Thread: Opi enfo

Opi enfo

I have Mijjetenfo, a 220/24 Atrox enfo, well equipped and not a gimp by any stretch of the imagination, his alphas are in a bag awaiting the day I decide to go to the trouble. But I'm working on an opifex enfo that I plan to stop at tl5 for a bit. I'm going to do my token grind at 150 so I have a bit of an option of breaking up the monotony with BS, and S10- then I'll level to 170ish for BS. My question is, what level CM y'all think is doable at level 150 on an opi? And are there any changes y'all might make to a TL5 twink if he was opi instead of trox? I know its different from the norm, but I figured I'd try it, and so far its working nicely. Thanks for your help.

Mijjetenfo/Theoverseer/Mijj (RK1)

Just use a set of 225, anything higher isn't really worth bothering with, and the 225 will be perfectly fine when you go to 170 for BS.

aye that's what I'd thought as well, but I wanted opinions. Also- any changes to a generic 170 twink enfo because he's going to be Opi?

opiblind+nr1+incomp= win

all enfs are sorta equal in terms of twinking at tl5.

Your literally only trading some twinks for others of equal value. The upside is that there are way fewer sense buffs than there are for the others. So literally, it almost feels like cheating when an opi does it. XD

But I love outside of the box enfs. I want my nanomage piercing enf for s10 definitely. But I have been considering heavy going opi. That being said, Dagget has Spamhate, the only serious NM melee energy enf Ive seen. It is a nice lil project, and he certainly seems to love it.

225 CM, like they say. It works.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    haha bubba nice sig - that guys an idiot :P
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    all enfs are sorta equal in terms of twinking at tl5.
    Not if you want 2s HD.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Not if you want 2s HD.
    Hence why I said, sorta.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Atrox is the way to go. As clan atrox you can use ql 275 ofab at tl5. As omni you can push ql 300 with some effort. Atrox has more evades (wit), AR (pew pew), HP (good), enough IP for everything, has easier time with twinking (silken gloves, some fancy sta/str based items like flapper or bellum - good luck with bellum as lvl 150 non atrox enf), can have 2s HD.

The cost you have to pay for that is:
    - lower nano pool, but in general enf fights dont last to long, except vs docs, if you cant kill your target fast youll most likely fail vs AS spam,
    - lower nano cost cap, that you wont reach self buffed in a pvp setup anyway,

There is pretty much no way to use NR1 as an enf. Sacrifices in ip are to big for effort it provides (it takes only some nano, any half decent character will have enough skills to cast their stuff anyway when drained). The question is if it is possible to have nr1 and still cast your stuff if someone drains you.

About armor: if you take a closer look at arm symbiants youll see that they suck badly for lvl 150 enfs due to low ql. Atrox can live without them, using some nice implants without STR inside. Opi/nm/soli most likely cant because their mercs will be OE or needs to be of lower ql. About armor qls, well if you say that there is no difference between +23 and +27 one i may say that there is no difference between combined armor and a med suit. Those 21 points of AR that come from better ql of merc may be the difference between perking someone and not perking. Bear in mind that lovechilds (advys) for example got even better evades than they had before with Spetses dropping his +60 scimitars like candys. You need something to at last try to counter their recent evade gains.

Weapons, well there is a reason that every single serious pvp enf at that level uses 1he. When LoX was about to come i had a dream of 1hb / 1he combo with Abandonment and SoW offhand but as usual FC went with carebear way and there is no way to get this fu.... weapon upgrade. It would be amazing to try. Who knows, maybe one day ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Yes, I know that Atrox is "the way to go" but I have this been there done that feeling about it, so I rolled an opi . I don't know how it'll turn out, but I'm definitely going to try. I do sincerely appreciate all feedback though, folks Thanks.

Definitely going 1he, seems SoW/Chirop is the way to go... but I wonder if y'all have opinions on that? I honestly dislike the mixed Damage types, and unless I'm going to cap SA and crit every hit SoW seems slow... (obviously haven't tried it though, and that's why I'm asking)

I'm partial to duel wield for AI axes but everyone keeps telling me it's a bad idea, though the only followup to why is 'big SA' on SoW. TBH, I haven't really seen alot of high SA's with it on my TL5 enfo, unless i'm biased.

I think 1HB is the way to go for weaponry, but only if you can get a blood bat. Citystar has one and he did it. You get alot more AR using 1HB, unless you have iGoC's which I doubt you do.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 16th, 2009 at 13:21:14.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Mijjet View Post
    Definitely going 1he, seems SoW/Chirop is the way to go... but I wonder if y'all have opinions on that? I honestly dislike the mixed Damage types, and unless I'm going to cap SA and crit every hit SoW seems slow... (obviously haven't tried it though, and that's why I'm asking)
    You can use this and this at TL5 to make damage types the same. Only downside is that you'll only have matching damage types for 30 seconds out of every minutes.
    Last edited by Wakizaka; Sep 16th, 2009 at 15:55:56.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You get alot more AR using 1HB, unless you have iGoC's which I doubt you do.
    Alot? How much exactly? Maybe ... 36? It isnt alot and if you want more weapon AR you can use silken gloves and ofab sleeves for even more 1he. And you exchange weapon with:
    Damage: 100-600(600)
    Speed:Attack 2.00s Recharge 2.00s
    Max beneficial skill: 2000

for:
    Damage: 40-540(225)
    Speed:Attack 2.75s Recharge 2.15s
    Max beneficial skill: 1200

Its not exactly worth it unless you go with HD/HP/crit setup and pawn other enforcers due to matched dmg type.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Sep 16th, 2009 at 16:23:39.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Alot? How much exactly? Maybe ... 36? It isnt alot and if you want more weapon AR you can use silken gloves and ofab sleeves for even more 1he.
    Alot, well

14 for beginner nano (it stacks with regular buff)
    if you put on a reasonable QL T3 shoulderpads, you get +20 for each (I'm assuming most people won't have iGoC's here until they become more affordable at least. )

That's 54. Is it insignificant? I don't think so. Yes you can wear silkens, but say you get CM/CC for +23-25, choppers only give you 15 more and OFAB, just a few IIRC, whereas You get +54 1HB for almost free and can still wear your prefered armor with 1HB. To me, that's meaningful when you get free AR without compromising your other parts of setup. CM is just full of win for towers, CC for BS. Having to discard parts of it for a few extra AR isn't appealing to me.

As for the weapon exchange, almost irrelevant IMO. The only interesting thing from the offhand weapon, SoW or BB, is the SA. As a regular PVP weapon, they both suck.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 16th, 2009 at 16:56:15.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    About armor qls, well if you say that there is no difference between +23 and +27 one i may say that there is no difference between combined armor and a med suit.
    I'm pretty much a perfectionist on all my twinks, but that is a stupid thing to say.

If you just want to use him for s10 and do a bit of BS, just slap on a 225 set. Noone will know, and the difference in AR is pretty much negligible.