View Poll Results: Pick your nightclub name!

Voters
689. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elevate

10 1.45%
  • Equinox

92 13.35%
  • The Grind

232 33.67%
  • Aurora

78 11.32%
  • Solaris

76 11.03%
  • Nexus

59 8.56%
  • Gravity

38 5.52%
  • Daybreak

34 4.93%
  • Photon

14 2.03%
  • Pulse

56 8.13%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Aug. 14th, 2009: Now with 60% more content!

That sounds like fixer love in pvp! Take them the love away you gived them

I <3 you Kintaii

Seriously, big up for giving roleplayers the spotlight we've lacked. I don't honestly care about the whole Aimed Shot deal at all, far more concerned about the RP/storyline issue and the new pretty fancy engine and the awesome new faces! You guys rock.

Ha! You are Aideen! <3 Nice stuff.

While i didn't vote for "The Grind". I did think of something fun and funny that could be put in it IF it wins (I voted for Nexus).

A mini-game/quest you can initiate every 24hrs in the nightclub that upon completion gives a 4hr XP buff that does not terminate on death. Figured it'd be a fun way to poke at it's own name!
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

Thank you for the updates and the reasurances that fc realises how much we care about the game. Personally I'm quite interested in seeing how the changes to aimed shot and other ballancing techniques will work out. I've always resisted the idea of needing to have aimed shot on every toon I pvp with in order to compete. In some situations I know this has gimped my toons...but I have enjoyed building my toons around their own class abilities. It should be fun to see how things progress.

On a side note... Piles of Zixes swarming through OA and other cities... Oh the memories of reclaim that thought brings back... many many visits to reclaim and a few last second fixer meeps as well. Thanks for the fun of those you were behind in the past.

New Engin question.

I just have to ask..

I'm guessing that like most other designers you guys use 3DS Max or equivalent to make your meshes in.
    Then export to (insert engine-name here)
    And if so, did you save your 3dsmax files?
    Cause that would speed things up so you just make a new plugin for the new engine and just export all the stuff to the new one..

I'm asking cause i remember it was said, that you had to do all work from scratch again, and one of the devs was so very happy about his rock..

I would love to see the artists come up with a revamped version of the Atrox head with the red-out eye and the tattoo surrounding it; I'll update my avatar to show it. It's probably my favorite Atrox head and I can't wait to see what it'll look like under the upcoming engine changes.

Great post by the way and DEATHLY glad they're going to test it on testlive to make sure it doesn't screw up the game. If FunCom coders or other employees are seeing this post though, pay particular attention to how this will affect Agents, Doctors, and Traders, since they either depend on AimedShot for a majority of their PVP damage (Doctors especially) or are masters at it (Agent). Nerf it too hard and you bring these 3 professions crashing down.
    Last edited by Saetos; Aug 14th, 2009 at 19:16:08.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Based on the post, I don't think it will change things that much. It simply sounds like people won't be able to AS then FA right after it. They're using a shared timer/lockout period. It would be for those people that are using FA, then swapping to another weapon for the AS. Anyone that would use that single special wouldn't notice a difference. But that's just how I read that.
    Last edited by Regidoc; Aug 14th, 2009 at 19:40:24.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

The important thing to remember is: KINTAII IS NERFING AS!

(On the bright side now I get to try out that vodoo doll i was thinking of with a pitbull stuck to the crotch)

wow, loads of text, and good stuff, cant wait!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

I have nothing to say but I'm going to post a reply anyway. Booyah!

That last picture looks like the Doubble AS tigress!
    FINALY!!!!!!!!!
    Now we can start whine about that it's missing full auto!!!!

Side note's, none of the names of that club is any good.
    Just go with smokers lounge.

Everyone is an honarary member of it anyways.
    Open an account: $9
    Play the game: $10/month
    Follow FC development on AO: Priceless.

any news about fixer prof rebalancing?
    Advisor of Punk

Saharinka 220/30/70 - lovechild
    Fixerinka 220/30/70 - pew-pew
    Phia - 220/30/70 - always tanking
    Roxxxette - 165/23/42 - little advy
    Amurka - tradeskilling monkey

So...after Means mentioned the AS changes to come, leaving many professions unsure of their future...you repost the portion of AS changes we already knew in addition to the fact that they won't happen anytime soon? How is this useful
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    ...but I do wanna let you all know that we're going to start taking some information from the game client fairly soon regarding the types of computers you guys utilize - Ram, graphics card, processor; hardware specs in general....
    Does this mean we'll finally get a proper launcher that actually recognizes our graphics cards?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=102
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by Saharinka View Post
    any news about fixer prof rebalancing?
    That would be after everything else has been done, the so called Fixer adjustments was a joke.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Jesus...even with new faces atrox looks terribly :/
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Ha! You are Aideen! <3 Nice stuff.
    Only up until around mid-2007 or so - Since then he's been played by another one of our really talented Events guys (who I'll leave anonymous for various reasons. ).
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Woot ! VERY nice Fwm, Kin !!

So much concrete news, that totally make the previous week empty Fwm forgiven

Can't wait to see new pf & AS hit test server ---
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast