Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Aug. 7th, 2009: how did this get here i am not good with com

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Decade

A fitting name actually. Named it for how many times 98% of the playerbase will visit it.
    220/30 Atrox Enforcer
    President of Hells Heroes
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    (in regards to blunt fixes)

I am now carefully watching to see when Scoope resets to 2he...then i will patch out the fixes. ;p

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: insertclubnamesuggestionhere

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Totality

http://www.answers.com/totality 3rd definition.

since the logo in this pic: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...9&d=1248467007 looks like an eclipse...

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: The Evening Star

Not credited to me, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Talita View Post
    My suggestion for the name of the new night club is "The Evening Star".
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

So I want to issue a challenge of sorts to all the lurkers out there: Post! Seriously, come in, drop a line, say hey, whatever - If you've never posted on the forums before, then get started right here. =) Few things would make my weekend better than logging into the forums tomorrow and seeing a bunch of new nicks posting in this thread.

Be carefull what you wish for!

my 2 pennys-

We don't need another nightclub, stop wasting valuable time on it!

Things I want to see worked on-

1) sort out the Instance Beast lair exit exit..fail..exit..fail...exit..fail..exit...fail.. come on plz!!

2) get the symbs in game for ppl lvl 117(ql 160)....says they should be in game but they aint!

3) Albtraum quest rewards for most proffs are worthless, give everyone 100 AAO.

4) nerf evades (ye I said it) or leave AS/SA.

First proper post hope you liked it

And welcome to FWoM

Kintaii how about you smack Famine around a bit?
    It's been awfully quiet in the screenshot competition thread, we're waiting on the winners announcement

PS, ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: REvolution

Dammit, was in a meeting so missed being first.

One day soon i tell thee!
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Wipe

Make some occasional mean mob spawn events there also!

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Novatron

Hooray for paying attention to the RP community! It's been too long since the storyline had any progress and there's only so much that the ARKs can do by themselves. <3 Kintaii <3

Quote Originally Posted by shamenOTC View Post

1) sort out the Instance Beast lair exit exit..fail..exit..fail...exit..fail..exit...fail.. come on plz!!

2) get the symbs in game for ppl lvl 117(ql 160)....says they should be in game but they aint!

The people who do the main work on something like the Nightclub can't work on items #1 nor #4. And probably don't work on #2 nor #3.

Graphic Artist != Coder != Quest Designer != Game Director != Item Designer

In fact, I would make this educated guess that the reason the Graphics folks have the extra time on their hands to do stuff like the nightclub is precisely because the Coders are at work on things given to them by the Quest and/or Game designers related to the behind the scenes stuff related to balancing, bugs, etc.

While some of those functions might be cross-functional and handled by the same actual person, I am willing to bet that the ones that aren't cross-functional are the Coders and the Graphic Designers. Meaning stopping work on the nightclub would have no beneficial effect on the issues you brought up.

Might there be other places they would be better utilized? Sure. But none of it would affect actual gameplay issues with the -possible- exception of fixing broken geography in a few places.

I mean ... I guess they could make the graphic artists go update the database with QL160 symbs and then update the loot tables to make them drop. They COULD make them go create new items. They could also tell them to go search the game code for why the Beast lair exit is so effed up. They could even tell them to update the PvP rules engine to change how AS and evades work. But I don't think you want them to. I know I wouldn't want to see those results. It would be on par with telling the coders to go create a new nightclub. The bartender would be a stick person and the drinks would all have cheesey particle effects. But at least it wouldn't BREAK anything.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Aug 7th, 2009 at 15:50:38.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Elevate

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Gravity

So I guess this is a thanks - To all the forum trolls, to all the complainers, to all the people screaming "OMG FC U SUX!!!1!".
    OMG FC U SUX!!!1! As do all non-engies!!

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Oslo
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post

I mean ... I guess they could make the graphic artists go update the database with QL160 symbs and then update the loot tables to make them drop. They COULD make them go create new items. They could also tell them to go search the game code for why the Beast lair exit is so effed up. They could even tell them to update the PvP rules engine to change how AS and evades work. But I don't think you want them to. I know I wouldn't want to see those results. It would be on par with telling the coders to go create a new nightclub. The bartender would be a stick person and the drinks would all have cheesey particle effects. But at least it wouldn't BREAK anything.
    lol yep I'd have to completely agree with ya on that 1, I do get it, It just seem there's to much talk about it when there are some fundementals errors that need sorting..but I guess they're will always be things that need sorting.

Funcom employee

Be carefull what you wish for!
    If I had a nickle for every time someone's told me that...

my 2 pennys-
    Ok, not quite five cents but close enough. Onward!!

But according to who? I mean, you personally may not particularly care about a new nightclub and that's cool - Not every bit of content that goes into game is going to be used or appreciated by everyone. That's alright, we're ok with that, and if a nightclub isn't what you're into then no worries. But in the absence of other things for our artists to work on at the moment (outside of the new heads/body smoothing, which we've gotta let them take a break from now and again before they threaten to leap off a tall building somewhere), we figured tasking them with something fun, funky and interesting would be of value (and help manage their sanity a bit) - Plus, in the construction of the night club, they've learned a lot of very valuable and interesting techniques that will be of a lot of help when the time comes for them to start creating assets in other playfields.

There'll always be things in game that certain groups of people appreciate more than others - I'm sure, say, the Gridstream guys would probably say that the new nightclub is a good addition, alongside various roleplayers in the game. Not everything has to have a new raid boss in it to be a valuable addition, afterall, and sometimes it's nice to toss in some social stuff alongside the combat. Besides, it's shiny. I like shiny. XD

This one I'm not currently aware of - Granted, I just got back to the team a couple of weeks ago after a few months absence, so there's a lot that I've missed. Can you post a more detailed explaination of what's happening? I'll see what I can do to talk to the coder types (read: Macrosun) about it at some point.

When I mention the rebalancing efforts, I should say that it's a really, really, *really* massive job - We're looking at almost all aspects of AO and figuring out ways we can change, help, and improve the game across the board. I'm not promising that things on your list are in that process at the moment, but everything is going to be looked at sooner or later. Whether or not it changes... again, I can't promise anything. But I *can* promise that the issues you mentioned above will be looked at in the overall grand scheme of things.

First proper post hope you liked it
    I did. =) And I hope to see more in the future. This kind of interaction is the sort of thing I was talking about - Being able to communicate with you guys is never a bad thing.

And welcome to FWoM
    Thanks! Glad to be here. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Galvanize.

If a RPer was perhaps not in "the woodwork".. but say shoe shopping, can they continue shoe shopping or do you perhaps have some muffins to .. urm.. help convince them to stop shoe shopping and contribute to a discussion?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post

If a RPer was perhaps not in "the woodwork".. but say shoe shopping, can they continue shoe shopping or do you perhaps have some muffins to .. urm.. help convince them to stop shoe shopping and contribute to a discussion?
    Chocolate or blueberry?
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post

Put on your OP boots and start marching omni!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Event Horizon
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Chocolate.. I mean, seriously!

and WG, I always have my boots on. Just wish that Omni-Tek would see that having boots with a big stiletto heel and perhaps a nice pointy toe would be more beneficial in scare.. *cough* making me look nice instead of the boring flat ones.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast