Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Novice last title?

Is Novice last title?

anyone know

Me and garv have slain many after getting novice and have yet to get another title

When you reach Novice, you need to kill other novices to progress in title, other titles dont count.
    NT phone HOME!!

I believe it probably goes all the way to ace.

I have also believed Ace to be highest, and Garzu's theory seems logical, and he's usually right

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Oh damn

Does this mean you actually have to compete against people who most likely have a chance fighting back? Damn!

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 3 and 120

lalalallala

You can kill anyone to gain a title.

lalalalalalalla

yeah you can kill anyone to progress... just not as fast.. if there is one past novice What is it?? and show me some proof dont just say "veteran"

I haven't seen any proof, I e-mailed support@ and asked, and they told me "I guess you will just have to find that out yourself "...

So I can't make you any wiser... I've heard both Skilled and veteran mentioned, but who knows...

By thinking about the meaning of Novice, it should be obvious that there isn't just one, but several more titles to get. All first titles, Freshman Rookie Apprentice and Novice points on someone that is quite new and unexperienced. I'd assume we have several titles down the line.

I *assume* that the titles are the same as NPC's

I heard from an aprentice you need about 200 yellow freshman kills to get from rookie to aprentice. Can anyone validate or invalidate this information?

Yes It would take a long time to get aprentice killing untitled greys.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

PVp title

I dont know where it falls in, but i know an uber twink with prince title

I killed an untitled grey for my Apprentice.
    :P

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    I killed an untitled grey for my Apprentice.
    :P
    [/QUOTEnice

nice for u...)) u r the best pvper)))

try 2 play quake..))

I had the chance to goto WCG for UT I'll have you know

Yeah I remember, WCG was the tournament for all the semi-goods that didn't fit into CPL WC

*cough* There's never been a CPL event for UT

There are almost certainly titles after Novice.

Except, Funcom has created a nonsensical PVP system which makes it virtually impossible to get them.

The way it seems to work is, you're an Apprentice, say, and you fight a person with no title. You gain 1 point, say. Now you fight another person with no title and you lose. You lose 10 points.

So you have to get like 10 kills for every death yourself just to keep from losing ground.

This is why it becomes almost impossible to progress up the pvp ranks after a certain point.

This sort of system works fine in chess, because in chess the better players really are that much better than a beginner, and could beat beginners 100% of the time. Also, the higher ranked chess players will only play against those of their own rank, so they don't have to worry about losing huge numbers of points per loss.

In AO PVP, though, you have to fight whoever is there, and this person will almost always be of a lower rank if yours is high. Plus, you are not 10 times better than someone with a lower rank. If they're a soldier with total mirror shield and the best equipped weapons who can slam you with a huge flingshot/burst/full auto combo, it doesn't matter if they're got no rank, they're still going to do quite well against you.

so no one actually knows? haha

Originally posted by Gunandahalf
    so no one actually knows? haha
    Heh, only thing I ever got out of GM was "You need to get title Ace before you will be titled Real Mean". Asked if Real Mean was the highest PvP title, and reply was "That would seem logical, wouldn't it? "

He also claimed it was possible to find a list over all PvP titles somewhere on the web, but he didn't have a url at hand.

Originally posted by starknaked
    So you have to get like 10 kills for every death yourself just to keep from losing ground.
    That would be correct if you are a lameass only PvPing non-titled greys. Which means you probably never would lose a fight, but also never gain much.

It is also this system that makes a Rookie killing an Novice instant Apprentice. Thus, you will have to fight people your own level, and as the storyline evolves (4 years ), more and more people are getting titles, even high titles, as well as killing the high ones become more usually, everyone will progress in title.

This is usually refered to as "Evolution". On your terms senseless.

Someone posted about the title progress (before forum wipe), and posted a few titles beyond Novice, i remember clearly he said you needed to kill Novices to get next title after that, but he could be wrong, but it sounds logical.
    NT phone HOME!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast