Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apology to Artyomis

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    His wealth and property does more than you think to hurt the economy. You just don't see it because for us, it's the status quo.
    i see it fully. i was just saying he could've done MORE damage if he got mad about this thing. it was wise of FC to apologize.
    i just dont know why FC would willingly allow people like him to disrupt and interfere with the game economy

countless people get wronged by gms. you guys really think they apologized especially to artyomis out of random kindness?
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Sep 18th, 2009 at 19:23:23.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Never thought I'd see this, huge props.

Not just an apology, but also changing the process to make sure it never happens again.

I can't help wishing Means was GD when my reputation was trashed by FC, but it's better late than never to see this level of customer service, and gives me a bucket of optimism for the future of AO. Things really can change ^^

/bow
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    countless people get wronged by gms. you guys really think they apologized especially to artyomis out of random kindness?
    Agreed
    And it was also rather strange, arty selling all his in game items, someone mentioned on the thread all the money from the items alone could fetch over 1000 dollars, this would be food for the cred spammers indeed.
    Last edited by SixCharacters; Sep 18th, 2009 at 20:13:46.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCharacters View Post
    Agreed
    And it was also rather strange, arty selling all his in game items, someone mentioned on the thread all the money from the items alone could fetch over 1000 dollars, this would be food for the cred spammers indeed.
    I'd say a lot more than that judging by the cred spammers saying they sell about 1b for $60 or so, last time i checked he had 129B of stuff

x
    ____

:|
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    I'd say a lot more than that judging by the cred spammers saying they sell about 1b for $60 or so, last time i checked he had 129B of stuff

x
    ____

:|
    I would imagine cred spammers wouldn't buy it at the price they're selling you know
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

give Arty a Blackmanes stat buffer on all his toons as an apology? and make re-equipting himself much easier...

Good point, but if FC really wanted to diminish/remove the impact of his possessions and wealth on the RK2 economy, they could just take possession of his accounts (which are really FC's accounts) and delete everything.

Instead, they are letting him sell his stuff ingame and do whatever with the creds. I anticipate there will be some Chinese guys eating an extra bowl of rice somewhere.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I would imagine cred spammers wouldn't buy it at the price they're selling you know
    I wouldn't go through cred sellers if i had 129b, hell they probably couldn't afford to buy it all
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Instead, they are letting him sell his stuff ingame and do whatever with the creds. I anticipate there will be some Chinese guys eating an extra bowl of rice somewhere.
    rice???!! hong man choi is getting some KFC TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."

Good point, but if FC really wanted to diminish/remove the impact of his possessions and wealth on the RK2 economy, they could just take possession of his accounts (which are really FC's accounts) and delete everything.

Its not that they are being generous here. If the player is paid up, and didn't violate the TOS, then there would be no basis for FC to delete his stuff. He's a paid player until his account time runs out.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

rice???!! hong man choi is getting some KFC TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go play CS already!

-------
    Kimbeam, anamolly, ninaperson.

pyow.

-------

And you know how good that would look

Instead, they are letting him sell his stuff ingame and do whatever with the creds.
    OMG, someone has gathered a lot of virtual wealth, put him in the dungeon and throw away the key!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    OMG, someone has gathered a lot of virtual wealth, put him in the dungeon and throw away the key!
    yeah he only played a major part in destroying game economy and making good items only affordable for the uber rich, give him a break

Yeap, Means is a great game director, no question about that. Now we just need a SOMEWHAT intelligent Customer Support Manager/Team and I might be able to play this game again.

Hmm so that is why arty is giving up.. I gues i have a signature line that fit the occasion stop partying ........

And i have to say that was a huge shift in policy Colin. I gues it is the player background in you guys that decided to come clean here

I hope you guys keep on the track on beeing as open as possible. Because i think it benefit all sides.
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Agreed
    That was early in the for sale thread, no idea what it is at right now.

If he sold all his credits/items he could fetch $65,000 USD or so at $70/bill, but it would be totally impossible to move that amount of credits without being noticed.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    That was early in the for sale thread, no idea what it is at right now.

If he sold all his credits/items he could fetch $65,000 USD or so at $70/bill, but it would be totally impossible to move that amount of credits without being noticed.
    what possible reason does a person that is quitting have to liquidate all their assets into credits other than this? And what other reason was there to acquire that much in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Whats the point in that, when you can just sell the Guild, which also comes along with the guilds bank.

Obviously a much safer and effective route, but that requires thinking! :gasp:
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Jeez guys, you're pathetic. First you call him a sploiter, then when that's proven wrong, you call him a cred seller.

Everyone who leaves game sells it's stuff, so when they come back, they still are rich and don't sit on a bag of worthless old devaluated items.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast