Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In answer to some of the feedback to the 14.5 patch

warping outrageous

As an adv with good runspeed for my class and lvl, fully buffed, I'm unable to outrun green mob's on my way to mission. This is ludicrous! Worse even: In spite of my high adventuring skill, the mobs are continuosly on top of me in difficult terrain; they warp 20 meters for every meter they run!

When the mobs are borderline what you can fight and win (or higher), running is not an option because that'll allow the mob a good 2 or 3 hits before it becomes clear that running isn't working. So the situation now is that running is implemented in some mobs, but made impossible for players!

If anything, difficult terrain should be to the advantage of the pursued, not the pursuer. That's how it works in the rest of the universe...

This effectively nerfs solo exploring and solo outdoor hunting. It also makes it very difficult to reach missions unless you've got a yalm, which pretty much §&r#ws the newbies... This is not good!

So, how about a response on this? I'll even post a quick and dirty solution. No clue how easy or hard it would be to code, but since I would personally rate this issue as critical (True newbies aren't paying you YET, remember. Gotta prove the game is playable, and it's not for them right now) I think it might be prudent to find out.

Before the mob warps, have them check how long it's been since they were last hit. If it's been more than, say, 10 seconds, warping shuts off until they're hit again. This gives players who don't want the combat a CHANCE to escape.

I've started using an MA to test this warping thing in Omni Forest. Lvl 44. So far, things that have been grey for thirty levels have SOME difficulty keeping up if I run backwards. They could probably do so if I stopped for one second out of every ten to simulate a lower runspeed. What's up with that?

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    [B]Now imagine that 3 Bashers, 2 Smashers, 2 Shamans, and a Mystic leave from the camp every hour. They walk past their Rhinoman guards in the valley and enter the desert. They march towards the Oasis in formation and pass Scouts along the way. They get to the Oasis and proceed to kill every Direseed, Parspalum, and other Plant that is present and take one full circle around the watering hole before marching back to their camp.

They basically left camp for some food (Rhinos are plant eaters) scouted out their secondary water source and brought home a few containers worth to supplement their camp source of water.
    [B]
    Awesome, this would bring back my faith in AO to be certain... to see mobs fighting eachother has always been a blast... it was possible even in old Doom... could it be so hard to put another mob on the hatelists of some mobs? For an example, why not put all scorpion creatures on the hatelists of Hammer heads... or every other mob on the hatelists of Lifebleeders? That would make the world alot more interesting to watch... although... it would probably require some processor power on your servers...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Pretty please?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Here's some hard numbers about your dear warping and summoning.

Level 193 mp. 1750k+ runspeed with grid space freedom.

Casts quantum wings. Now has flight speed stacked with run speed.

Spent 15 minutes unable to get to a zone point.

Why? Because of constant warpage/summoning.

I ended up /terminating to not give those mobs the satisfaction of killing me.

I don't know. You say they all have weaknesses and get arounds. Maybe next time I'll open a trade window and feed it a bronto burger.

Aging of outdoor mobs

I have always thought a good way to get people to roam the outdoor spaces of rubi-ka would be to have mobs age.

When a mob spawned it would be given a birthdate and as it aged it would get a better loot table and perhaps more HP/attacks. The mobs age could be indicated by a title in front of its "standard" name.

This would mean that some of the best hunting would be available in the least travelled parts of the world. In order to find the Mobs with the best loot you would have to travel to difficult, or hard to reach hunting spots. And of course because the killing of an "older" mob is more valuable than killing a "young" mob the risk reward ratio would make it worthwhile.

Also, because no Mob is particularly special at its spawn time, it avoids the problem of camping spawn spots.

Add this concept in with Bironto's ideas about MOB attack co-ordination and you may see some folks hunting outdoors again.

/Tichnhathan

Bironto here, =P

Yeah, DAoC did this to a degree. You couldn't just sit in one place and slaughter the 'pops' all day long. It wasn't perfect in practice, but it was a good effort.

I agree that the 'resources' that are 'mined' continuously could degrade a bit in 'quality'.

The corollary to this would be to have the additional re-spawns be a bit harder and harder to test your group until you have outgrown them or have met your match. Having the Rookies call in some Seasoned buddies after you've massacred their camp for 2 hours would make sense and alleviate some of the boredom that sets in outdoors camping a spawn.

I really miss my outdoor soloing scampers...right now I can root them and the mob warps, I can run away, and they will warp and warp like crazy to get me (1K+ runspeed) even after they drop from my radar they suddenly appear on top of me

There are no tactics to counter this, and these are just normal mobs... I havent bothered looking for new bosses because the sheer annoyance of being unable to do anything is just too much
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

To me 14.5 has been a total disappointment. I really wish they would fix some of the major profession crippling issues rather then high level content that is buggy and incomplete at best
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Can't Get Doc DoTs to Stack

Is anyone else having problems getting the A and B strains of DoC DoTs to stack. Since 14.6 they no longer stack properly and it seems like they are all of the same strain now. Please say this isn't so. One of the few offensive capabilites docs have hasn't been nerfed has it. Heck why not just get rid of us all together and give our heals completely over to the MAs and our HoTs to the Fixers. Heck they already have better ones than us doctors...explain that one too while you're at it.

Daemonestra
    Last edited by Dominaetryx; Nov 15th, 2002 at 04:15:34.
    Vini, Vidi, Vici, Vino...I came, I saw, I conquered, then I had a glass of wine.

T-shirts are available in the lobby for a nominal fee...get yours now...supplies are limited.

Unhappy Not Doing the Proper Damage Also

In addition to not stacking anymore they are also not doing the proper amounts of damage as they used to. Perhaps the database or lookup tables or whatever they use to reference these things was not properly sorted, checked, changed, whatever from the last patch (14.6). Anyone else noticing this problem?

Daemonestra
    Vini, Vidi, Vici, Vino...I came, I saw, I conquered, then I had a glass of wine.

T-shirts are available in the lobby for a nominal fee...get yours now...supplies are limited.

I Was Using These Nanos

I was using these at first: Metabolic Disassembler and Repeated Cellular Trauma. They used to stack but now no longer stack and no longer do the damage they did prior to the server side patch of yesterday. After reporting this to ARK and doing a feedback form and posting on the forum I went back to RK-2 and tested some more out.

This is what I found. Not all of them are messed up (totally). But many, many of them are. I'm not going to sit around and test all of them (I don't work for FC why should I test a product they provide to us at a cost) and to tell the truth I don't have all of them to test but the ones I do have showed a mark change in the way they behaved since the server side patch yesterday.

Now if this doesn't bother you then just ignore it. Maybe it will never bother you. Maybe the ones you are using now are unaffected. If so that is great but if you doubt what I found, just DoT yourself and check it out firsthand.

Thanks for the response,

Daem

Re: Aging of outdoor mobs

Originally posted by Tichnhathan
    I have always thought a good way to get people to roam the outdoor spaces of rubi-ka would be to have mobs age.

When a mob spawned it would be given a birthdate and as it aged it would get a better loot table and perhaps more HP/attacks. The mobs age could be indicated by a title in front of its "standard" name.

This would mean that some of the best hunting would be available in the least travelled parts of the world.
    Wow, what a great idea. I realize it was posted a while ago, and some changes that have been made that have gotten people hunting again (I have been thrilled that I have not had to do any arm twisting to get full teams to head out borg hunting). Still, this idea seems like a nice addition that still has its merits, so bumping upward it goes.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234