Thread: bring back pvp

bring back pvp

The way it used to be it was much more interesting.

The way it is now is just foolish and for that matter dead as not many pvp any more.

This is an opinion.

Hrmm, im not sure if i agree with you, before this "fix" Garv and i had a duel in the arena, LOL he just pressed "N" (fling) and i got 3600 dmg... I can tell you it was not fun. My plan was to outrange him, but i didnt hear the one who was counting down so he got the first hit, and i was dead, no hard feelings, no whine, i know he is tough. But now that FC has stated taht range advantage will not be implemented again, and i have to stay in range of all ranged weapon users at all times, forget it, im not going to stay in this game if that happens without range advantage. I would prefere the old rules if range was still my advantage, but it is not, so i will give fierce resistance to this, unless NT gets a BIG boost... which seems like will take some time...

Anyway, i agree that PvP sucks as it is now, it really needs to be fixed somehow, for me PvP is 50% of the game, without it, i will soon quit.
    NT phone HOME!!

Please fix BwT and Shen. Also address heals.

I want a cheeseburger too. Get going! Lickety split funcom you're burning daylight.

Stimulation of the "PVP award economy"

I enjoy pvp and I'm trying to make the best of the increase in battle time in pvp due to halving of all damage. BTW, I bet not as many people would complain about damage if they knew how much of a difference a few points in to the old dodge skills makes as far as avoiding critical hits goes. When Im up against someone who hasn't put a single point in to the dodges. I get crits... lots of them and even with the damage halved my oponent dies real fast. When Im up against someone who has put a handfull of points in to dodge skills, the battle lasts 4x as long. Anyways, I have noticed that many heal type classes are having a great ol time healing themselves only half as much because of the half damage rule.

SUGGESTION: Perhaps cutting the effectiveness of heal nano's and regen nano's when the target is involved in a pvp combat would be a good idea?

I've also noticed that the PVP zones are dead! (on rubica2) I'd really like to see some incentive to go in to the pvp zones to stimulate the "PVP award economy." I've killed many clanners and neutrals but never got an award. No one is stupid enough not to save befoe coming to the zone to fight PVP style. I've read that sometimes the suppression level changes in normal zones. That sounds like fun... maybe it should happen a little more often.

SUGGESTIONS: Make some good PVP zone only item drops. More loot from mobs in pvp zone. I'd settle for an XP bonus in the PVP zones but I'd prefer one of my first two suggestions or a combo of all. More suppression gas changes.

I went into 2HO tonight with 300k xp unsaved and got ganked hard by 2 omni soldiers, both blood red to me. I didn't mean to go into 2HO, I just wasnt paying attention.

Then after I got reclaimed I went back again. I died before I could hit dimach. Insta death to double alpha strike from red soldiers.

So just to be argumentative, I'm stupid enough.

I think I saw that

Are you on rubi 2 and a martial artist because I think I saw that. You DID have grace period to get out of there..... Anyways, not so fun to sit at a grid and wait for hours for someone to accidently zone unsaved in to get rewards. Also not fun to be the one to accidently zone in. I think it would be cool to have pvp missions where someone on the other team defends the mission you are trying to do. Or at least be able to do missions with extra bonuses because they are in a pvp zone and you might get hunted. Or to hunt players seeking a big bonus for their mission in a pvp zone. Instead I hunt alone in a pvp zone without any fear of being hunted or any excitement because nobody else is ever there! For PVP I zone in to mtmdr and hardly anyone ever there and if there is they're saved and looking for oponents too, I may as well be shouting for an oponent at an arena. Its easier to find an oponent that way.

I like your idea of PvP missions that sounds cool.

To Ming, I don't really see a reason to complain about this, you walk into PvP area, you get killed, that's part of the game. Btw, if you're at Rk2, let me know who they are and we'll whoop their asses

I pretty much enjoy the way PvP is right now. They made it a bit harder indeed, but it's better in the end. earlier PvP was all about 1 hit kills, which doesn't take alot of skills. Ok I see you first, you're dead. 1 dimach, 1 aimedshot, 1 full auto or whatever would have me toasted. Now any class need to get at least 3 good hits to kill the oponent, which is more fair.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

I wasn't complaining. BTW my ass is healing nicely.

A lot of people complain about Half damage being unfair against full healing. Maybe it is maybe it isn't, I've seen all the healing classes get beaten after patch, just not as much as before patch.

However, imagine if healing were halved in PvP:

Clans decide to 'take over' 4 holes they start fighting the guards.
    Omni attacks the Doc, now Docs heals are healing half, but guards still doing full damage.

Hunting in a Mayhem or Political zone would raise griefing to an all time high.

reason

I think the main thing is that they just need to provide a reason to go into PvP zones..... 4holes is the biggest ghost town ever, yet it could be one of the best PvP zones easily.... maybe they should put like a Black Market shop with special items in the middle of nowhere in 4 holes.... or a static dungeon....

http://community.anarchy-online.com/...ction/progress

Under other changes the part about being able to take over territory.

Re: bring back pvp

Originally posted by meomy
    The way it used to be it was much more interesting.

The way it is now is just foolish and for that matter dead as not many pvp any more.

This is an opinion.
    /me waves to the soldier or agent

You have to be one of them to say what you are saying.

Nuff said
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL