Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Apology to Artyomis

Can't say why this gets under my skin so much. Fear not though i'm going to wash my hands of it.

I agree with you that changing the policy is a good thing. Posting that change to the player base, not so good.

My hope was to draw attention away from what people do in real life, how much wealth they have in game, whether or not Means is a cool guy, whether or not Artyomis is a cool guy, and get it back to the real problem.

At least your post addresses what i'm talking about. Instead of talking about how many credits this guy has and how Funcom is a neato company.

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    I think it was Adam West's Batman who said it best when he said, "poor, misguided youth."
    So not to start engaging in personal attacks i'm going to take this as a compliment. I would rather be misguided as opposed to being guided around by the nose. I respected your opinion and politely said that I disagree. No worries though... I am not expecting the same treatment.

Thanks everyone for reading my rants. I shall take my misguidedness elsewhere. Take care.
    Last edited by Roswell; Sep 23rd, 2009 at 22:55:21. Reason: Peace
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

this thread deserves a deletion, like some (prolly infuriated) reactions that were deleted here and there, no matter what (so-called) rumours said or not ...

cause in the end those "apologies" makes no sense :
    wether you play total transparency and fully display the case (level, prof, breed, skill state, worn items, GM's opinion, dev's opinion, opened debate) so everyone can see/agree the truth.
    wether you keep it private. totally. 100%. as ros explained pretty well.

the way things got semi-official, partly private, totally blindly, obviously specific to a certain player made it even more su****ious and called more questions than it resolved. it's also completely denial of player-side (clan, here ...) expertise that allows people to estimate an opponent gear, wich is an experience most longly acquire.

from me there's no hate here : i clearly unlike the way lotta cities have been hold (did means also do apology for city instancing ? he should !!), rest is just faction, war challenging and a bit of RP, somehow.

neways now that this is done, enough tong-wearing winkz0r : i hope the game will go forward cause it worth more than anyone's reputation.

ps : idea ; to prevent any su****ion simply make the inspect function NON-disable ... at least even the sploited twinks can't wear better gear than legits ones (aka = only little skill gain will benefit sploiters).
    Last edited by bitnykk; Sep 24th, 2009 at 14:07:44. Reason: idea
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    My hope was to draw attention away from what people do in real life, how much wealth they have in game, whether or not Means is a cool guy, whether or not Artyomis is a cool guy, and get it back to the real problem.
    I think Artyomis is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    I think Artyomis is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
    I lol'ed :P
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    I think Artyomis is a pretty cool guy. eh buys citeis and doesnt afraid of anything.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Talking

Plz Means, Is The "Arty Apology" T-Shirts will be available in the next data update?

How about the "A teenage forum mod erased my post from the arty ass kissing thread and all I got was this stinkin' T'shirt" t-shirt?

Thumbs up

^
    |
    |
    |.bump for it!and with this "kissing @ss" i think im gonna gonna cancel my 2 accounts.
    Last edited by evileye; Sep 24th, 2009 at 20:00:36.

Quote Originally Posted by evileye View Post
    ^
    |
    |
    |.bump for it!and with this "kissing @ss" i think im gonna gonna cancel my 2 accounts.
    bye
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I sincerely hope we see more of Artyomis and players like him in the future.
    well he had paid 6+ accounts so if every second player in AO would be like Arty, the profits from AO would skyrocket

Arty: sell them credz and buy Funcom for IRL $$$
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Bumping this past the necro
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Funcom employee

Reasonably I think this has gone on long enough. Had I been aware of the nature of this thread earlier I would have closed it already.

The purpose of this thread was to clarify that some of the actions of CS had been done in error. Should a mistake of this magnitude ever happen again then it is likely that I will apologize again. The individual in question here was not in any way a factor in the decision to pursue a clear and open resolution of this matter. I was only familiar with the facts of the case at the time and that was more than enough to warrant a clear response. ALL of us on the team understood exactly what it would mean to suffer this kind of punishment and subsequent in-game reaction while being innocent of the crime. While a private apology to the player was enough for the player in question it was not enough for ME to be comfortable with what had happened.

I am comfortable now knowing that everything that could be done was done. The GMs are more comfortable now pursuing this kind of issue as they now know that they will get better support from the development team. With the subsequent change in policy I am comfortable that this particular issue should reasonably never happen again. Anyone out there with extreme twinks now knows that this issue will not "randomly" happen to them.

Anything beyond these simple facts is pure speculation and conspiracy theory not worthy of a response.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789