Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why i think the ellts nerf is good

Post Why i think the ellts nerf is good

Ok, here we go.

The reason i play ao is that i want to perfect my character, find all the rare items that i need to make him the perfect agent. I do not want this task to be easy or fast because then i would loose my interest in the game, as long as there is something i can improve i will continue to play. I do not wish that all items should be easily obtainable but i do think that there should be some place that drops them even if it is on a 1 year spawn.

I have looked after an ellts for a long time with no success. They are getting more and more rare by the day since they get lost in bugs etc like every other item in the game. Since there are no new influx of ellts´ they reduce in numbers. Every other item in this game that i want i CAN get because it still drops, maybe its really rare like the dragon body. But the point is that it DOES drop and i have a chance of getting it.

Sure, there are loads more ellts than there are dragon bodies, but that will change over time. Eventually there will be only 1 ellts left? Would you still think that it is possible for me to get one?

This item was removed from the game because they wanted to reduce the crit dependency on weapons. I didnt hear those who had lots of high ql ellts then? Is it because then you had an edge on others ?

In my opinion if they thought it was unbalancing then so they had to remove it from the game they should delete all those who were in game since they think they are inbalancing.

For me, it boils down to this:

They are reducing in numbers and i can NEVER find any ANYWHERE no matter how hard i work

Those who dont understand my meaning will go: "yeah its because you dont have one!"

Call me a carebear, youre cry babies :P
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Go to the tradechannels. They are flooded with scopes now. People had scopes all over their banks when they got nerfed so a lot of people have these. That noone wants to trade with you makes it right to nerf it for everyone else? GG
    ~Lone

Your missing the point, they will get more rare by time and eventually there will be only a few left, stop your crusade against fc and go play ac2. I used to have a good deal of respect for your opinion and your attitutde Noer but now you just seem blinded by fc hate =\

Originally posted by Mglo
    Your missing the point, they will get more rare by time and eventually there will be only a few left, stop your crusade against fc and go play ac2. I used to have a good deal of respect for your opinion and your attitutde Noer but now you just seem blinded by fc hate =\
    I don't care if they are rare or not. Let the VE drop in QL400 if you want. The nerf is removing a complete direction of viable line of guns. Fast - crit or die guns.

You can call me whiner or whatever. Im not like you just bending over and accepting the crap Funcom are pulling on their customers.
    ~Lone

Then i would be more than satisfied Noer :]

Noer seems to be the only one getting the point.

Everyone seems to automatically assume the scopes are overpowered when in fact they are not. The reason i'm opposed to the nerf is not because my godhood is taken away, but the fact that using my favourite gun (the ithaca) will no longer be viable.

To take an example: If I were to fight a mob selfbuffed with my ithaca and scope, I would be hitting for crap damage the most of the hits, but every once in a while a crit would come along and make up for all the crappy hits. Now if I changed to a HD and possibly a TIM scope I would do much better regular damage and not be so reliant on the crits, and the crits I do get would be higher than with the ithaca. The bottom line is it all evens out, heck I'm sure the HD/TIM scope combination would come out a bit better even.

Throwing in crit buffs would increase the crit for both scenarios, so that doesn't make a difference.

I do however realize that in some combinations the crit scopes may be perceived as overpowered, but nerfing the scopes all over the line will only hurt those people not using them in a such a fashion, and as Noer states will make a whole line of guns not viable.

I also agree that it sucks that they don't drop anymore making them hard to get. A better solution I think would be to make them drop again and adjust who can use them and in what combinations, but that I guess would be too much work for FC and nerfing them entirely is just so much easier.
    Don Jinxster Juan - Solitus Trader - Omni RK1

Nolan Necrogar Danczak - Opifex Martial Artist - Omni RK1

// TODO: Put some funny line here

Re: Why i think the ellts nerf is good

Ok, here we go.

I have looked after an ellts for a long time with no success. They are getting more and more rare by the day since they get lost in bugs etc like every other item in the game. Since there are no new influx of ellts´ they reduce in numbers. Every other item in this game that i want i CAN get because it still drops, maybe its really rare like the dragon body. But the point is that it DOES drop and i have a chance of getting it.
    Get dragon body (you don't whine about that and consider that more feasible), make post on rk1 exchange:

dragon body in exchange for 15% crit scope.

Wait a few hours. Have scope + nice amount of creds.

There are probably 10 times as many scopes in the game as there will be dragon bodies after 4 years.

Silly post.

I decided to get me a scope and I got in 15 hours after I posted that i wanted to buy one....wasn´t really hard..

Just can´t see why they wanna nerf it....

FC plz take out TMS from game too! then I am the perfect gimp!
    moon meeh

Re: Re: Why i think the ellts nerf is good

Originally posted by Hayake

Get dragon body (you don't whine about that and consider that more feasible), make post on rk1 exchange:

dragon body in exchange for 15% crit scope.

Wait a few hours. Have scope + nice amount of creds.

There are probably 10 times as many scopes in the game as there will be dragon bodies after 4 years.

Silly post.
    Your missing the point.
    This item was removed becase they considered it to be overpowered.
    I could get an ellts but it will probably disappear in a bug and therea re no new influx of ellts´

Things not in game should not be in game
    give me a ql 400 ve please :]

I'm glad you listed your chars mglo, now I know who to avoid in the future. I don't like teaming with idiots.

Sorry, not buying the argument that because some folks may have difficult acquiring these they need to be nerfed. Not buying that they are overpoerwer. Not buying into FC's constant NERF, NERF, NERF attitude. This is a dumb call by FC, period. I've no doubt that they will lose even more of their already small playerbase due to this. I also doubt that they will attract a lot of new players into the game when word gets around that you can't depend only keeping anything good in this game, if it upsets a handful of crybaby PvP'ers.

Firedrake, you missed my point and proved my point :]

First, you say theyre not overpowered then you say "when word gets around that you can't depend only keeping anything good in this game"

I interpret that as you dont think the new ve´s are good?
    :>

Firedrake, you missed my point and proved my point :]

First, you say theyre not overpowered then you say "when word gets around that you can't depend only keeping anything good in this game"

I interpret that as you dont think the new ve´s are good?
    :>
    Good != overpowered
    Don Jinxster Juan - Solitus Trader - Omni RK1

Nolan Necrogar Danczak - Opifex Martial Artist - Omni RK1

// TODO: Put some funny line here

hmmm...then reading comprehension must not be your strong suit, Mglo.

Saying that they are not overpowered doesn't mean that they aren't good. I never said anywhere that for something to be good it has to be overpowered. Yes, ve's are good, but so what? A Lexus is a good car, but I wouldn't trade a Rolls Royce for one. I'm almost afraid to say ve's or ANYTHING is good though, a FC dev might read this and decide to nerf it.
    Last edited by Firedrake; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 14:47:51.

Originially posted by Jinx
    Good != overpowered

Exactly correct.

Mglo llts where never unbalanced the problem was funcom....
    They see lvl 200 players in some month but they want to keep us in this game for years so what they do ? They lower our damage output by nerfing llts. Now they see it wasn't enough so they nerf again....

BTW i want to nerf Edge of the Tarasque it is overpowered but the most important is that i can't have one cause it don't spawn anymore !!! No it's a joke, i'm not an Mglo

Lachaude doc 152 rk2
    Labonne engin 133 rk2
    Labrutte enf 125 rk2

I never stated that the ellts are overpowered. I dont think they are.

I stated that they removed them from the game and that they either need to remove all that are in game or make them available in any way.

Btw drake, if you refuse to team with me and call me an idiot because i disagree with you then youre not a very nice person.

Please join us in the new thread. That makes it a lot easier for me to gather the feedback for the designers.

Thank you.

Take out all Ferrari F40s!

Why you ask?

1. I can't get one.
    2. If I become suddenly wealthy, I still can't get one.
    3. They stopped making them for a reason, must have been a good one...I think they wanted to reduce the dependency that hot blond chicks have for them.

Mglo,

Every time you post, you lower my opinion of you.

Get used to not being able to find a lot of things in life no matter how hard you look.

Try this. Look in the mirror at your face and then think about the chances of you finding another person that looks identical to you.

Next time your mother calls, just remember that there's only one of those too (and I'm guessing that not everyone can have her for a mother either). <Though some people may have multiple fathers, lol>

First time that girl you like had sex. Hmm.. I doubt that no matter how hard you try, you're gonna be a first for her either.

The list goes on and on

Try to justify it any way you want, but in the end, we all know you are whining cause you couldn't easily obtain one.

I saved up for 131 levels to get mine and I was d@mn happy to be able to have finally bought one.

Now that they are being nerfed, people like you are happy, lol

stfu carebear

That was one weird argument I must say... anyway im glad they are removing the ELLTS, not because I couldnt get one but because I think they are overpowered and the gap between those that had them and the ones that didnt grew to large. With the decrease of the use of crits it should allow an wider array of weapons and more variation of people. So, good times and free grog just up ahead.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast