Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why i think the ellts nerf is good

Originally posted by Centurion3
    That was one weird argument I must say... anyway im glad they are removing the ELLTS, not because I couldnt get one but because I think they are overpowered and the gap between those that had them and the ones that didnt grew to large. With the decrease of the use of crits it should allow an wider array of weapons and more variation of people. So, good times and free grog just up ahead.
    Obviously centurion hasnt tought about the gap between the mas <> other players, and that nerfing the scope will make a whole line of weapons unviable, ipr points etc.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

That was one weird argument I must say... anyway im glad they are removing the ELLTS, not because I couldnt get one but because I think they are overpowered and the gap between those that had them and the ones that didnt grew to large. With the decrease of the use of crits it should allow an wider array of weapons and more variation of people. So, good times and free grog just up ahead.

Actually a decrease in crits nullifies whole groups of weapons. A few instantly spring to mind but there are many more.

No, Centurian3 hasn't thought out much at all, but then what can one expect from a nerfmonger. Nerfing is soooo much easier than thinking.

Don't nerf scopes

but

1. Cap crits for everyone at some reasonable % (>25% is not reasonable BTW). Give da poo widda MAs and Agents access to a bonus somehow, but a very small one. Critical chance should be highly diminished returns, i.e. in RL, the difference between a $200 scope and a $2000 one will increase your chance just to hit the target by about 5% max. and to talk about how much a scope could increase your chance to hit a target critically in RL is kinda silly.

2. Add an ArmorClass layer of crit resist modifier.

3. Go back to 100% dmg in PvP.

Scopes stay in unnerfed, fewer crits and higher resist allow PvP to last long enough to denerf Dmg and people can't really complain about balance because there will be several different ways to attain the X% cap, some of which involve no limited supply items.

Oh... not good enough, you want 40% crits, and for everyone else to have 20%, essentially to have twice the crit chance that everyone else does?? FU. Go play Diablo.

Originally posted by Firedrake
    No, Centurian3 hasn't thought out much at all, but then what can one expect from a nerfmonger. Nerfing is soooo much easier than thinking.
    Just trying to make my point, but of course you know better then funcom how to run this game, so I retract my argument.

(ps. And why cant people ever spell my name right? Geez)
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Want to know the reason i think LLTS should be nerfed?? quite simple.

2 teams are camping a drop. Both teams are identical make ups all level 200. the only difference is that 1 team has all 15% scopes while the other team has all 8% VE's The team with the scopes will win the spawn EVERY time. So now not only are the uber rare cool items owned by the one group of older players now all the new cool stuff is owned by the older group of players.

and for the majority of the playerbase getting ahold of a 15% scope is not a option.

Well now of the announced nerf it is cause everyone is dumping them to cut losses.

Re: Re: Re: Why i think the ellts nerf is good

Originally posted by Mglo

Your missing the point.
    This item was removed becase they considered it to be overpowered.
    I could get an ellts but it will probably disappear in a bug and therea re no new influx of ellts´

Things not in game should not be in game
    give me a ql 400 ve please :]
    Sarcasm or not.... FC pls remove Agents critt-buffs, they are way to overpowered... FC please remove Agents ability to go FP and use critt-buffs.... it's so unfair against those who can not....

DOH!

Just trying to make my point, but of course you know better then funcom how to run this game, so I retract my argument.
    heh...from the looks of things lately, any random 15 year old off the street could run this game better than FC.

Originally posted by Intrepid
    Both teams are identical make ups all level 200. the only difference is that 1 team has all 15% scopes while the other team has all 8% VE's The team with the scopes will win the spawn EVERY time.
    In any given conflict when all things are equal except equipment, of COURSE the folks with the better stuff will win, no matter WHAT that equipment is. As for not being able to get the scopes, I don't know about you, but I see them on sale all the time. Yes, they are VERY expensive, but what else are you going to do with your piles of credits at the very highest levels? I have an almost NO chance of getting an EoT, but I wouldn't think of asking FC to nerf that. I also have NO problem with folks that have been playing the game a very long time (and sticking with it despite FC's best attempts to nerf them out of existence) having an advantage over newer folks.

Originally posted by Firedrake
    heh...from the looks of things lately, any random 15 year old off the street could run this game better than FC.
    I wouldnt go that far, its easy to pick on the things that are wrong, but we dont apreciate the things that are right enough... the world itself is astonding methinks....
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Dark Ellph
    Take out all Ferrari F40s!

Why you ask?

1. I can't get one.
    2. If I become suddenly wealthy, I still can't get one.
    3. They stopped making them for a reason, must have been a good one...I think they wanted to reduce the dependency that hot blond chicks have for them.

Mglo,

Every time you post, you lower my opinion of you.

Get used to not being able to find a lot of things in life no matter how hard you look.

Try this. Look in the mirror at your face and then think about the chances of you finding another person that looks identical to you.

Next time your mother calls, just remember that there's only one of those too (and I'm guessing that not everyone can have her for a mother either). <Though some people may have multiple fathers, lol>

First time that girl you like had sex. Hmm.. I doubt that no matter how hard you try, you're gonna be a first for her either.

The list goes on and on

Try to justify it any way you want, but in the end, we all know you are whining cause you couldn't easily obtain one.

I saved up for 131 levels to get mine and I was d@mn happy to be able to have finally bought one.

Now that they are being nerfed, people like you are happy, lol

stfu carebear
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Originally posted by Dark Ellph
    Take out all Ferrari F40s!

Why you ask?

1. I can't get one.
    2. If I become suddenly wealthy, I still can't get one.
    3. They stopped making them for a reason, must have been a good one...I think they wanted to reduce the dependency that hot blond chicks have for them.

Mglo,

Every time you post, you lower my opinion of you.

Get used to not being able to find a lot of things in life no matter how hard you look.

Try this. Look in the mirror at your face and then think about the chances of you finding another person that looks identical to you.

Next time your mother calls, just remember that there's only one of those too (and I'm guessing that not everyone can have her for a mother either). <Though some people may have multiple fathers, lol>

First time that girl you like had sex. Hmm.. I doubt that no matter how hard you try, you're gonna be a first for her either.

The list goes on and on

Try to justify it any way you want, but in the end, we all know you are whining cause you couldn't easily obtain one.

I saved up for 131 levels to get mine and I was d@mn happy to be able to have finally bought one.

Now that they are being nerfed, people like you are happy, lol

stfu carebear
    I didnt see a single constructive point in that post, thanks for adding to the postspam.

At least i respect others for their opinion without name calling
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Ok, this is more bickering and name-calling than discussion. Closing it. Move to the other thread, and be nice, please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12