Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apology to Artyomis

You gotta admit, when CS thinks you're cheating then you know you got one hell of a bad ass build
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by -Barg- View Post
    I agree, that's why they should spend time fixing the exploits,
    Afaik all the exploits that have been used in the past to equip impossible gear on toons, have all been fixed atm.
    But the damage those exploits/bugs did, wont be un-done until all the people with impossible gear equiped is stripped & dealt with. Don't you agree?

Also two thumbs up for Means, it takes alot to admit when you're wrong.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

That's still how things go, QC can and will check over exploit reports for twinking, but before an item is stripped a dev will check over it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Qualinas View Post
    Afaik all the exploits that have been used in the past to equip impossible gear on toons, have all been fixed atm.
    That you know of, surely you don't believe you know every exploit that exists in the code and even ones that haven't been used by anyone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Qualinas View Post
    But the damage those exploits/bugs did, wont be un-done until all the people with impossible gear equiped is stripped & dealt with. Don't you agree?
    I agree people with impossible gear should be stripped. How to find them is the question.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

GG FC. It's unfortunate that GM's aren't more capable. Even if they were sploited toons, the GM should have just frozen the account until it was investigated, not stripping toons. TBH, things like this are very scary to me, to think there are GM's that know less than I do with the powers they have to make stuff happen.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

and I thought that FunCom's GM forcing people to strip were found only on AoC during heavy cyb0ring
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

1) Good job FC and Means. I salute you and you effort to make things right. Takes a big man/ company to do so.

2) Artyomis. Just dont leave. Stay. Period! Please..
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

This, of course, has nothing to do with Artyomis being the richest guy on RK2, holding a ton of cities and the added wealth of about a hundred normal players. I'm sure Means is going to make public excuses to everyone that have been wrongly treated by GMs, including the people that got trained / insulted / flagged, then suspended for trying pande on their own, just beacuse the sided raidleaders were friends with some of the GMs.

I have nothing against Artyomis, but I don't think we need more people like that in the game, otherwise all cities on the map would belong to 3-4 players and the rest of the playerbase could go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    This, of course, has nothing to do with Artyomis being the richest guy on RK2, holding a ton of cities and the added wealth of about a hundred normal players.
    Wait...wait.. Are you seriously suggesting that the fact that Artyomis is worth a bajillion virtual credits (in a game that Means is the Game Director of) that he is somehow leveraging that to buy Means' support? Seriously?

Please tell me that I'm reading that wrong or that this is some form of RP that just went right over my head.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    This, of course, has nothing to do with Artyomis being the richest guy on RK2, holding a ton of cities and the added wealth of about a hundred normal players. I'm sure Means is going to make public excuses to everyone that have been wrongly treated by GMs [..snip..]
    I doubt that is the reason this apology was made, to be honest, I would say it's more likely FC would want to see those cities distributed over the RK2 playerbase rather than held in one person's hands. Although it is not a nice way at all to do it, making Arty quit would accomplish that goal at least partially.

So I think we can safely say Arty got this apology because he deserved it. Not because he is rich or whatever.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Poufpaf is just bitter because Arty didn't give him a city when he asked him nicely.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by -Barg- View Post
    I agree people with impossible gear should be stripped. How to find them is the question.
    Should be perma-banned.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Should be perma-banned.
    Depends on the sploit, it could be something that someone didnt even think of being a sploit.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    This is great. This is a perfect example for *everyone* at how to deal with something like this, after the error has happened, and it really makes me feel a lot better about the AO team. It's a shining light in the dark.
    This..

Hat's off...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

A GD personally apologising to a single member of the playerbase because of a company mistake?

-has heart attack-

This surely is a first in MMO history? Someone screencap this ****!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

It makes no difference who owns the cities, the loot, all that.

What matters is that someone was unjustly stripped, resulting in a serious blow to his pride and his percieved ability to twink.

An apology was made, obviously a bit late, albeit heartfelt.

my 2cents is: Please don't go arty: while you're the biggest pain in the ass, who else will we fight against?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Don't think you will see more of Arty since he's now quitting..
    Artyomis let me know he was intending to take an extended break from AO. If he ever decides to rejoin I felt it was important that there shouldn't be any left-over misunderstandings over this issue.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

ok happy end here.
    an he gets more happy with 30 day free to play.
    but there is no one happy
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=559326
    take the 5 minutes to give us a answer.

Well theres a turn up for the books. Nice one Means.
    Surprised though Arty hasn't been in here.

oh an what happened to the G.M.?
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast