Thread: Balancing issues

Balancing issues

Professions are not balanced and certain classes are too complacent. Read the forums. NTs are overall very unhappy whil MAs are very complacent. give NTs some much needed love by giving them either better damage or a better HE so they dont run out of nano quite so fast. Havent tested out nano delta implants but i hope its at least gives the much needed assist to NTs nano capacity.
    If there ever was a prof to nerf itd be nerfing the crits on mas, they are just way too complacent with their class and having weak trade skills is not a disadvantage since trade skills generally suck anyways. Mas not being able to use scopes may be a good move since they already crit for so much. its strange but once u get over 30% crit it seems you actually crit less. maybe another bug.
    EVERYONE uses shotguns later on. i c shotgun wielding agents, mps, NTs, every profession. I wish to see a bigger advantage to using the less common weapons out there by releasing more class specific weapons or decent weapons that isnt referred to as trash one sells to dealers all the time. class specific weapons are nice i just hate to see so many people using the same weapons past 150.

NTs would be ok with some smallish changes

Well, I can only speak for low-level NTs here (<50), but so far from playing an NT:

It seems to *mostly* be fine. I can solo and be useful in a team. I don't PvP. But some things I would like changes on:

1) Enfraam's takes up a ridicuous amount of NCU compared to the effect.

2) A major line of nanos, the range increasers, are totally useless. After you boost the 25m nanos to have 40m range (the game limit), there is no sense running better ones. FC should either rethink the whole range thing, or replace the higher-lvl range increasers with something. Maybe something like (3) below.

It's ok that some nanos are less effective than others, but no nano should be 100% useless in the game. If nothing else, just remove them.

3) The Dark Movement nano should be a line of nanos, not just one.

4) HE output could maybe be boosted a bit, but it's quite useful already.

5) I'm not sure about the usefulness of the blinds. They only last for 10+ seconds, and their effect seems to be minimal. Maybe if they were *very* cheap nano-wise, or had a longer duration? In addition, the blinds draw aggro very easily - maybe this should be fixed, it further reduces their usefulness. Besides, how do *blinded* mobs instantly know who to attack?

6) A low-level version of the Layered protection line would be nice.

7) The bosses being immune (not resistant, but totally immune) to calms, roots, etc makes them almost impossible for NTs. They already have a high NR, why do they need total immunity? It ruins things for lots of other professions, too, crats especially.

So, with some fairly minor changes I would be a happy camper. I'm sure high-lvl NTs have more complaints, can't speak for that. A lot of problems probably begin after lvl 100 or so.

Angry Im tired of this....

NO MORE NERFS!

All I hear anymore is "Nerf this class FC" "Nerf that item FC"

Enough nerfing!

Yeah I think it sucks to see people using all the same crap at 150+... but put away the nerf bat.
    You can do anything at Zombo

Re: Balancing issues

Originally posted by superrock
    Professions are not balanced and certain classes are too complacent. Read the forums. NTs are overall very unhappy whil MAs are very complacent. give NTs some much needed love by giving them either better damage or a better HE so they dont run out of nano quite so fast. Havent tested out nano delta implants but i hope its at least gives the much needed assist to NTs nano capacity.
    If there ever was a prof to nerf itd be nerfing the crits on mas, they are just way too complacent with their class and having weak trade skills is not a disadvantage since trade skills generally suck anyways. Mas not being able to use scopes may be a good move since they already crit for so much. its strange but once u get over 30% crit it seems you actually crit less. maybe another bug.
    EVERYONE uses shotguns later on. i c shotgun wielding agents, mps, NTs, every profession. I wish to see a bigger advantage to using the less common weapons out there by releasing more class specific weapons or decent weapons that isnt referred to as trash one sells to dealers all the time. class specific weapons are nice i just hate to see so many people using the same weapons past 150.
    Where do us soljas fit in wiw da lubbin?

But regarding the HE - I don't think its the running out of nano as much as the running out of HP's thats the issue for NT's (speaking lvl 150+ here)

Just a thought

NTs:

1. Running out of nano is an issue in PvM, but not in PvP.

2. Poor defence is an issue in PvP, but not in PvM.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

I like the fact you want NT loving, but you brought up MA nerfing... Im no MA... but FC has done pleantly to nerf whats in the game already.

BTW : are soldiers getting some lovin in 14.6?
    You can do anything at Zombo