Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raise weapon ql cap

Originally posted by Whitesand
    in pvp the fights should go long. With higher ql of weapon the fights will be to short again. With a ql250 IEC I will alpha you in 1 sec to reclaim. So what will we be the next step if they give us higher ql weapons? They will cap the dmg in pvp down to 20%.
    You may find doing this would actually balance the non-healer vs healer aspect of pvp a little. At the moment healers do have the upper hand vs non healers in pvp.

A ql250 iec would only do an average of 20% more damage than a ql200 and the 50% damage/40% cap still applies. So insta kills would not be likely vs equal opponents.
    /Voorg

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Now to the above comment. It's so full of holes it ain't funny. The comment is that Soldiers kill stuff so fast now that they don't need weapons above qlvl200. Then riddle me this: If you are killing stuff so fast now that you don't need weapons above 200, why the hell would you need 'Soldier-only' items that are better than what you now use.
    Ok let me try to explain what I need. First with a good alpha atm I hit you down to 20-40% in pvp in 1sec! After that its only a question of time if you cannot heal yourself or cannot run away. When you ask me if a soldier needs do to more dmg then I say no. If you ask me if any other class should do more dmg in a fight. Then I say no again. This will only kill your enemy faster. In pvm we still kill mobs fast as hell in teams. And some classes kill ppls fast as hell too in pvp. Pvp fights are still to fast. The only long and interessting fights I see in this game are fights of classes which do not powerfull damage (fixers, docs, traders) and classes which are able to heal themself. Yes right we soldier can fight 80sec too, but only cause we have our tms running for 80sec. After this we are dead in 40sec. With a higher weapon will you kill a soldier with tms running faster? I say no - cause you still cannot kill us in 80sec (tms time) and after that well after that we don't have any defense so you need not do good dmg to kill us till we can recast our shields again.

Ok to your question. Why we soldiers want a profession-only weapon. Cause it makes us unique in this game! Cause we soldiers have something no other class can have! Thats the point! Not that we can make more dmg with the item. We only want to be unique and call me selfish ok np with that but I don't want to see any other class in this game running with a nophex or a boosted Hellfurry in this game! And I'm sure many other would agree to me. Our do you thin the adventure would love it to see a enforcer running with a "Ancient Adventurer Sword" in this game? Well I don't think so!

Originally posted by Voorg
    Soldier can equip ql220 novaflow, because of implants, green skills etc.

Doctor may be able to equip a ql220 novaflow, but because of the extra skills required they trade off some nano skill implants. The choice is thiers, but it is likely the doc would stay with a ql200 and have good nano skills too.
    Hmmm nano skills and weapon skills in the same nano cluster? Voorg you are a soldier you should know about the shinging mc head cluster and the shining ranged energy head cluster. We soldiers need both clusters and they are on the same imp! We need the shining mc for our tmsx or rrf but on the other side we need the ranged ener cluster for our attack rate with our main weapons (iec, nova, nophex, div9, etc...) So why should only we have this problem? And I'm sure we would have the same problem with a ql220 weapon. So you see a doc hasn't more disadvantages as we would have!

Originally posted by Voorg
    You may find doing this would actually balance the non-healer vs healer aspect of pvp a little. At the moment healers do have the upper hand vs non healers in pvp.

A ql250 iec would only do an average of 20% more damage than a ql200 and the 50% damage/40% cap still applies. So insta kills would not be likely vs equal opponents.
    The healer <-> non healer pvp fight is some other problem. But back to this topic with 20% more dmg I will kill you with a alpha in pvp. True i'll not kill a 10k hp enf in a pvp fight. But a low hp nt? Easy with 1 alpha. And if not with the alpha. Then with 2 more shoots. Hey they will cry when we kill them in 5 secs again in pvp and you know this. And on the other side hey I don't want to kill someone in 5 sec! Yes I could go and get my pvp title with no problems but well I want to earn my title. I want to play with "tactics" in pvp and I want 2-4 min pvp fights. I don't want to kill ppls in 5sec! Yes I know many soldiers would love this but I'm not! I want a fair chance in pvp and I want to be a fair chance to kill others after a long and interesting pvp fight.

One easy change in this game will solve many problems and we don't need higher ql weapons as well.

Increase the darb blue and green skill gab. A easy and fast fix! Why? Cause with a green weapon skill you will have a lot more attack rate as a doc with a dark blue skill as a example! We don't need higher ql weapons. Let them still all use a ql200 weapon but the one who was green skills on this weapon will than have 400-600 more attack rating and this will do a lot more damage!

One easy change in this game will solve many problems and we don't need higher ql weapons as well.

Increase the darb blue and green skill gab. A easy and fast fix! Why? Cause with a green weapon skill you will have a lot more attack rate as a doc with a dark blue skill as a example! We don't need higher ql weapons. Let them still all use a ql200 weapon but the one who was green skills on this weapon will than have 400-600 more attack rating and this will do a lot more damage!
    This is not an easy fix at all. The ratings for all weapons would need reviewing else level 60s will have ql200 guns. To achieve a 400-600 increase in attack rating you would need to almost double the green skill bonus (67/33).

Also on the implants you forgot to mention the bright/faded eye clusters and bright/faded hand clusters, all of which clash with nano skills or treatment. Similar situation with faded FA and BM clusters.

On my soldier all of those clusters are for combat not nanoskills. Thats 105 ponts in AR skill that a nano class would have to trade against nano skills.

So classes (like soldiers) who already complain about having equipped their QL 200 weapons by level 100, can instead complain about equipping their QL 200 weapons by level 50?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

if all you want is something that only soldiers can have, then look to the prof rings or ask for some ql1 item that looks cool. if this doesn't satisfy you, then your statement doesn't match your desires.

---

everybody has to fiddle with nano clusters and choose which skill to increase over the others. heavy nano users -can- have it worse than a soldier in this regard.

---

you don't want to kill people with your alphas? don't use them.

---

longer fights favor healers, unless the fight lasts so long that the healer runs out of stims to recharge nanopool. a doc with good stims can outheal your damage.

a long fight where you put out weak damage favors a GA fixer. a fixer can throw up a couple hots and if you are not putting out enough damage, they can use stims to recharge their nanopool and you might never kill them.

Last edited by Thyrra; Oct 4th, 2002 at 17:32:20.

I'm not level 200 yet, but I believe that Voorg has a good idea. Just please don't make 1 gun above ql 200. That would be completely retarded. The 200+ guns shouldn't be profession specific, but made so that it would be difficult for other professions to equip.. (not impossible mind you). It'd give us something to do and look forward to besides the mindless leveling and gathering of special items.
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

*flexes*

As far as I can tell, I was the first to post this idea.

Take everything in the database up to ql 250-300 and watch many of the problems disappear . . . (Why fight higher QL missions? Check! Profession difference? Check! Breed advantages? Check!(to a degree) High end advancement/variety? Check!)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Jynne
    So classes (like soldiers) who already complain about having equipped their QL 200 weapons by level 100, can instead complain about equipping their QL 200 weapons by level 50?
    I would like this Well ok increase the skills on the weapons too. Just increase the gap between a blue and a green skill as well as increasing the skills you need for the weapon.

But hell I'm feeling like fighting against windmills

Question is does anyone from Funcom actually look at the suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12