Thread: homegrown missions

Wink homegrown missions

It would be REALLLY fun if we were able to create our own missions again. Work out the bugs n exploits, and make that available, I think that would rock.

I have some really fun ideas for missions that I could pass on to my guildmates or friends, it would be just as much fun creating them as it would doing them. For me anyway.
    Last edited by Flux; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 03:28:17.

I agree, therefore i BUMP thee
    TOMTEMOR

We are many Crats that are looking fowrd to the Mission-creation thingy. We was way back been promised that it would be a Crat-only option. Please FC please make it possibe for us to make missions.
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

In one of the community treads it was stated that they would probably never put it back in. Too many exploits on them (thats nearly a quote).

Originally posted by Snublefot
    In one of the community treads it was stated that they would probably never put it back in. Too many exploits on them (thats nearly a quote).
    Yea but exactly in the FC style they're to frigging LAZY to take out the option. They would just rather tease people with a non working option in the game. Yet one more thing that makes it look sloppy and just patch together coding. It was quite nice being able to pass nodrop items with the mission creation.

any time funcom either doesn't know how to fix a problem, or dont' want to fix a problem, they just rip it out of the game never to appear again.

Would be better if they did rip it out, instead of leaving that little button to tease you.......

but that's too easy. I mean, Funcom still has yet to remove a "fix" they put in for an exploit that they fixed, but us players still have to watch out for.

Tired of loosing the xp and the % towards my token, because the mob happens to be standing in that damn green goop when they die... especialy with a mob like a tombberry that doesn't even move
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

I'd love to see this implemented. I'd also like to have the ability to set the Suppression lvl in player created missions for multi-org events/missions.

To avoid exploits simply make player created missions give no tokens (You are woking for an individual not Clans or Omni this time), Mission creator has to supply all rewards, and everything else is generated like a normal mission (location, mission zone type, mobs etc) How would that be more exploitable than a normal mission?

I believe the ability to "pass-on" no drop items is where the trouble was...not sure though.

Arrow

And how difficult is checking one flag? There must have been more to it than this...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

IT WON T HAPPEN!

If you do a search on the forums here, you will find a post where CZ says:
    Originally posted by Cz
    This feature was part of the game a while back, but it contained exploit after exploit, and we deemed it too much work for the result. Unfortunately, there are currently no plans on returning this feature.

Isn t that great? One of the main features that sold me the game with ORG housing and both are not in the game, one will never be and who knows what happened to ORG housing anyway.

It was promised by Gaute before the story started and that was October last year.

lets start a petition to get player created missions back in the game.

doh, saw the word 'home-grown' and the author's name and clicked in to think there's some special AO magical shubstance on the making.

well, this is the next 'patch' forum...

*BONG* is what u hear after a *BUMP*