Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: Trouble in Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance: Trouble in Borealis

Trouble in Borealis
    September 16, 29483 - Miss Lucetta Phoenix [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Third Faction is often considered a strong fighting force for neutral rights. So what are they doing knocking out a Newland minister?

It was a normal busy day in the hustle and bustle of Borealis. People running and flying past, fights on the streets and shuttles supplying stock to the successful stores. However, something caught my eye.

Newland's minister of security, General "Agrestus" Wright, was talking using his comm unit around the back of the presumably inactive white juggernaut near the whompahs. He appeared to be distressed, which was what caught my eye. It was not long after that two members of Third Faction, one of which a bulky atrox, approached him. To my confusion, the Admiral of Third Faction herself struck Mr Wright, knocking him out from behind. With the assistance of the atrox the Admiral then proceeded to carry the minister through Borealis and into the grid, and he hasn't been seen since.

This rang alarm bells in my head, so as soon as I could I contacted Admiral Tamara "Lasliana" McCovery for her explanation on what had happened.

Lucetta: Several people in Borealis witnessed Mr Wright, a Newland minister, being carried to the grid. Can you explain why Third Faction attacked the minister?
    Lasliana: We did not attack the minister.
    Lucetta: Then, what happened to him? And why?
    Lasliana: He was subdued and taken to a safe and secure location.
    Lasliana: The minister was being lent on to give intelligence to what sounded like someone from Omni-Tek. Information regarding the Newland City Council and Third Faction.
    Lucetta: Omni-Tek? How do you know this?
    Lasliana: I received messages from one of their agents in the hope that I would concede to their demands.
    Lucetta: What demands? And do you know what agent?
    Lasliana: I first found out what was about to happen thanks to one of my junior officers, Ursen. He overheard the Minister speaking into his comm, and alerted me to the possible breach in information secrecy. Demands that unless we answered their questions they would do something to someone.
    Lucetta: I see.. So Mr Wright didn't want that person to get hurt, so he tried to give information?
    Lasliana: Indeed, he was put under pressure to do so.
    Lucetta: Do you have any guess as to who was the prisoner?
    Lasliana: Yes, but for their safety I will not reveal their identity.
    Lucetta: I see.
    Lasliana: The correct people have been informed as far as I am aware, of who this prisoner is and their possible whereabouts.
    Lucetta: So you and "Ursen" proceeded to prevent the minister from revealing any information?
    Lasliana: Yes. As a member of Third Faction he is under my command and subject to our internal rules and regulations. We attempted to reason with him before resorting to knocking him unconscious and taking him to a safe and secure location.
    Lucetta: Ah, well that explains that unusual sight.
    Lucetta: Thank you for clearing this up.
    Lucetta: Do you have anything additional to add?
    Lasliana: General Agrestus is on indefinite leave and house arrest, people will not be able to contact him without first going through me, until such a time as he is able to resume his duties without being pressured by Omni-Tek to give away classified information.
    Lasliana: I would like to see this come to an end swiftly and ask for those who know about this prisoner to free her immediately so I do not have to keep him longer from his duties as a General.
    Lucetta: Does that mean he is unable to perform his duties as a minister also?
    Lasliana: No, whilst he may be under house arrest and unable to communicate with people, I have set aside time where he will be monitored and be able to fulfil his role as Minister of Security in Newland. The majority of this work is paperwork, which he will be able to catch up on in his present state.
    Lucetta: Ok, thank you for your time.
    Lasliana: No problem.

Interesting. If this is true, it appears that someone in the corporation has someone captive that is important enough for the minister to risk sensitive information just to keep safe.

If this is the truth, what do you think has happened to the prisoner, and who is it? Has the corporation really captured someone close to Agrestus? Was any information leaked? I'll let the readers discuss this.

So let me get this straight...

A 'Free' Citizen who is part of the Neutral government was doing something the Third faction didn't approve of, and has been placed under house arrest for it?

Sounds to me like Third Faction Are trying to Dictate what Neutral Citizens are allowed to say and do, are they trying to become Dictators over a new faction, perhaps turn the Neutral Side to an Authoritarian or even totalitarian State.

The only thing known for certain is that the Third Faction attacked and kidnapped a Newland Minister because they didn't agree with what the minister was doing. When an individuals freedoms are suppressed in this manner, who knows what this so called Third Faction will get up to next.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Lasliana: Yes. As a member of Third Faction he is under my command and subject to our internal rules and regulations. We attempted to reason with him before resorting to knocking him unconscious and taking him to a safe and secure location.

I'd like to point this out.

the minster is also a member of Third Faction.. and as a Ex member of this group and also having a family member with in their ranks I can say that the minster knows that his actions would bring this kind of discipline upon him.

I am quite sure that the Admiral would not take these actions with a normal free citizen.
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

Ah, I see, so the organisation he works with is more important than all the other people he's supposed to represent then?

If that's the case he shouldn't be a Newland Minister and is abusing his position for personal gain.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

and maybe Omni should stop taking hostages and holding them ransom to get information from our citizens
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderw View Post
    and maybe Omni should stop taking hostages and holding them ransom to get information from our citizens
    There is no evidence of that, only unfounded rumours started by those in the Third faction. Seem to me they're trying to cover their own tails by spreading those rumours.

Third faction tries to blame Omni-Tek whenever they can. I would be more conserned about all the information he has leaked to his little clanner.
    After all, she is a supporter of mr. Silverstone, and we all know what he thinks of neutrals
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Agrestus Wright is first and foremost a General in Third Faction, yes he works as security minister for Newland City Council. Third Faction supports him and aids him in that. But as a member he is still subject to our rules and regulations no matter what.
    At any point he could have resigned his commission with us and left, and we would be able to do nothing. Note he has not done so.
    I will repeat again.

This was so that classified information regarding Third Faction and the Newland City Council was not leaked to Omni-Tek.

As for unfounded accusations against Omni-Tek of taking hostages, they are not unfounded, please try contacting her.
    As for the clanner in question supposedly feeding information to Silverstone. I know this has not happened. She is a stalwart and trusted ally who in the past has helped us far more than any Omni-Tek employee.

Third Faction works for the betterment and protection of all neutrals.
    Our objective has and always will be this: To unify, educate, and assist our fellow Neutrals however we can. To call them to arms, and to Clear the Neutral lands of all Omni and Clans invaders.

Maybe you dont like neutrals carrying weapons and looking out for each other, tough becasue we do and that will not change.

If you dont like it please send me a personal message, and i will be sure to "file" it away appropriately.

Admiral Tamara "Lasliana" McCovery, Third Faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    To call them to arms, and to Clear the Neutral lands of all Omni and Clans invaders.
    That there Makes you a clanner yourself, you are no different from them, so you really should stop hiding behind your so called 'Neutrality' and stop interfearing in Neutral affairs.

Well, looks like a whole mess has been stirred up in my absence.

To clear up a few things:
    I was indeed held for a week and a half against my will by Omni-Internops, because of an investigation I won't disclose any details about at this time.
    I have openly voiced my strong disagreement with Simon Silverstone's views when it was declared that Whisper's Edge would become affiliated with the Sentinels. I still refuse to take part in WE's Council activities in terms of representing anyone else but myself, except in emergency cases. I am personally highly supportive of the neutral cause, I doubt I would live with one of them if I wasn't.

All I want right now is for Agrestus to return home so we can get our lives back on track again. I was fortunate enough to be released without an armed intervention and I'm just overall very exhausted after my time in captivity.
    Last edited by Mirura; Sep 18th, 2009 at 01:10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    That there Makes you a clanner yourself, you are no different from them, so you really should stop hiding behind your so called 'Neutrality' and stop interfearing in Neutral affairs.
    You forget that the neutrals have no one to protect them, we are easy targets for anyone who cares, such as criminal groups. Third Faction aims to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
    Neutrals are a group of people who on a majority do not care for your war, but want to be left alone to lead our lives peacfully on the most part. Having Omni or Clan interfering puts us in the line of fire from the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    You forget that the neutrals have no one to protect them, we are easy targets for anyone who cares, such as criminal groups. Third Faction aims to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
    Neutrals are a group of people who on a majority do not care for your war, but want to be left alone to lead our lives peacfully on the most part. Having Omni or Clan interfering puts us in the line of fire from the other side.
    Again, you're wrong, that's what the ICC is for, they protect Neutrals when there is reason to do so, the so called Third Faction Clan does not need to do so itself. If Omni or Clan citizens are interfering in Neutral affairs, bring the matter to the ICC instead of taking matters into your own hands and destroying your Neutrality.

If you want to be Neutral and not involved in the conflict then stay out of the conflict, but don't try and pretend you're Neutral when you're anything but.

It was my belief that the ICC will defend innocent and/or lawful citizens where applicable. Mirura is sadly not either of the aforementioned. However, she was deemed worthy of release due to her cooperation and aid with enquiries which were made. The subject of the information disclosed will naturally remain confidential.
    Last edited by Encyros; Sep 18th, 2009 at 23:00:10.

Again, you're wrong, that's what the ICC is for, they protect Neutrals when there is reason to do so, the so called Third Faction Clan does not need to do so itself. If Omni or Clan citizens are interfering in Neutral affairs, bring the matter to the ICC instead of taking matters into your own hands and destroying your Neutrality.

If you want to be Neutral and not involved in the conflict then stay out of the conflict, but don't try and pretend you're Neutral when you're anything but.
    so why hasnt the ICC removed the omni military presence from Bor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    so why hasnt the ICC removed the omni military presence from Bor?
    Think I already explained that in the post of mine you quoted, to reiterate however 'they protect Neutrals when there is reason to do so'.

Think I already explained that in the post of mine you quoted, to reiterate however 'they protect Neutrals when there is reason to do so'.
    so its because neutrals dont meet your contrived definition of what you think they should be. thanks for the answer...

so its because neutrals dont meet your contrived definition of what you think they should be. thanks for the answer...
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If the ICC is not interfering with the situation in Borealis, then there's no reason for them do interfere with the situation in Borealis. I fail to see what that has to do with my opinions about Neutrals.

Borealis was ruled by a council of independent merchants, who realized their very existence, and profit, relied on clinging to that very neutrality.

Seems to me that Neutrals stopped clinging to their Neutrality and Omni moved in with ICC approval. I wouldn't be surprised if Omni or Clan take over Newland next without any argument from the ICC.

The ICC is interfering with the neutrals in Borealis. They gave us permission to help you neutrals protecting the big dish from the alien.
    The Red Brotherhood

So the Neutrals arent agreeing with themselfs? There is no agreement between ICC and Third Faction?

Does that mean that Third Faction wants to as posted above, create an independant faction appart from ICC regulations and protection? To me that sounds very politically incorrect. Almost as far as a coup?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast