Thread: Mission are worse!

Mission are worse!

Last night I logged in thinking I would finaly be able to do a mission and mabey even enjoy walking threw areas I would have to look at the ground to get threw before.... starting at Harrys I headed for the grid. Seemed better... not alot of lag, cool.

I grid to Rome ...so far so good. I hit the mission booth and... I get offered the SAME mission areas that I have always been given.

Clon****
    Clon****
    Clon****
    Street east (pvp zone)
    Street east (pvp zone)

Besided the occational Andromeda and Muntant Domain (the MD missions are fine but dont come up that often)... the above is all I am ever offered

The missions to Clon****. I can get to the zone easy enough but the mission areas are 9 out of 10 times, in areas infested with deep red mobs to my lvl 47 char. Im forced to take them from time to time so I dont spend thousands of credits on the booth. I make it alive 1 out of 5 times.

After spending about 2 K looking threw the mission booth I finaly got a mission to MD. It was a "find it and describe it to me" mission. After spend a total of 1 hour and 45 minuts (travel form Rome included) I have killed all the mobs and pick up the item....nothing. No credits...no token...no reward. Im like WTF!?!? I sat in the mission area for 30 minuts waiting...nothing. I tried to put the item down on the ground to pick it up again...it vanished.

The faster grafx patch.
    Seemed to make it a little better... I still walked into walls unable to stop in a crowded area.

The missions.
    Still to far and now dont give ANY reward.

Mission location seems to be related to your latest cell scan... Scan by your mission terminal and it might improve. Haven't tested it though, but that's the way word goes.

/Nev

I sent email to funcom about the broken 'pick-up item' missions.

Basically, they've managed to break every single type of mission, which must mean that a new type of mission will be created soon, also broken. Hm, weren't they saying something about storyline-related missions from NPCs?

I'm not sure how many of these bugs are still around, but it does present an interesting perspective:

1. assassination mission types: MO gets killed by toxic goo. unable to complete mission.

2. observe: MO aggros on you. mission cannot be completed while in a fight. MO is killed in self defense. Unable to complete mission.

3. item pickup: nothing happens when you pick up the item.
    Unable to complete mission. new feature of this patch.

4. slap-on missions: the slap-ee MO is not there. cannot complete mission, although that was supposedly fixed in this last patch.

5. pickup & return missions: mission terminal eats item, unable to complete.

6. team missions? still not implemented.

This is the response I got from them:

Dear User,

Thank you for your report, however we need to have this information sent to
    us via the bug report tool in-game.
    Support doesn't handle the bug reports, thank you.
    So um, what is Support for, if not support? Sending out form letters?

Missions

Actually, In my experience from last night, the mission zones appear to be much better. Hitting the mission generator at the outpost in Lush Fields, about 1/3 of the missions from the generator were located in Lush fields, The rest of them divided fairly equally between Clon****, Greater Omni Forest, and the occasional mutant domain.

However, the missions DO appear to be broken again. PLEASE fix this as it's cutting into my income here.