Thread: The Business

The Business

*You can see a woman...in her 40's sitting in a chair at a holo screen on the other end an old man. Looks sickly. You can tell their accent is definitely not from RubiKa*

Man: Sophia...how is my granddaughter?

Sophia: She's great...she has people here who have protected her while she was not with us. Several people look after her and are good people. I am staying with one of them.

Man: You will stay till she is ready to come home...*coughs* which...should be soon...we have business to discuss

Sophia: Papa...I know....but Samantha is...still young....those bastards....they will take advantage of her! You know this

Man: Is is not young...she is old enough....I was only 14 when I started.....too young....pfft! And they know better than to mess with my people now...they know...the Buccos' have full control...

Sophia: Okay papa...okay I will tell her

Man: I want you both back by the next Month...

Sophia: Okay Papa...okay....you get a good night sleep...I'll have Sam call you tomorrow...I love you Papa

Man: Yes yes...I love you to sweetheart...good night

*Holo goes blank and Sophia sighs. She looks over to a young girl in her teens who's sitting with two babies and an opifex*

Opifex Woman: Everything alright Sophie?

Sophia: Oh yes yes...Samantha...I need to speak with you in private

The young girl looks to the Opifex woman

Opifex: Its alright Roo... *smiles*

The young girl follows Sophia into a room...and closes the door behind them.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

*Sophie and Roo sit on the bed. Roo grabs a stuffed bear sitting on it and hugs it pulling her legs up into a crossed position*

Sophie: Roo...we need to start getting ready to go home

*Roo perks up, with a sad look*

Roo: I know....I really don't want to though....I...Im going to miss everyone

Sophie: I know sweetheart....but you can't stay here forever...besides.....grandpa needs you...and the business needs you....think of our family

*Roo smiles and nods*

Roo: I know....its for the best....*Sighs* So when do we leave?

Sophie: Well...we have to be home by the end of next month....so we have plenty of time for you to make your good byes... *smiles and gives Roo a hug*

Roo: Okay...sounds good *forces a smile*

*Sophie pats Roo on the head and gives her another hug and stands*

Sophie: Well...i'll go tell Cylie...and then I have to help her make some biscuits

Roo: okay i'll be out in a minute...I wanna try and make a call to an old friend

*Sophie nods and walks out of the room. Roo squeezes the bear tightly, her fists balling up turning red*

Roo: Why can't I make my own choices? What if I dont want to go home? What if I don't care about the business

*Roo starts to get angry but stops and takes a deep breath, counts to 3, shuts her eyes and begins to meditate*
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

((Awww Gonna miss Roo! *sadness* ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu