni) of faction as you fight against Clan or Omni in PvP may be the way to go. They wont instantly lose their neutrality but it will slowly change it so that Unred/Red will attack you unless you fix your faction.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Heh imagine for a second that there was a 221 clan application available to you. How would you like it if someone from your org suggested that the whole org went clan? :P
    I'm neut and I'm not interested in changing and neither are my orgmates. If some do wish to side, there's nothng stopping them from doing it, but I'd rather stay neut. :P

I don't see why you're so bitter about this. Imagine if you had 221 apps available to you and the other side had neck items that were twice as good as yours. Would you switch side, abandoning all your connections to your current faction just so you can have access to that item? No, you'd just whine about equality like I'm doing :P
    Completely wrong on your assessment of me. When ever I start a game I start with a character on all sides. I actually did not start out clan first. It was after running around for a bit in the various locations, talking to people, reading lore and so on that lead to my eventual decision to remain clan. Anyway, I am a purist, traditionalist, what ever. If the item was added at a later point in the game then yeah sure I'd bitch. But the fact is you are causing that to happen. If they gave Neutrals an equal neck item. They would be second best or first best side in terms of all things.

re neutrals dont fight arent mercs etc... neuts may have been that at one time, but its not 2003 anymore times change and i thought part of mmos, especially AO, was players effecting story line. as much as people want to define neutrals as dont want to fight, the truth is that most of us are people who were asked "do you want to be the oppressive uber corp or the freedom fighters who at times turn to tyranny?" and responded with neither. so yes we want to fight for other neuts and even along side our friends that are not neutral. we are mercenaries and merchants. In the end i wish FC would take more actions to flesh out neutrals as legitimate faction, but that most likely wont happen.

with that said, i am more then happy with the current neck improvements. in choosing neutral i new that there would be some disadvantages and never expected to be handed an item that is easy to get AND equal to 2.5k boards, that is irrational. If FC decides to make neuts more of a faction and gives us some sort of token esc grind i would have different expectations. BUT that is not currently happening. The only complaint i have is that there is no CL on the board which should be 100-200 since there are plenty of end game items that need to be kept out of OE...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    re neutrals dont fight arent mercs etc... neuts may have been that at one time, but its not 2003 anymore times change and i thought part of mmos, especially AO, was players effecting story line. as much as people want to define neutrals as dont want to fight, the truth is that most of us are people who were asked "do you want to be the oppressive uber corp or the freedom fighters who at times turn to tyranny?" and responded with neither. so yes we want to fight for other neuts and even along side our friends that are not neutral. we are mercenaries and merchants. In the end i wish FC would take more actions to flesh out neutrals as legitimate faction, but that most likely wont happen.

with that said, i am more then happy with the current neck improvements. in choosing neutral i new that there would be some disadvantages and never expected to be handed an item that is easy to get AND equal to 2.5k boards, that is irrational. If FC decides to make neuts more of a faction and gives us some sort of token esc grind i would have different expectations. BUT that is not currently happening. The only complaint i have is that there is no CL on the board which should be 100-200 since there are plenty of end game items that need to be kept out of OE...
    Not true. The second a neutral picks up a weapon they are now an armed combatant and are now officially labeled as a Clanner. A Clanner is any armed rebel on the planet Rubika. There is no grey space here. ICC only provides protection for non combatants per the storyline of the game. There was a point where a prior game director stopped developing the story and during this time things went stupid. Any, ANY, ANYONE who arms themself and is not an employee of Omni-Tek IS 100% a clanner. Wether they like it or not according to any and all lore sources of the game. We are in this screwed up situation solely because a prior game director made a haeneous mistake and the game has been suffering ever since.

Not true. The second a neutral picks up a weapon they are now an armed combatant and are now officially labeled as a Clanner. A Clanner is any armed rebel on the planet Rubika. There is no grey space here. ICC only provides protection for non combatants per the storyline of the game. There was a point where a prior game director stopped developing the story and during this time things went stupid. Any, ANY, ANYONE who arms themself and is not an employee of Omni-Tek IS 100% a clanner. Wether they like it or not according to any and all lore sources of the game. We are in this screwed up situation solely because a prior game director made a haeneous mistake and the game has been suffering ever since.
    how the omni-tek oppressors view me is of no concern to me, for all i care they can call me a clanner. What is important rather, is that i choose to not align myself with clanners across the board. no matter the source of neutral existence, we are here and need to be delt with either way...

Means:
    Any updates on the bugged city upkeep where it is pulling rent multiple times on the due date?

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    I have found nothing pointing to any "out of line" deductions. Double (or more) deductions are happening tho, but I still need more data on when and where.
    We submitted the information he requested during the initial petition & then via the support email (as requested during the petition), but never heard back from Macrosun on if he wanted it in that thread also, or if the other submissions were enough.

Thank you.

Everyone with an org city needs to keep an eye on this so that we can all provide more information & MAYBE see a refund of the excess rent paid too... not to mention those that have LOST their org cities because of it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

how the omni-tek oppressors view me is of no concern to me, for all i care they can call me a clanner. What is important rather, is that i choose to not align myself with clanners across the board. no matter the source of neutral existence, we are here and need to be delt with either way...
    That is nonsense. You are a splinter clanner if you are a combatant and not Omni-Tek. No other way to view it.

That is nonsense. You are a splinter clanner if you are a combatant and not Omni-Tek. No other way to view it.
    funny, cause when i hit f1 and then t it says neutral in my description...

see... this is the issue caused by unneutral "neutrals". theres a small minority of players who, see a "yes/no" choice, and would rather go with a "maybe" option. even tho they might lean "no". cause they feel that to make a choice between two options is being pigeon-holed. thus causing a rebellious instinct.

they then latch on to any 3rd option there may be, and try to redefine it to their own beliefs. even if that means compromising the original reason for the third option to exist.

and to lobby for their beliefs to become a new, fourth option, is too much effort for them to take, since they've already taken the path of least resistance, which is the 3rd option. cause to then have a 4th option.... well, that'd just make them cry.

personally, i'd love to see clan get all the advantages that neuts have, ontop of what we already have. i'm sure theres tons of other clan who wish this as well. have you seen thread after thread of clans whining how they dont have it fair like the neuts do, and we should have their cake as well? course not. people who have chosen a side understand the boundaries, and live with them.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

how exactly em i un-neutral?

you were the one who told us you are. and proudly at that.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    you were the one who told us you are. and proudly at that.
    i call omni oppressors and then say i dont want to be part of the clans, calling some of them tyrrants and i am suddenly not neutral? sorry but that sounds neutral to me...

as much as people want to define neutrals as dont want to fight
    People don't, Funcom Did, Never heard of Funcom saying any different.

we are mercenaries and merchants.
    I you're a merchant, then sure, I'll happily accept you're Neutral, if you're a Mercenary though then you're a Clanner by Funcoms definitions of Omni, Clan and Neutrals.

No you can't have the clan Cake and eat it too, that's greedy and destructive to the storyline, which really needs to be sorted out.

Personally I don't much like the Clans, but I respect them a hell of a lot more than the Faux Neutrals who want to have all the advantages of being Neutral and all the benefits of having a side. Sorry but that is not reasonable.

Either be a Neutral and actually stay Neutral, or join a side that fits your Ideology.

What you seem to be doing though is Pigeonholing Omni and the clans into 2 small groups easily summed up when neither really are, and hen trying to expand Neutrals out into everything else, in effect trying to take away the Omni and Clan identities and stealing them for the Neutrals when really they Belong to Omni and the Clans.

And to no one in particular: Sad thing is I used to have respect for the Neutrals, Congratulations for eroding that by destroying everything the Neutral side stood for.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

lol i love how players always talk in circles on this board. FC said neutrals get to fight by letting us get weapons and level to 220. period end of story. just because you cant find that in some timeline or lore does not uncreate that we neutrals fight, have cities, hold towers, pvp, fight in bs etc etc.

i will let the fact that the omni players are calling me a clanner and that the clanners are calling me omni speak for my neutrality. my org and myself have players friends that are alts of both sides, we have allies on both sides, raid with both sides etc etc. i am not favoring either side, except for the fact that omni is more disliked atm cause they happen to be occupying borealis...

as for minimalizing omni and clan, sure i am a speaking in general terms to make a point. i am not however trying to make neutrals fill in all the gaps. if you read my posts in this thread you would see that i am not asking for neut equality with neck items nor trying to make neuts the catch all. i am merely asking for FC to develop us along with omni and clan or eliminate us...make a decision...
    Last edited by Kingsama; Sep 19th, 2009 at 04:42:35.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast