View Poll Results: Pick your nightclub name!

Voters
689. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elevate

10 1.45%
  • Equinox

92 13.35%
  • The Grind

232 33.67%
  • Aurora

78 11.32%
  • Solaris

76 11.03%
  • Nexus

59 8.56%
  • Gravity

38 5.52%
  • Daybreak

34 4.93%
  • Photon

14 2.03%
  • Pulse

56 8.13%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Aug. 14th, 2009: Now with 60% more content!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    NOT

Yes Aimed Shot gets it with the Mean(s) Nerf Stick!

So a big Slap in the face for all Soldiers, Fixers and Martial Artists, not a huge problem for all other Profs.
    To be honest I don't play an MA but I'm not sure how this is a slap in the face to them, yeah they use Aimed shot, but unlike Agents and Soldiers, they don't use Full Auto and/or Sneak Attack as far as I know?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Last edited by Nevo-RK3; Aug 15th, 2009 at 01:49:27.
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    To be honest I don't play an MA but I'm not sure how this is a slap in the face to them, yeah they use Aimed shot, but unlike Agents and Soldiers, they don't use Full Auto and/or Sneak Attack as far as I know?
    On RK2 the good ones use SoFC too.

I doubt it is much different on RK1, for example this Snoopdooog I heard some about surely uses SoFC+Sapph too?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Interesting post on roleplaying, especially on top of the ARK-player meeting this evening.

I look forward to the AS nerf with anticipation, in my hopes that means a tuneup of many professions

Good to hear that the club will include surgery clinics, GMS and bank terminals, even the 1 bil orbital apartments do not have a surgery clinic, so I bet a lot of people will go there, if it turns out to be a convenient place to be.
    No matter what, I think and hope Glass Floor by Karma Inquisition (LTK) will be played a lot in those new surroundings.
    Hearing that song again makes me think that the club maybe should have a sign saying: "No skirts allowed".
    For obvious reasons, as it has 3 floating transparent dancefloors.

On the club name; I can only agree with those saying this:
    Ebondevil: As for the poll, is there an Option for 'None of the above'?
    SirNegs: I'll agree I didn't like the options that were presented, I just picked the grind because I disliked that one the least

Having to pick one of the above, I choose "Nexus", in honour of Nexeus, but there were so many other good names suggested.
    Again, that rationale has nothing to do with the name, but just that we had a really nice and good player once, that is now doing well in the DJ business.

I hope we will get to know it as "TG" and not the real name..
    that might also confuse some to not meet at Trade Gridpost

Thank you for all the information.. it took quite a while to read.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. Just noticed Nexeus took his music off acidplanet.com, you can get it here now.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Atroxhead looks nice.

5m credz that teaserimage is an 1h'edge Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Pff you got it from me on IRC
    I did not, http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimensio...e=Sirpineapple 2005-05-13 He use to be my MP that I never leveled, now he's my trader I havnt leveled!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

The new atrox heads seems to be sweet, thumbs up!
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Any ETA on the 500 FA for envy Kintaii?
    220/30/70 Fixer RK 2

Quote Originally Posted by Saharinka View Post
    any news about fixer prof rebalancing?
    What's a fixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Nah, im just awesome with names, example my trader is named SirPineapple.
    While I think "the grind" is cool (not what I voted for though), I can't imagine wanting to brag about my trader being named as a pineapple. Well, I guess maybe it's cool if you were a "fruity" kind of guy.

I'm not sure if the heads are just teasers and the new engine will be out sometime in 2011.

I'm also not sure if the prof balancing is going the right way.

I'm not even sure if all the good talk about storyline and roleplaying is going to happen or if it's just talk.

But I can't help it, it's working for me. I am so happy you guys are actually getting the grasp of customer service and interacting with the player base so much better than before.

Of course, there's always areas to improve in...the email petitioning is still really bad, I wrote an absolutely perfect letter regarding some missing veteran points with a very polite tone and all the information included and never got a single reply.

Still, it seems you guys have chosen to interact with players directly and regularly and keep us in the loop and I can't stress enough how big a deal that is. That's great for us and it's going to work in your favor as well. AO is not a game for the masses, it's too complicated for that...it makes it that much more important for the dev team to listen and talk with the players too.

Keep telling us what you guys are up to, spend time on the forums reading what we say and come talk to random people in-game as well because not everyone is on the forums. I know all this takes heaps of time but the continuous interraction with the playerbase makes a huge difference to how we, the players, approach the whole game.

There's still a lot to be corrected but there was a time when I was certain AO servers are going to merge and shut down before long. I still think we need some serious advertisement after the engine-update to inject new players into the game but I feel that currently you guys are doing a good enough job at keeping the old players in the loop that the quitting-rate is slowing down in the long run.

Keep up the good work and figure out a way to make the player-based newbie support system work along with getting some serious advertisement going after the graphics update and we may yet see a new dawn of fresh players here, securing the future of Rubi-Ka for another few years to come. =)

Kind regards

Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    With the new changes, once one of these three special attacks has been used, neither it or the other two may be used for the duration of the lockout.
    Epic Fail on so many levels, I lost count.

Aimed Shot and Sneak Attack in PvP should work with PvM mechanics.
    Eg, must be performed whilist sneaking and the target must not be aware of your presence; (perception check)

there's your "nerf" that works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A totally different topic below:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plus I don't see "Club Mitkr" in the votes (RkTim's club he so blantantly picketed for)

here's some reasons why the existing poll options suck:
    Elevate - a VERB, not a NOUN. (Verb = action word, Noun = Person, PLACE or Thing)
    Equinox - a time of year when both day and night are about equal in duration
    The Grind - we get enough of this on planet, why go here and remind us of this?
    Aurora - a natural phenomena that occurs with refracted solar radiation
    Solaris - the Operating System? expect a lawsuit with this one.
    Nexus - Former GSP DJ? Why is the club named after him? he didn't picket for it.
    Gravity - I can't dispute this one, since orbit = falling around an object due to gravity and centrifugal force, would make sense.
    Daybreak - you're gonna name a Nightclub "Daybreak" ? /facepalm
    Photon - light partical. see "Daybreak"
    Pulse - haha. good one. the club would be popular for a while then dry out like "Will to fight" I suppose the name is fitting.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Aug 15th, 2009 at 10:45:58.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

except you cant change the sneak speed so while AS would continue to be usable SA would not.

On top of that there are all sorts of Hide/unhide exploits that it would just take too much effort for them to fix them all.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I have a "RP KILLER" tshirt irl
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Epic Fail on so many levels, I lost count.
    Yes, your post really did live up to that.

Are you seriously going to get into semantics about naming something? Really? Why don't you pick apart how everyone adventures as much as an Adventurer and thus they don't live up to their name. Or how there's very little Anarchy in the game. Or how Shadowlands has a sun.

The main think you "fail" at is realizing that Proper Names are not restricted to verb or noun or any definition. Names don't have to be descriptive of what goes on there or what it does.

Or is this all just some rage attack because "Club Mitkr" wasn't in the votes and you have some obsession with RKTim.
    Last edited by Ayria; Aug 15th, 2009 at 07:38:39.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I know I missed some things over the last few weeks or more while I've been doing rk4 things, but while I'm aware of the fact that the new playfield is meant to be a levelling area from 150-200 (I'll solo it and keep soloing it, thank you.), but that there's new daily missions going to be implemented.

I'm curious if these are meant to be some sort of anti-grind mechanism where folks who have family, employment, school, etc, can actually continue to participate in the game without having to spend 20 hours out of the day grinding? To engage in a bit of corpspeak: What's the vision behind the new PF and missions? Alternative to bashing rocks for 150 levels? A way to let more casual gamers have a hope of keeping up with the the hard-core crowd?

While I'm aware that Genele and Metaing are currently dueling ala Grammaton Clerics outta Equilibrium, I'm also curious if there's any new news re: prof rebalancing ideas or will we have to go track down Means to find out more tidbits? (Oh, don't worry, that'll be easy, the voodoo dolls help a lot!) Some professions got a bit of reworking, others are desperate to know what lies in store for them. Gief Intel, as some would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Though I usually don't do the whole "name dropping" thing, lemme toss out a few nicks: Dante Karall, Kochren Cord of D6, Korbensen, Keelee, Aideen Landau
    So dude, that was like totally awesome. With lazor reets and stuff. Now you're like a npc now?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Or how Shadowlands has a sun.
    The sun is a very important part in the manufacture of shadows!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    The sun is a very important part in the manufacture of shadows!
    And that sun is in a constant eclipse, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no such thing as a dictionary in AO.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Please, for the love of god, do not hold back the engine too much because of low-end computers. My suggestion really would be not to take pc's with a clocking speed of 1,4GHz or lower into account. Because they are old slugs which should have ceased to exist a few years ago.

I understand you don't wish to scare away the current playerbase with low-end pc's by upgrading the engine. However, do remember that a nice engine has a good chance of bringing in more new players as well. And I, for one, run Anarchy Online on a 900MHz piece of trash, mind you. However, I am prepared to buy a new system when the new engine comes out.

And to all of those who run AO on pieces of trash (like me), honestly, consider upgrading your machines. You can buy a quad-core 2,66GHz PC for 750 euro's if you look in the right places (w/o OS so get Ubuntu, it's free!). Not to mention single-core processors of around 2 GHz. 200-300 euro's should be more than enough.

And no, I didn't take graphic cards or RAM into account here. Because they are both cheap and easy to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I failed reading comprehension
    Scroll up, take your time.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast