Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Aug. 7th, 2009: how did this get here i am not good with com

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: The Troxkini Tavern

Muahahaha!!
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Krausetopia

Without question the best sounding out of all the past and future submissions.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: The Winchester

How's that for a slice of fried Gold?
    Last edited by Raggeh; Aug 10th, 2009 at 21:56:54.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    Yah, Chrys copied my "Tab Q" from the last thread on this naming thing which I appreciate since I can only make one submission. If "Tab Q" wins I'll give him/her good taste recognition.
    ...and I give you good taste recognition for refining my earlier Tab Q Ding -suggestion

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST:

the AIMED SHOT

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Free Fall

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Social Grind

if someone already took that then my bad ^^

Since it is sunrise station it is obvious it should be:

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Club Daybreak

Thanks (:
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Club Phantasm

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Boom Boom Room
    Bahahaha! That's the name of a nudie bar a buddy of mine owns!

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous2 View Post

the AIMED SHOT
    asswhipe that was my idea too >.<
    -=Sir "Daiken" Beowulff- 220/22/70 Solitus Soldier - RK2 =-
    Proud member of The Pain Dealers Equipment - Classified

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous2 View Post

the AIMED SHOT
    I'll bump this one since I lolled.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: The Winchester

How's that for a slice of fried Gold?
    I lol'ed. My fave film ever
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enakur
    ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: One Step Beyond.

!!!

Stay out of my brain!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vallikat
    ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: One Step Beyond

!!!

Stay out of my brain!!
    Hmm hadn't read that entry. My bad

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: AtmosPhear
    Plexor 220/23 Adventurer
    The Red Brotherhood

Account Created
    2001-06-29 19:30:30

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Orbital Paradise

Just because of decent looks compared to any other clubs in the game.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tutomech View Post
    Hello Kintaii.

A quick question: do FC devs realize pvp is the only long term challenge that keeps players online after reaching endgame?
    I think my suggestion (shamless self promotion, check my signature please) is one of many ways to go to reward PvPers. I would also like to see a 100,000 VP item in LE shops that would be tradeable and would give 1 research or regular or alien level on usage.

Also give tower explosions back please.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Eternity
    This is one of those things that I really can't stress enough when talking to people about design - Player vs. player content is the only thing that will keep an online game running successfully. As I tend to put it, it's what gives a game legs - You can make an awesome online game, but if there's a terminal zero point where the player has nothing left to challenge them or to accomplish... there's no need to keep playing.

The harsh reality of MMORPGs is that once one person has done something, *everyone* has done it. The guides are put up, the tricks are figured out, and there's no real challenge there anymore. People come to understand the AI, they know exactly how to kite a mob, they know precisely when to blob and when not to blob in S42... the challenge is diminished to the point of rote memorization. This is because, no matter what, no game can create an endless, open system that will not repeat itself or ever become dull. Humans, however, are capable of acting and reacting on different levels from AI scripting - Their responses differ, and are varied. They're a random "x-factor" that adds new surprise and difficulty to an otherwise static creation.

PvP is one of those things that ultimately gets sort of a bad rep from people - They tend to think of little 14 year old kids running around screaming profanities and /backflipping n00bs. PvP, though, covers a pretty wide range of topics that goes way beyond actual combat; the term itself, "player vs. player" doesn't actually contain the word "combat" or "kill" or even "fight" - It instead implies a struggle, a challenge. A contest. These contests are what keep the game going.

Take a look at tower wars, for example. At a base level, everyone can look at this and identify the primary PvP system - Two forces head out to a specific location and proceed to beat each other senseless. That's PvP. But at the same time, you also have the competitive level of maintaining the best tower sites - Making your org more powerful than the others. That's a competition. After Lost Eden launched, and the new Global Research lines came in, that was PvP content - Players vs. other players in a race to see who could complete the lines the quickest and gain the rewards. Right there you have a PvP system tied into PvM mechanics. The term "PvP" covers a lot more than people initially think of. The first team to complete Sector 42 - Some of those guys around here have that accomplishment listed in their signature (and they have every right to). But that right there is a form of player vs. player content - The struggle against others attempting to complete the same goal and emerging victorious. You managed to complete the hardest encounter in AO to date and you did it first. You win.

Anyway, the basis of this rant is to say that I spend way too much time thinking about PvP and ways to make it interesting/exciting. Like the recent birthday present stuff we did in the stations - Those seemed to go over really well, and I've been putting together some thoughts on similar ways we might be able to ****e up the Battlestation action. We've also got a few thoughts on other things down the road that... well, I don't want to give anything away, but I think you in particular might find them interesting. Just keep your eyes peeled.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Aug 11th, 2009 at 12:35:09.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Nightclubname

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: The Grid

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    This is one of those things that I really can't stress enough when talking to people about design - Player vs. player content is the only thing that will keep an online game running successfully. As I tend to put it, it's what gives a game legs - You can make an awesome online game, but if there's a terminal zero point where the player has nothing left to challenge them or to accomplish... there's no need to keep playing.

The harsh reality of MMORPGs is that once one person has done something, *everyone* has done it. The guides are put up, the tricks are figured out, and there's no real challenge there anymore. People come to understand the AI, they know exactly how to kite a mob, they know precisely when to blob and when not to blob in S42... the challenge is diminished to the point of rote memorization. This is because, no matter what, no game can create an endless, open system that will not repeat itself or ever become dull. Humans, however, are capable of acting and reacting on different levels from AI scripting - Their responses differ, and are varied. They're a random "x-factor" that adds new surprise and difficulty to an otherwise static creation.

PvP is one of those things that ultimately gets sort of a bad rep from people - They tend to think of little 14 year old kids running around screaming profanities and /backflipping n00bs. PvP, though, covers a pretty wide range of topics that goes way beyond actual combat; the term itself, "player vs. player" doesn't actually contain the word "combat" or "kill" or even "fight" - It instead implies a struggle, a challenge. A contest. These contests are what keep the game going.

Take a look at tower wars, for example. At a base level, everyone can look at this and identify the primary PvP system - Two forces head out to a specific location and proceed to beat each other senseless. That's PvP. But at the same time, you also have the competitive level of maintaining the best tower sites - Making your org more powerful than the others. That's a competition. After Lost Eden launched, and the new Global Research lines came in, that was PvP content - Players vs. other players in a race to see who could complete the lines the quickest and gain the rewards. Right there you have a PvP system tied into PvM mechanics. The term "PvP" covers a lot more than people initially think of. The first team to complete Sector 42 - Some of those guys around here have that accomplishment listed in their signature (and they have every right to). But that right there is a form of player vs. player content - The struggle against others attempting to complete the same goal and emerging victorious. You managed to complete the hardest encounter in AO to date and you did it first. You win.

Anyway, the basis of this rant is to say that I spend way too much time thinking about PvP and ways to make it interesting/exciting. Like the recent birthday present stuff we did in the stations - Those seemed to go over really well, and I've been putting together some thoughts on similar ways we might be able to ****e up the Battlestation action. We've also got a few thoughts on other things down the road that... well, I don't want to give anything away, but I think you in particular might find them interesting. Just keep your eyes peeled.
    If Means doesn't come back from vacation can u be our new GD??!?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by chrys View Post
    if means doesn't come back from vacation can u be our new gd??!?
    do not want!!1!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast