Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dragon*Con 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Last picture has a shot of Means in a blue shirt eye'ing the winner.
    Was this a dual purpose video games + children's books convention? I think I see Hagrid standing next to Means.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Was this a dual purpose video games + children's books convention? I think I see Hagrid standing next to Means.
    DragonCon is about everything Sci-Fi and Fantasy related. So books, movies, games, comics, art, jewelry, LARP, etc. If it has anything remotely to do with the genre it was probably represented there in some form or another.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    DragonCon is about everything Sci-Fi and Fantasy related. So books, movies, games, comics, art, jewelry, LARP, etc. If it has anything remotely to do with the genre it was probably represented there in some form or another.
    so how do Billy Mayes, and the Geico Caveman, and Jamie from mythbusters fit in to all that? (cause i saw all of em)

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    so how do Billy Mayes, and the Geico Caveman, and Jamie from mythbusters fit in to all that? (cause i saw all of em)
    /w Billy Mays is dead
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Billy Mayes is dead. Ghosts can be either sci-fi or fantasy depending on what you believe. The Geico Cavemen are fantasy. We all know that real Cavemen can't bowl. Jamie from Mythbusters was there because someone has to be there to represent the skeptical amongst us.

The one I can't quite figure is Steve from Blues Clues. I think he was just trolling for MILFs.

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleah View Post
    /w Billy Mays is dead
    Billy Mayes is dead. Ghosts can be either sci-fi or fantasy depending on what you believe. The Geico Cavemen are fantasy. We all know that real Cavemen can't bowl. Jamie from Mythbusters was there because someone has to be there to represent the skeptical amongst us.

The one I can't quite figure is Steve from Blues Clues. I think he was just trolling for MILFs.
    ysll tell that to the guy i saw! he was even carrying around a tub of oxyclean.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

in case no one has searched yet, heres the q&a session at dragoncon for ao. big hf to Shaogens for uploading these

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0FSW6fqf0
    part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dberq...eature=channel
    part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caLkC...eature=channel
    part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSoau...eature=channel

--edit-- my bad, doesn't look like shaogens finished uploading all the videos yet and probably was waiting till it was all finished before posting. my apologies.
    Last edited by juicyfruitloot; Sep 11th, 2009 at 05:41:13. Reason: premature exitement and clarification
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Thanks for this...very informative
    Last edited by DaveB; Sep 10th, 2009 at 07:04:00. Reason: Add smiley

wtb more
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

THE ANSWER IS twwwoooo!

I really wish I was there to raise my hand and say like "Want to sell 300 CC....oops mt, but seriously...."

other idea was to show up in a wig, and introduce myself as coen to everyone
    Last edited by topa_boss; Sep 10th, 2009 at 08:37:26.
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

/me walks off to the left....
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    THE ANSWER IS twwwoooo!
    double AS tigress *is* coming !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    double AS tigress *is* coming !
    HA, good turn around

All though pretty simple, nice cosplay idea to the women with the Fairy Wings, Good Stockings of the North and The Midnight Pumpkin Bikini Top.

Were there any other people dressed in AO social clothes or armor there?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post

Were there any other people dressed in AO social clothes or armor there?
    I didn't understand a lot of the goofy dress. Maybe its just a dragoncon thing to dress funky because most of it didn't seem to AO-ish.

One guy was dressed really cool as toon, dressed in black, shaved head, with face tattoo. Don't know who he was, but hats off to him.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    I didn't understand a lot of the goofy dress.
    To be goofy perhaps?

Some people just like to **** around for the sake of not being normal and getting a laugh.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    One guy was dressed really cool as toon, dressed in black, shaved head, with face tattoo. Don't know who he was, but hats off to him.
    Ok, the woman in the Halloween bikini? That's Mynka. The guy you're talking about is her husband, Synnthetik.

I didn't understand a lot of the goofy dress. Maybe its just a dragoncon thing to dress funky because most of it didn't seem to AO-ish.
    I wandered through the crowd at one point to offer "Leet Treats" and I would say the vast majority of the people I offered them to had never played AO. So that explains why they wouldn't be dressed very AO-ish.

Member, GSP Dancers

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    To be goofy perhaps?

Some people just like to **** around for the sake of not being normal and getting a laugh.
    Ok. fair enough. I don't want anyone to think Im against goofy dressing. I just didn't know if I was missing something.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Ok, the woman in the Halloween bikini? That's Mynka. The guy you're talking about is her husband, Synnthetik.
    see.. i think thats the most disapointing thing about freakcon.. i mean.. dragoncon....

all the attractive women there are already married/with their bf, or such.

i was showing some of the random video i took to one of the ladies at my office.. and she was like "oh that girl looks cute, did you get her number?". referring to... some girl in a yellow/black outfit with long dark hair..

/me sighs

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast