Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Artists Attacks and NO DROP items in general

Unhappy what i do atm

is offer to accompany a friendly ma through a max hard mission if he uses his customized shopping uplink (known all around rk as "clicksaver") to find a martial artist attack in a fully hard mission with critical.

bad situation and i never understood why they do not come in tubes like agent masks or are no drop in the first place - just offering my help in the meantime, feel free to drop me a line.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Well the reason why they are not in tubes or bamboo holders etc is that they are still not NODROP, hence can be sold for silly money. You find a QL200 BoP in a recepticle, you can sell it. A nice solution, but I doubt FC would implement it.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox
    Well the reason why they are not in tubes or bamboo holders etc is that they are still not NODROP, hence can be sold for silly money. You find a QL200 BoP in a recepticle, you can sell it. A nice solution, but I doubt FC would implement it.
    well..still...is being able to sell it any different than currently a weapon-wielder able to roll it in a mission(albeit not being able to use it) or finding it as loot from a mob(albeit not being able to use it) or finding it as loot in a chest(albeit not being able to use it)

=P

why not have it in a 'scroll'?
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Hehe believe me I would rather it WAS in scroll form. I was just pointing out why FC won't bother doing this. The economy is screwed already. I don't know how easy it is to roll the attacks. If its very easy the economy will not be affected. If a QL200 BoP is a biatch to find then the economy would go loopy again.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Too bad they are nodrop. I have a ql 200 Shen, BwT, and Flower.

Originally posted by Vegan
    Too bad they are nodrop. I have a ql 200 Shen, BwT, and Flower.
    so do I....and a they keep popping up on corpses when i'm wanting to find the stupid soul fragments....

btw, it's REALLY easy to roll MA attacks. (well, Shen especially at higher qls: 160+)
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Unhappy Dislike of the NODROP thing in general

I have a general dislike of most NODROP items. Basically, here are my thoughts.

Martial Arts attacks: These should be found or sold in "scroll" form which is unusable until opened. Once opened, they become NODROP. They would then funtion kind of like books or Balaklava Helmets (ski masks). This allows much more freedom in how they can be traded or sold.

Vehicles: Ok, I only kind of understand that FC wants you to earn the money for vehicles, but honestly, anyone should be able to sell their car. Vehicles already have a skill requirement, so you could only flood the market with the low quality ones and only to people who have the ips to invest in the vehicle skills. People can already buy vehicles for their lowbie friends by handing them money, why make it difficult.

Senior Intern-Ops Coats: I LOVE the look of these. Ok, they're not NODROP, but they are UNIQUE. What's up with that?!? Again, they already have stat requirements. What, I can't own two coats?!? Maybe I should invite some FC execs over for a peek in my closet to show them just how many coats I can own.

Bracers: These are again NODROP. With the bracer nerf, there is NO reason these should be NODROP anymore. Bracers are not really a rare item (at least they haven't been for me), and I would love to be able to sell or give my really useless, low level ones to someone.

Quest Items: Ok, these are why NODROP should exist. Neleb's coat, cyborg armor, etc. Should only be gained by people who go into the field, take the risk, and get the items. They should not be able to be farmed out to others. In fact, more of these items should be made NODROP. Right now, high levels go out into the field and farm these items to sell, leaving lower level characters who need or want these items in the dust, which isn't fair. Grid armor is a good example. Maybe not all of it, but the higher level grid armor should be NODROP. Then, FC could increase it's drop rate to balance the NODROP ('cause if you make it NODROP, it's drop rate should be raised).

Again, these are just my opinions. Anyone else have thoughts to add on these matters? No flames please.
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

Originally posted by tallistro
    maybe the ma attacks could follow the same route as the crat suits and some other stuff ? the item you get as loot is a tradable sealed form (or whatever would be apropriate for mas, maybe some weed to help you meditate ) and you gotta personalize ( or meditate about ) it to be able to use it. the result is nodrop then.

amen! i think another good example is how nanos are uploaded. The ma attacks are pretty much nano programs that lock the MA skill, and come in just about any ql.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12