Thread: Atrox 2HB & FoB ? IP cost / Advantages

Question Atrox 2HB & FoB ? IP cost / Advantages

Is it interesting for a 2HB Beam Atrox Enforcer to wear a FoB (that req to spend Ips in Fast Attack) ? (Ip cost compared to advantages)

By advance thx

P.S.
    Same question with Targeting Scope

ABSOLUTELY invest IP into Fast Attack to use a FoB. No question. You get a large boost to your inits for a short time; and, at least in *my* experience, crit a little more during that time.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Re: Atrox 2HB & FoB ? IP cost / Advantages

Originally posted by Sabejita
    Is it interesting for a 2HB Beam Atrox Enforcer to wear a FoB (that req to spend Ips in Fast Attack) ? (Ip cost compared to advantages)

By advance thx

P.S.
    Same question with Targeting Scope

yes, just use enough IP for a Q30 or so, then when IP's free up at higher levels get better ones
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Totally use a FoB brah. I have maxed Fast Attack and a shining cluster in my imps. I'm currently using a QL 150 FoB.
    Thomas "Trus" Truslow

At 120-something, I'm perfectly happy with my ql 40-something flurry. I WILL upgrade it, but for now, it does the job.

You don't need to max fastattack to make it useful. Even the small ones help. Although, the big ones help more.....

Flurry is the Sh&t! Enf + beam + FoB = TotAl dEstrUctIoN!

It also seems that I crit like crazy when I am in Flurry.. Very often I will crit 3-4 times on the same mob..

It is well worth the IP man...

Just thought I would throw in that the reason you seem to crit more often when you use FoB is becuase for the duration its running it rasies Crit % by I THINK 10-15%

Thats a sweet increase when you factor in the 30 crit on Beam, you SHOULD crit alittle less then half the time while its running, although in a post of mine I called " Things that Suck " I did happen to mention FoB'ing at lvl 70 only to hit 15 times for 40 points of damage :P

As for a targeting scope, well . . . my opinion is as an Atrox Beam weilding Enf, there is no reason to use one.

Beam + FoB + Rage ( oh ya :P ) = 1 sec swings ( or FASTER ) plus 40 - 55 % crit.

Why throw on something that will slow down that attack and only add HELL, even 5 crit ( being a good one ) ? Just no reason to for Beam Enf.

That my opinion anyway.

~Peace!~
    Quick
    Quiksilva - Omni Enforcer ( hey its a job )

Misterbungle - Rerolled 2HE Omni Enforcer . . . . . " It's not funny my @ss is on fire! "

Why are both of my ONLY two characters Enforcers? Simple, it doesnt matter what weapon/armor/style you go for, Enforcers are a very simple and much needed class in game. You simple hit things. ALOT >

" We have no great war, no great desprssion. Our great war is a spiritual war, our depression, is our lives. " ~ Tyler Durden, Fight Club

use ip in fast attack FOB are ur best frend after the beam

Originally posted by QuikSilva

Beam + FoB + Rage ( oh ya :P ) = 1 sec swings ( or FASTER ) plus 40 - 55 % crit.

Quick

Hahaha what the hell? No enf has that crit with fob.
    Seconds, since when did it effect recharge so much?

I use a 7% at the moment, Rage keeps my at max possible speed with NATIVE/PIPE and flurry doesnt make me go any faster, just seems to crit more, sometimes.

Problem.
    IF they are going to nerf scopes, then uncap the speed limits to make us hit faster. (Problems)

I only need around 300/450 init.

Why on earth do I need 1000+ melee init when it does nothing? huh...huh.

Doctors? Well It doesnt last long enough ;p
    Fight full def? yes this helps, but still!

Problem: Wouldnt want to meet a 1s/1s beam now would you? :P

So uhm, scopes are worth it as long as you have a nice rage to keep your speed to max, and flurry for those occasions.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Well, I use a LLTS (only +3 or so) and when I compared I did slightly more crits with it than without under normal fights. However using it with FOB the difference is bigger. On the other hand it slows me a bit.

I like it and will use it until they nerf it. Luckily I didnt have to pay millions for mine so I wont loose as much when they nerf it. I say use it if you can.

and whats that about beam having 30% crit chance???
    i hope i just misunderstood that sentence, cause thats WAY off..
    ql200 fob gives 20% crit, base crit is 3%...
    and a scope does help...i use a 9% llts, and it crits much more then when i had just FoB....init los is not that bad if u keep infernal rage running....

Cloudeh, I notice a HUGE increase in the speed I swing when I use FoB . . maybe you dont becuase your already at your cap or something, but I have alittle over 500 melee INT, and when I Flurry, I FLURRY.

As for HAVING the crit hits, nope, never said it actually happens. I said, in theory, thats what the Crit chance would be, but Superblanka showed me my error

ql fob gives 20% crit, base crit is 3% . . .

So I didnt know THAT, I was going by the 10-15% listed on the site. I am no where near able to use a ql 200 yet.

Oh and beam is 30% crit . . .

Oh and Cloudeh, I still cant see why you dont see a speed increase in your swing with FoB. It does only add a small amount to melee Int, yet it raises the cap for agg/def for the duration its running. As I read on another board, Sitting at max Agg takes .25 off your attack, and for every 600 INT, shaves one second off as well . . .

So if your using a beam and sitting at full agg with 1200 Melee INT, then MAYBE you wouldnt see any increase in the amount of your swings during that time, though I dont understand why as it says it increases the agg.def cap while its running . . . . .

All I know is I swing like a mofo when I use it :P

Oh and I am not sure who's sig it is on this board, but I liked it and Im going to use it in this final example. He said the beam is NOT the best weapon in the game. Its alittle worse then the EoT at 30% Crit. But when was the last time you had 30% crits anyway? :P

Oh and Im not about to give up some of that 500 melee INT for a marginal Crit increase on scope, with or without rage. Sorry not UbEr gOd yet . . I need all the speed I can get.

~Peace!~
    Quick

PS = Im only lvl 74! Not everone is Over 100 yet :P

Misterbungle - Rerolled 2HE Omni Enforcer . . . . . " It's not funny my @ss is on fire! "

Why are both of my ONLY two characters Enforcers? Simple, it doesnt matter what weapon/armor/style you go for, Enforcers are a very simple and much needed class in game. You simple hit things. ALOT >

" We have no great war, no great desprssion. Our great war is a spiritual war, our depression, is our lives. " ~ Tyler Durden, Fight Club

ok, i seriously dont get it, sorry for being slow

u say "Oh and beam is 30% crit . . . "

by this u mean, when u equip a beam, u have 30% chance to land a crit?...sort of as if u have a 30% crit llts (if they would excist)...thats the kind of crit ure talking about?
    because really..beam doesnt crit 1 out of 3 hits...

but...i know for sure i misunderstood..so please correct me

only place I seen 30% and beam in the same sentence lately is "the beam is marginally worse than the EoT at 30% crits". Beam itself does not modify crit chance at all.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

From 500>1100 melee init i see no speed advantage, with flurry.
    My weapons do not visually get any faster, they dont feel faster.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Ok I as far as I know 30% on beam is 30% damage on crits. . .

I was talking the same for the Flurry, though after looking into it I found I was wrong. So Sue me. FoB Adds to the chances of you performing a crit, where the 30% on beam I was talking about is the damage dealt on a crit. Woops. I figured by the numbers shown on weapons site that it was the same thing. My bad.

Though I still have to say Cloudeh you have me stumped. This I know for sure. Sitting at full Agg right now, with 427 melee Int ( no fury ), when I hit FoB, man I swing at LEAST 3 times faster for the duration its running, and I currentlly only have a QL 41 FoB . . .

I also KNOW that FoB ADDS to the AGG/DEF bar, for the duration its running, and that there is only a msall increase to melee int itself . .

But like I said, I hit 5, and I swing like a mofo. . . .

I really would like to know why you dont notice any increase in the speed you swing with your weapons when you FoB . . is this something I have to look forward to at higher levels? I dont see how how though, the only thing that keeps comming into the back of my head is ( and mind you I have never done this combo so not sure ) that you using native/pipe combo, those weapons have a faster attack/recharge then beam does, so you need less melee int to get those faster swings . . .

and yet Im still stumped becuase FoB makes you swing faster then your normal melee int would allow . . . .

If anyone has any know how about this that I am missing, please feel free to throw your comments in, becuase I know for a fact that when I FoB using my beam, I swing WAY FASTER then i do without it.

Oh and again in closing, sorry about my mistake on the crit% with the FoB. I didnt mean you would Crit 30% of the time with a beam, I thought FoB ADDED to the 30% Crit damage of beam, didnt relize it added to the overall chances of landing a critical blow.

( Although I should have . . becuase it works with brawl to ).

Once again, my bad.

Oh one more thing ( ya ya :P ), isint it in theory possible to to bring the attack/recharge of a beam to 1s/1s? I have most def seen an improvment in the speed of my beam as I raise melee Int.

~Peace!~
    Quick

but...

you use beam...and cloudeh staff/pipe...

so yes, beam needs the extra init..staff pipe doesnt need it..therefor...u go faster when using it, and cloudeh doesnt