Thread: [RK2] OTPC: Alien sympathisers in Borealis.

[RK2] OTPC: Alien sympathisers in Borealis.

Alien sympathisers in Borealis.
    August 20, 29483 - [Rimor]

OTPC – Louila Adamson – Borealis - The order in the city of Borealis is disturbed as some citizens attempt to make a public display of civil disobedience by calling into question the efforts of Rubi-Ka's brave defenders.

A group of citizens that call themselves Alien Solidarity League gathered in Borealis last week, shouting slogans at passing loyal citizens, urging them not to engage alien invasion forces in combat in case of an attack. Later on, the group formed a circle in the street singing and chanting, claiming that this was an effort to “encourage our alien brothers to come and visit us in peace.”

“We call for every forward-thinking Rubi-Kan inhabitant to welcome these visitors from the starts with open arms, and not - as they have so far been greeted - with firearms” stated one of the members of the group.

“Next time you are lucky enough to receive a visit from our extraterrestrial cousins, why not try to communicate instead of eradicate? Who knows what we may learn from each other? Have you hugged an alien today?” said another.

The group's actions may have seemed humorous to most citizens, however to a loyal, ever vigilant Omni-Tek employee can easily recognise them as potentially damaging to the local community and the society as a whole.

According to Omni-Pol officer Ambrose “Ryuahn” Burnside, who was present there, the group does not present immediate threat.

“They're just putting forth a mission statement and as you can see, not a lot of other people have joined the cause” he said. “Now if there was a widespread rebellion in support of their mission? Then perhaps. This planet has no room for extraterrestrials” he added.

It is comforting to know that Omni-Tek security personnel are keeping an eye out for us everywhere, especially in a cosmopolitan city such as Borealis. The vastly diverse citizenship may become misguided and mislead. It is our duty to shepherd them back to civilisation.

Louila Adamson, OTPC.

I'd like to watch some of these guys greet the next green crusade with hearts and flowers, i could use the tension relief of watching a bunch of alien-huggers taking the fast train to reclaim.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I'd like to watch some of these guys greet the next green crusade with hearts and flowers, i could use the tension relief of watching a bunch of alien-huggers taking the fast train to reclaim.
    This.

We are here to protect the lives of Innocent Rubi-ka civilians! It is an outrage the these people think the Alien Invaders are here on peace terms and that it is WE who are in the wrong!
    Last edited by Raggeh; Aug 20th, 2009 at 16:23:37.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy48 View Post
    This.

We are here to protect the lives of Innocent Rubi-ka civilians! It is an outrage the these people think the Alien Invaders are here on peace terms and that it is WE who are in the wrong!
    Wel from personal experience the majority of Aliens aren't here peacefully and intend to eradicate humanity on Rubi-ka.

However, like humans they too would seem to have their own factions that don't always agree on things, so far we've mostly had dealings with the Xenocidal (at least from their perspective) faction. However, conversation with them may be possible, but first they'd have to be willing to talk, they are after all generally the aggressors, not us.

But if they show a willingness to talk, be reasonable and make peace, then I would be willing to respond in kind.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Well, if someone ELSE wants to run the nigh-suicidal risk of making peaceful diplomatic contact with the aliens, I'm all for it. It just means less danger for me to place myself in.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

We torment them with silos full of food, then when they arrive we stand between them and their food. Wouldn't you be a little grumpy after getting an invitation then being denied?
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    We torment them with silos full of food, then when they arrive we stand between them and their food. Wouldn't you be a little grumpy after getting an invitation then being denied?
    Um........ wha? What food? Do they eat Notum? And since did we "offer" them or "torment them with" anything?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

In our city CCs, we fill it up and they eat it.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    In our city CCs, we fill it up and they eat it.
    Wut? You pour notum in your CC?

When aliens attack Lumen city, they try to hack the city controller and the code gets damaged. To recompile the code in your CC, try using a recompiler unit instead of pouring notum in. It might have better results.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien