Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to all the people crying that scopes should be ranged weapons only

Originally posted by Hayake

True half, but consider this:

What do ma's have besides crits?
    We have no calms, no drains, no pets aso. We have crappy heals and green evades.
    Do you really wish to nerf the only thing an MA excells in? It is all an MA has.
    If you consider that and still feel the same way I guess you will agree with me that I should get drains, calms and roots like you then?
    Now let me pose this question to you... what do soldiers have that MA's don't have...

less crits

200-300 heal with long DoT attached

blue evades

There's a reason why the best team that can be formed at the moment is 6MA's... they are the only class that can do it all and they outdamage every other class... there's a reason a soldier and an enforcer can't hold aggro with an MA in the group.

Here's something else to think about... most decent weapons for Soldiers and Enforcers have long Attack/Recharge times... So there is actually a penalty to using a scope...

An MA hits at 1/1 with only 300 Melee Init... that's like a weapon that shoots at 1.5/1.5 would take 300 ranged init.. check a beam.. check an assualt rifle... check most other weapons and you will find that the best are generally 2.5/2.5 or worse...

So an MA can run around with 24% UVC, 15% crit, 2% GoS, 4% TTS and have a permanent 45% crit ratio... a level 170ish MA will hit for over 2k on nearly half his shots, plus get to brawl quite frequently.... On the flip side... a LvL 170 MA can run around with a river series 6 critting for over 3k on half his shots....

Somehow when you look at the numbers you see there might be a reason that crits are being reduced.

I understand it's a pain when you get knocked of your pedastal a bit... I had a playing my soldier at the MK shield Nerf... I was playing my agent at the time of the Aimed Shot Nerf... Sometimes it seems we come up with things that the designers never anticipated.. as Guate stated that Ranged Scopes were never really intended to be used with MA attacks.

This nerf hurts engies and Enforcers more than anything.. simply because they will only have Flurry of Blows to help them now....

From what I have seen in game though... I do actually agree that crits are somewhat over done... what I'd prefer to see is a base crit chance that increase with your title level... in other words... Title level = base crit chance... Funcom has admitted that it is only 3% base for all... I do think you should improve in crit chance as you level.

your UVC 24% + 15% FoB's crit buff = every other ranged proffesions 15%scope + 9% MA crit buff.... the big difference is every other class gets penalized by -800 init... that sounds like enough of a penalty...

Personally I'd like to see the game developed into a less crit dependent game.. a lot more weapons with high minimum and maximum damage and low crit damage at a slow enough speed that you need all the init you can scrounge up. The new Modified Queen Blade is an excellent example of this.. it is worthless with a 15% scope... but awesome with max init + FoB's...

Originally posted by kylee

You've gotta be kidding me, how is me losing my 15% scope and my river going to make me harder to kill in PVP when you don't lose anything at all? Not only are they nerfing my LLTS, theyre making my UVC unusable with ranged weapons.... Of course everyone is gonna love this idea, if it doesn't nerf them.

Gawd, give me some drains and roots so I can have equal footing with a trader... Then I can drain and zone like you :P
    an MA with 45% crit and a river = very unbalanced
    an MA with 45% crit and a ithica = very unbalanced
    an MA with 45% crit and a Krutt = very unbalanced
    an MA with 45% crit and a Beam = very unbalanced

I don't think it was ever intended for MA to outdmage ranged weapons users with their own weapons... that is a sad flaw in this game.

you guys are all NUTS.

this discussion is...

a) pointless cuz as far as i can tell....there is NOTHING official on how the nerf is going to be...

b) making people mad at eachother

c) making me mad cuz now im starting to get stressed out that my MA is gonna be useless now in pvp..and lets face it...thats what this is all about is it not?

ill explain my 'c' point: things i can't kill-traders, docs, fixers (with ga 3-4). things i can sometimes kill-enf, soldiers, nts, agents, other MAs. things i can usually (but not always) kill-MPs, engis, crats.

so...if they take my ranged crit away..and since our bows really really suck then anything that can root or run fast will now totally own us...and as u can see..2 of those professions allready pretty much do.

and pls...stop talking about 2 globes adding our chance to crit..thats near impossible to get..and even if i had 2 globes...id still use my 2 eggs for the HP and intel buffs.

so the way i see it: 24%, 3% thats built in that everyone has, 4% tts, and 8% from new lls or VE. 39% crit. others: 7 mop, 8 ve/lls, 3% built in, 4% tts. 22%. thats NOT much difference when u ad in the fact that our crits are generally lower then others, that we have no debuffs/roots or shields or grid armor.

take into the fact also that really the most i can get out of my evades cuz is around 900ish..but i usually use run buff so im at 850ish. most evade clusters dont work with our MA clusters. i can lose 55 agil to put in another..and also ad in the fact that right now..with a 14% lls at full agg i still dont hit full speed. with the 8% VE i could run about 70% and hit full..but honestly..could tell no difference..id still get WAY critted against.

now i read alot of posts on this subject since it completely effects me and my fellow MAs..and many of you know me because what do i do all day now? pvp only pretty much. i went from novice to rookie in 3 days. took me 2.5 weeks to get novice back..we are by no means UBER. most MAs i know are rookie/apprent. a few other novices in there and a couple neos (ill leave johiyat out of this lol).

and ill ad another thing..any plyr who is lvl 200..let me hit them a bunch..u will see that even with all my chances to crit..we really dnt crit that much..against greens..who maybe dont have the maxed evades us lvl 200s do..of course we crit alot against you. shoot..i have killed greens with just my bow..but i could never kill someone lvl 200 with a bow only..no matter what proffession. take away my ranged crit abilty..and i wont even be able to use a bow..it would be pointless.

so pls..quit guessing...quit whining...quit askin for nerfs about alot of stuff you dont even understand or know about (thats not to everyone..cuz some actually do understand).

if u want to have mass crits..roll an MA....if you want drains..roll a trader..if u want mad evades roll a fixer etc.

its sort of like..if you have a problem with what you are watching..change the channel.

Originally posted by Danae
    Another solution:
    Leave LLTS as they are but make it so crit buffs/bonus can't stack, take whichever is the highest between items and buffs.
    Someone with a 15% scope (if he's not MA) would never go higher and MAs would be limited to 24% crit with UVC.
    this is an idea that i can live with, it's actually pretty good one i think. only problem i have with it is that i sure would like to be able to get LLTS for my alt trader, soldier, engi, mp and any other alt i start.

make LLTS NOT stack with crit buffs, and then make them drop again is about the fairest way i can see .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12