Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920

Thread: Friday with Means - September 11th, 2009 - Video Q&A, Sceenies and Info-Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. I'll stick with my, single old-guy, jewelry for now. "W00t! I'm a Pirate - Ouch!"
    Warped.

Cola came out of my nose when I read the PM about what had happened to his characters...and not in a good way. It burned.
    Here's some information regarding behaviour in corporate executives; "Cola" goes IN the nose, not out. And it is supposed to burn - just shows it's working.
    Last edited by tokrika; Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:45:20.
    Tokrika - advisor of First Light

Ceterum censeo Omni-tek esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    They can turn into their own new merc group called anything they want and there's no preexisting reason why anyone (beyond Tir) would shoot them on sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Funcom could write a story about a new mercenary faction that comes to Rubi-Ka and appeals to the current Neutral population to join their cause while Clan and Omni have no current issue with them. Thus they retain their freedom of travel while becoming a mercenary faction of their own.
    As far as I'm aware, by Omni Tek and probably ICC definitions, this new Mercenary group would be Clanners, invading their planet, not working for the Omni Tek Company and Active in Hostilities, instantly giving Omni a reason to dislike them and the ICC to stop protecting them, making them de-facto Clanners, not Neutrals.

So yes, Omni would then start shooting them on site.

Not to mention that every new arrival on the planet would then be forced to be a part of this new mercenary faction, or new players would be forced to choose a side without having the opportunity to learn more about the sides. Neutrals should remain Neutral and stay out of the conflict, anything else makes them Clans or Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    and the xan board brought up to equal the 1k token board, I dont see any reason for them to bitch now.
    Yeah there is, personally I think it degrades the whole point of tokens, so unless Tokens get considerably easier to get a hold of I don't think that the newly improved neck Item should become available.

The Token grind is one of the longest and slowest parts of the game, it should be rewarded commensurately, an item equivalent to 1000 tokens shouldn't be so much easier to get a hold of than those 1000 tokens.

Make tokens easier or don't change the boards.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Besides, neut just got side change and the xan board brought up to equal the 1k token board, I dont see any reason for them to bitch now.
    zomg, so LE boards are neutral only?
    thx, maybe i should play on test server only like you do.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin View Post
    zomg, so LE boards are neutral only?
    thx, maybe i should play on test server only like you do.
    And why pretell should there be a Neutral only item? Neutrals have access to the sides cities, gardens, shops, many items in the database (not neck/tier3 or a few specialty side locked items as it should be). So tell me why shouldn't the sides have access to theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Not to mention that every new arrival on the planet would then be forced to be a part of this new mercenary faction, or new players would be forced to choose a side without having the opportunity to learn more about the sides. Neutrals should remain Neutral and stay out of the conflict, anything else makes them Clans or Omni.
    I keep saying it, and I think you all keep avoiding it.

There is only one solution to this. Discontinue the post-200 Neutral faction and leave the rest as it is.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I keep saying it, and I think you all keep avoiding it.

There is only one solution to this. Discontinue the post-200 Neutral faction and leave the rest as it is.
    I can't really disagree or agree with the point because I am torn. You see I do not dislike or wish to punish Neutrals for the failings of the past that are not their fault. However, I do wish to see the game progress, storyline begin development again, and the sides return to having a reason to exist at all beyond a single item on their neck and the long tedious grind to be able to put it there.

If that last remaining dividing line between the warring sides and non warring side is blurred even further, then I just want my 220 side change form to neutrals so we can have all the best of all worlds too and make this game with its trivialized story, (who cares about Xan and Aliens? I mean for real now can we get back to Hyper-corporation wars and rebellious freedom fighters? You know the thing that drew me to this game to begin with because it reminded me of Dune and other amazing sci-fi?), org vs org/ alliance vs alliance, and just get rid of all side locks in the game. Merge all players in to one giant pool and give the "side restraints" in NW gas be locked to alliances of organizations. THAT would be 10x more interesting than the current situation as it is and so long as the neutrals keep creeping up on the sides seems destined to become.

The current Xan base board (usable by neutrals) will get a small boost and the 200+ side change forms will be in SL in the next update. Both should be on Test in the next version within the next day or so.

We want our own TL1,TL2,TL3,TL4,TL5,TL6,TL7 neck items! NEUTRAL ONLY!

The xan token board's you're talking about will be locked 201+, will require xan expansion pack and will be usable by ALL players. Right?
    I'm sick of using leftovers from sided players. We want a "neutral only" tag on the boards you promised and we want one for each Title Level!
    Last edited by Luiza; Sep 20th, 2009 at 02:54:53.
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    We want our own TL1,TL2,TL3,TL4,TL5,TL6,TL7 neck items! NEUTRAL ONLY!
    No we don't!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

No we don't!
    This ^^

Stop having personal arguments please, people, it's not appropriate. There is, as always, a line between constructive discussion and personal argument, and you guys are crossing it.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

No we don't!
    O rly?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    My point was that we don't all want them. In this case I was arguing against a Broad sweeping generalization, and personally I'm undecided as to whether they should be locked to Neutral only. So the broad collective 'we' that I was responding to is not true. Sorry if my post was a bit terse but the Faux Neutrals are annoying me somewhat, and I know that's no excuse, hence the clarification of what I was meaning.

I'm undecided as to whether they should be locked to Neutral only.
    If they're neutral only they should have not==shade on them, or else completely remove that tag all together, to all neck items.
    Last edited by SixCharacters; Sep 20th, 2009 at 22:43:21.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCharacters View Post
    If they're neutral only they should have not==shade on them, or else completely remove that tag all together, to all neck items.
    I completely support the removal of that tag. Implants/Symbiants make sense to be unavailable to shades, but not token boards...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920