View Poll Results: Pick your nightclub name!

Voters
689. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elevate

10 1.45%
  • Equinox

92 13.35%
  • The Grind

232 33.67%
  • Aurora

78 11.32%
  • Solaris

76 11.03%
  • Nexus

59 8.56%
  • Gravity

38 5.52%
  • Daybreak

34 4.93%
  • Photon

14 2.03%
  • Pulse

56 8.13%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Aug. 14th, 2009: Now with 60% more content!

OH no, it fits perfectly because of the irony of your statements. AO is not a serious game, just look to the description of the items for proof of that, It needs something to make people take the game less serious and have a giggle.

Having said that Im not sure why Photon made it but the others did not.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    My Vote is for 'The Evening Star'

It complements the Morningstar station well, it sounds pretty damn cool, it pays homage to a useful item in game, and it sounds a lot classier than the other options.
    I wonder how many votes that would have received if it had been one of the choices. There are already a few people in this thread (me included) that said they would have voted for it if it had been available. I think it would have received a good number of votes.

better choice is to choose the name from the
    Top 10 - The Most Famous Night Clubs in the World

look at Google
    http://www.thefreshpage.com/blog/dja...s-in-the-world
    http://www.journeyetc.com/travel-tip...ds-nightclubs/
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-10---T...rld&id=1584450

the other 10 names we have to pick are real GRIND

Quote Originally Posted by Mistiz View Post
    Not true.
    Clearly you've never explored a cave or the country side for that matter. There comes a point when there is so few photons that we (humans) can't see at all. You can poke yourself in the eye without seeing your finger. If we got rid of photons all together it would mean that every other creature with better reception then us would be in the same boat.

Thus the total lack of light (photons) is much darker then the existence of some light. We do not need light to make shadows, shadow is the absence of light.

@ Phuriae

I know you need a good cry but why don't you join Xyphos in the growing up process. He's at least realized he was going a bit overboard.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by drakonman View Post
    If those head models are what characters with the new engine gonna look like, then i'm expecting the new engine for nothing. I thought the new engine is supposed to bring the game to the 21st century, not from 1992 to 1996.
    FC has stated that most of the textures aren't getting replaced. There are exceptions such as trees and toon bodies and the like, but otherwise don't count on new textures. The new engine is going to improve how the current textures are displayed. Many of the actual textures are of very good quality it's just that the engine used to display them is crap.

An example would be like going to a movie. The actors may be wearing top notch costumes but if the projector used to play the movie is only black and white, you won't get the full effect.

The new engine would be like upgrading the projector, but not the costumes...and in that sense, it should be a large improvement over what we see today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    All it takes is logic and a basic understanding of what graphics is made up of.
    If you think that redesigning some character models calls for recoding the whole game, then obviously you lack that "basic understanding" that you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    We do not need light to make shadows
    Shadow; n. darkness caused when light is blocked by an opaque object

pew!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

teaser image > pink pocket knife
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    If you think that redesigning some character models calls for recoding the whole game, then obviously you lack that "basic understanding" that you speak of.
    Jeez, at least read the stuff you reply to.

First of all, the topic was not "some character models". The topic was updating the graphics of AO to be on par with a new game like Aion.

Secondly, I didn't say "calls for recoding the whole game". I said "Problems with such graphics is that FC would have to remake the entire game except the basic coding to make that work". Which is the exact opposite of what you thought I said.

You should also keep in mind that you can't make AO characters look like Aion characters or AoC characters without updating the ingame world to match. Aion or AoC characters in AO's world like it is today or even with the engine update would be like playing Crysis but having all enemy characters be 2d cutouts from doom 1.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    Shadow; n. darkness caused when light is blocked by an opaque object

pew!
    You do realize that supports my argument. When light is blocked; ie NO LIGHT.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Perhaps this diagram could clear things up.

How Shadows Work, ©1903, Stephen Hawking
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Speaking of Aion.. Does this look oddly familiar to anyone else, sans the retarded armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    You do realize that supports my argument. When light is blocked; ie NO LIGHT.
    Wrong, you said that you don't need light to create shadows. I'd like you to try to make a shadow in a completely dark room.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

"The Grind" sound like a perfect name, if FC changes its mind and decided to put it in Omni-Entertainment's Red Light district.

Look, guys, The Grind won for a reason...

...Maybe funcom won't actually make the new tl5 armor set impossible to get, you know? Without grinding that is
    Miscalced - 207/16 Keeper

The grind is such an unbelievably terrible name, please... someone with some sense needs to make an executive decision before it's too late.

Seriously think about it, you're a roleplayer Brad, would your character EVER go into a club called "The Grind" 'cos I know it would be a cold day in hell before mine did.

You seriously want them to reconsider an honest, truthful, fair vote because you can't figure out how to RP with it?

Wow....
    Miscalced - 207/16 Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    Perhaps this diagram could clear things up.

How Shadows Work, ©1903, Stephen Hawking
    Good picture. now even Ayria will understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirura View Post
    Speaking of Aion.. Does this look oddly familiar to anyone else, sans the retarded armor?
    Klod?
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Wrong, you said that you don't need light to create shadows. I'd like you to try to make a shadow in a completely dark room.
    QFT, shoots down the argument completely. Shadows are made because an object is blocking the source of the light. DARKNESS is the absense of light, but a shadow needs light in order to be formed in the first place.

and for the record, I didn't even vote for the grind. It wasn't my favorite. I voted for Solaris because it sounded cool
    Last edited by Regidoc; Aug 16th, 2009 at 16:47:30.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Klod?
    Yes, honey?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    Yes, honey?
    They posted your pic, nothing special, get back under the bridge
    i R not spik engrish

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast