Thread: Get rid of auto-patcher

Get rid of auto-patcher

My suggestion would be: get rid of the auto-patcher. Every patch it corrupts people's files, requiring them to reload AO (or, worse and more often, do a hard reload). You guys have been trying to fix it for over a year and it still causes problem and problem. You just throw more and more money (in the form of coder time) at the problem.

Downloading and patching manually works well and never corrupts. So get rid of the autopatcher option, have the system download the patch into a file and then let the user click on that file to patch. It will mean coding and CS time that you can spend on other, in-game problems.

Scorus

never had a problem

I've never had a problem with autopatcher. I think people would not tolerate having to start another process to get their game working.

If anything, The only way I would want to see autopatcher gone, is that if they could dynamically download content and update while the game is played - technically impossible at this time.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened