Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 18th, 2009 - A start on Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    If you actually took some time to read my post, you'd see that I suggested neuts'd be able to farm tokens.
    Read the damn post before you start spewing crap out of your month next time, okay?
    you can already farm tokens. all you need is one of those application forms for either ommer or clan.

oh thats right, neuts dont want to be neutral anymore and get all the phats that the sides do. silly me... forgetting such things.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Frau Blücher ?
    *Horses neigh*
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    you can already farm tokens. all you need is one of those application forms for either ommer or clan.

oh thats right, neuts dont want to be neutral anymore and get all the phats that the sides do. silly me... forgetting such things.
    I'm not interested in siding. I just want necks that are better than what we got 2 years ago and is at least as good as what sided people get at tl6, even if I have to grind tokens for it.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Well I'd say ~75% of what 220 sided people use is more fair than 95% of what lvl100 sided people use :P

Seriously, When Means said they were going to fix the gap between sided and neut necks I was happy. I thought maybe now I'll get more health, more AR, more AAD, I won't have to run around with CL expertise and maybe I could actually keep up with sided people in pvp. Having 1600 RS is a bit of a pain. Our current necks are worse than the dread boards, you need to sacrifice stats to use them. The sided xan boards, on the other hand, are an upgrade. No stat is lower than what it was on the 2500 boards.

Make us farm tokens or something but just give us proper necks.

Also, what happened to those tl5 and lower necks you said we'd also get, Means? :P
    Sigh, you see this is the problem. If a poll were made for neutral players as a whole you'd find yourself in a small minority from what I've heard from most Neutrals. If they wanted token grinds and OP items they would have just joined a side to begin with. You are asking for something totally irrational and I don't understand why. I also don't understand why ever single upgrade you get is met with sarcasm and disgust when it is an improvement over previous options.

You've played the game for quite a while, you know the age old promise that kept the masses of sided people from quitting the game and or rerolling neutral once the TL2 cap had been breeched and NW forever changed (for the worse). Sided people will always have to have a benefit that equals that promise and you can't say there is any in the form of gear.

Almost every single armor item in the game save very few for very few professions is usable by all three sides. Ofab fixed the Tier 3 problem (which might have only been useful for certain professions in certain slots but WAS a gap that now no longer exists) AI armor did the same, You have access to all the Dread items, access to all the LoX items. The only thing left really is the token board and token grind, remove that last standing gap and the promise is broken utterly. Neutrals have benefits sided don't, while people cite that they have double the faction grind in SL, they have the choice of taking either sides quests, using either sides garden keys, and so on.

Most Neutrals I have spoken with in game explain that they believe Neutrals are fine. There is a minority within a minority that do not agree, and those are the "PvP devotees" who remain Neutral. Only those few in that tiniest of tiny minorities wants to be like the sided in this way. You may be willing to give up the other benefits (not saying you personally have claimed this but if you read that neutrals swept under the rug topic it is repeated there by the same 3-5 trolls for dozens of pages) in exchange for a better neck item.

However, the rest of your faction overall from my understanding doesn't agree and would not be willing to sacrifice the things that separate Neutrals from the sides (current "benefits/game mechanics differences between") in exchange for this additional expectation to be at par within their own faction let alone the grinds required to do them. Most Neutrals I've talked with feel that one of the things they like about Neutrals is the more "laid back" approach to this game, the lack of needing to do these extra things and have people expect them to have this extra gear and take on extra grinds to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena
    LAWL ... you know how much work it is to get the tokens for those boards while nuets simply do a right click and loot a board? PLEASE!!! What makes you think you should be handed gear that takes sided players a significant amount of effort to get? Seriously, just shut up.

If you want a good board with CL, you know what you have to do to get it ...
    Seriously, stop pretending that there's no easy way. 1750 tokens is what? 112 token gun bags? 350mil or less? While it's true that you need to work for it, it's also true that you have the option of simply buying token guns. Why not give neuts the option of buying some sort of jobe board, with same stats as the 1k omniclan boards, priced at 350mil? Or even 550mil or whatever costs you a 2.5k board?

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Seriously, stop pretending that there's no easy way. 1750 tokens is what? 112 token gun bags? 350mil or less? While it's true that you need to work for it, it's also true that you have the option of simply buying token guns. Why not give neuts the option of buying some sort of jobe board, with same stats as the 1k omniclan boards, priced at 350mil? Or even 550mil or whatever costs you a 2.5k board?
    Have you ever done the token bag grind? You know turning them in? It is far far worse than doing it in RK mishes. I did it once on one character thinking it would be easier or whatever. I was wrong. I wanted to gouge my eyes out and swore never again. I have never since then nor will I ever do that stupid quest as long as I live. If you really want token grinds and token boards. Use the newly added side change forms also coming in the same patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Fixed for you.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Neutrals should be given more reasons to pick a side, not more reasons to stay Neutral.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Neutrals should be given more reasons to pick a side, not more reasons to stay Neutral.
    This ^^

They were, then Neuts complained constantly till Means and crew finally gave in and gave them more reasons to stay Neut. It was stated by FC way back when that they figured no one would stay Neutral but would in time pick a side.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard
    Have you ever done the token bag grind? You know turning them in? It is far far worse than doing it in RK mishes. I did it once on one character thinking it would be easier or whatever. I was wrong. I wanted to gouge my eyes out and swore never again. I have never since then nor will I ever do that stupid quest as long as I live. If you really want token grinds and token boards. Use the newly added side change forms also coming in the same patch.
    Ok, maybe I didn't express myself clearly. I was talking about neuts having the option of turning in token guns to some Jobe NPC. 112 or 159 token gun bags, whatever, for a board similar to your 1k tokenboard. Not "insert creds here" and get a board.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Sigh, you see this is the problem. If a poll were made for neutral players as a whole you'd find yourself in a small minority from what I've heard from most Neutrals. If they wanted token grinds and OP items they would have just joined a side to begin with. You are asking for something totally irrational and I don't understand why. I also don't understand why ever single upgrade you get is met with sarcasm and disgust when it is an improvement over previous options.

You've played the game for quite a while, you know the age old promise that kept the masses of sided people from quitting the game and or rerolling neutral once the TL2 cap had been breeched and NW forever changed (for the worse). Sided people will always have to have a benefit that equals that promise and you can't say there is any in the form of gear.

Almost every single armor item in the game save very few for very few professions is usable by all three sides. Ofab fixed the Tier 3 problem (which might have only been useful for certain professions in certain slots but WAS a gap that now no longer exists) AI armor did the same, You have access to all the Dread items, access to all the LoX items. The only thing left really is the token board and token grind, remove that last standing gap and the promise is broken utterly. Neutrals have benefits sided don't, while people cite that they have double the faction grind in SL, they have the choice of taking either sides quests, using either sides garden keys, and so on.

Most Neutrals I have spoken with in game explain that they believe Neutrals are fine. There is a minority within a minority that do not agree, and those are the "PvP devotees" who remain Neutral. Only those few in that tiniest of tiny minorities wants to be like the sided in this way. You may be willing to give up the other benefits (not saying you personally have claimed this but if you read that neutrals swept under the rug topic it is repeated there by the same 3-5 trolls for dozens of pages) in exchange for a better neck item.

However, the rest of your faction overall from my understanding doesn't agree and would not be willing to sacrifice the things that separate Neutrals from the sides (current "benefits/game mechanics differences between") in exchange for this additional expectation to be at par within their own faction let alone the grinds required to do them. Most Neutrals I've talked with feel that one of the things they like about Neutrals is the more "laid back" approach to this game, the lack of needing to do these extra things and have people expect them to have this extra gear and take on extra grinds to get them.
    Really, most neuts only care about leveling up, having some fun, not really pushing anything. The more "serious" players usually side, meaning most neuts you encounter won't care about a new neck because they don't want or need one, but for people that are actually interested in pvp, having to use the xan boards is a big handicap.

An improvement over the previous options? Compare the sigil to the dreadloch boards. We lose RS, 1k HP/nano, etc, and we gain 40 AAD/AAO. Now compare the dread boards to the xan ones released 2 years later. We get to pick between losing 20 AAD and gaining 20 AAO or the other way around. Basically we need to sacrifice something to get something else while sided players don't, our necks haven't been getting better, just different.

We already lack 200 and 250 towers, we need to rely on public bots to raid (pre-instamonium, anyway), and so on. We're not anywhere near the same level as sided players, there's a big gap in benefits that the "neut advantages" don't make up for.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    Its nice to have events like this actually make it to launcher screen.

Not that I go to parties all the time (would prob go to more if I knew they were happening like many others) but would be nice to have a calender put in to launcher to show events per month so more people who don't read forums would attend. Even some of the smaller events like Pirate Night (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=560870).
    It's my hope that over the next few months we'll be able to start putting a better "information pipeline" of sorts that'll help us more reliably convey upcoming in-game events (and other news bites) to the playerbase. Particularly now that Famine will be working with us in the Oslo office, we'll have a great opportunity to work more closely together and hopefully smooth out the process of sharing information with you guys. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

You need to be in the same office in order to share information and put it in launcher? Cmon

No offense but this kinda put a smile on my face. Its 2009 , you know.

Really, most neuts only care about leveling up, having some fun, not really pushing anything. The more "serious" players usually side, meaning most neuts you encounter won't care about a new neck because they don't want or need one, but for people that are actually interested in pvp, having to use the xan boards is a big handicap.

An improvement over the previous options? Compare the sigil to the dreadloch boards. We lose RS, 1k HP/nano, etc, and we gain 40 AAD/AAO. Now compare the dread boards to the xan ones released 2 years later. We get to pick between losing 20 AAD and gaining 20 AAO or the other way around. Basically we need to sacrifice something to get something else while sided players don't, our necks haven't been getting better, just different.

We already lack 200 and 250 towers, we need to rely on public bots to raid (pre-instamonium, anyway), and so on. We're not anywhere near the same level as sided players, there's a big gap in benefits that the "neut advantages" don't make up for.
    While I want to say something positive to you I can't. So please don't take this as a troll. But this is why they added the new side change forms. You really do not belong on the Neutral side. I understand the concept of "orgs/friends/loyalty to something" but really it isn't sensical. If you genuinely feel that the advantages of being Neutral don't make up for the detriment of missing a few stats on a single item then please tell me why be Neutral at all?

I don't mean to sound rude if this comes off as such but really, there are two PvP oriented factions in the game. If you like the storyline behind what alot of Neutrals have come to believe being Neutral means, then try finding a nice clan to join. Clans are in terms of story principals exactly what Neutrals have tried to claim as their identity in the last few years. I've made a very long series of posts in the last FWM, while some of the wording I chose during it was out of frustration at the two trolls that kept bashing their heads into the keyboard there and not very tactful on my part, the facts expressed are undeniable. There really is a clan for you.
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Sep 18th, 2009 at 23:51:56. Reason: wts forum lag PST

While I want to say something positive to you I can't. So please don't take this as a troll. But this is why they added the new side change forms. You really do not belong on the Neutral side. I understand the concept of "orgs/friends/loyalty to something" but really it isn't sensical. If you genuinely feel that the advantages of being Neutral don't make up for the detriment of missing a few stats on a single item then please tell me why be Neutral at all? I don't mean to sound rude if this comes off as such but really, there are two PvP oriented factions in the game. If you like the storyline behind what alot of Neutrals have come to believe being Neutral means, then try finding a nice clan to join. Clans are in terms of story principals exactly what Neutrals have tried to claim as their identity in the last few years. I've made a very long series of posts in the last FWM, while some of the wording I chose during it was out of frustration at the two trolls that kept bashing their heads into the keyboard there and not very tactful on my part, the facts expressed are undeniable. There really is a clan for you.
    Changing side isn't something I want to consider. I've been in this org since the day I started in the game, I've made lots of friends and I can't just move to a different org and start everything from scratch or put up with some sided org's drama. :P
    Eseb

Changing side isn't something I want to consider. I've been in this org since the day I started in the game, I've made lots of friends and I can't just move to a different org and start everything from scratch or put up with some sided org's drama. :P
    Then please understand that you have chosen your bed and must lie in it if you refuse to get up out of it and find a more suitable one. What you are asking is for a change championed by a tiny almost marginal minority of a faction to effect the majority of a faction which does not agree and is not interested in the change? That is very selfish.

Again, I don't say this out to sound like I am trolling you. It isn't my intent. But perhaps convince your entire org to change to Clans with the coming patches would be the best alternative if they are like minded as you and support such a change to Neutrals as it is. It isn't an issue of "Well my main is 220 and stuck on Neutral side now".

It is possible for your entire org to swap rather easily. I understand the fact that if you have an org city you will have to rebuild it. But just think of the trade offs? You will have PvP support, PvM support, raidbots, more better equipment, etc. While I know it isn't something you "want" to entertain as an idea. I know that the suggestions you make toward making Neutrals more akin to sides/removing the gap/etc, I personally will fight tooth and nail to prevent along with many others.

Sounds to me like a Neutral Org President should be able to switch the org to a different side if they want, any Org members who don't want to change side get kicked, any that do want to stay with the org have a side change.

In some cases I think FC should actually step in and force some orgs to change sides if they're acting too far outside neutral Parameters. I's not Neutrals that define what it means to be Neutral after all.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Sep 19th, 2009 at 00:10:01.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Sounds to me like a Neutral Org President should be able to switch the org to a different side if they want, any Org members who don't want to change side get kicked, any that do want to stay with the org have a side change.

In some cases I think FC should actually step in and force some orgs to change sides if they're acting too far outside neutral Parameters. I's not Neutrals that define what it means to be Neutral after all.
    Erm who said anything about being president? :P

And most neut orgs have a side preference anyway, you want FC to force like 80% of neuts to side? :P

Then please understand that you have chosen your bed and must lie in it if you refuse to get up out of it and find a more suitable one. What you are asking is for a change championed by a tiny almost marginal minority of a faction to effect the majority of a faction which does not agree and is not interested in the change? That is very selfish.

Again, I don't say this out to sound like I am trolling you. It isn't my intent. But perhaps convince your entire org to change to Clans with the coming patches would be the best alternative if they are like minded as you and support such a change to Neutrals as it is. It isn't an issue of "Well my main is 220 and stuck on Neutral side now".

It is possible for your entire org to swap rather easily. I understand the fact that if you have an org city you will have to rebuild it. But just think of the trade offs? You will have PvP support, PvM support, raidbots, more better equipment, etc. While I know it isn't something you "want" to entertain as an idea. I know that the suggestions you make toward making Neutrals more akin to sides/removing the gap/etc, I personally will fight tooth and nail to prevent along with many others.
    You could also say it's selfish for the people that aren't interested in new necks to claim they're not wanted ;P

Oh and I'm sure that about all my my orgmates are happy being neut, nobody wants to side, especially not just for boards. Like I already said, most neuts aren't interested in PvP or siding just for a better neck item. And when it comes to support, we're all treated like omnis anyway. We get to raid on all the omni bots and we're welcome to help with towers at any time. Really apart from me there's only one other person I can think of from my org that's dying for proper necks and neither of us are interested in siding.
    Eseb

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This will be the same update as the adjustments to run-speed which should hopefully restore Fixers to the masters of speed that they were always meant to be...but has slowly eroded over time with the addition of run-speed accross all professions.
    If it's done by slowing down every other profession in general, then make sure you don't forget to also adjust encounters where high effective runspeed is currently a must, like the Dust Brigade Outpost where even 1.9-2k runspeed is just barely enough to get in time from pad to pad for the protection buff.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast