Thread: Leaving for a New Begining

Leaving for a New Begining

((yeah yeah it's a crappy title, but for those in the know this was a hard story for me to write. Not too much ooc here, other then have fun on RK4 you will be missed.
    And thank you.))

They looked around the apartment one last time, as he picked up her bags and made sure the fish were secure in space worthy container. She looks at the container, “Are you sure they'll be alright in there?”
    He looks at her and smiles, “Yeah they'll be fine. You got everything you need?”
    She looks around her apartment one more time and lets out a soft sigh, “I think so. You can bring anything I might have forgot up there to me right?”
    He looks at her, nods and smiles, “Yes of course.”

They walk down the hall, leaving her apartment for the last time. She stops outside her door and looks at the wind chimes hanging there. She lets out a sigh, knowing this may be the last time she ever sees them again, the last time she will ever see the world she's called home for all her life. He turns to look and gives her a soft comforting smile. “It's going to be alright” he smiles throwing her bags over his shoulder and hold his hand out to her. She takes his hand smiles as they head for the exit of Backyard Ten.

Just as they're about to leave, he stops at the banking terminal. He puts her things down and accesses his account, pulling out a red robe with a hood on it. He hands it too her and she looks at him puzzled. “Am I sick?” she asks him taking the robe from his hands.
    “No, it's just we're kind of sneaking off the planet right now. It might be best if nobody recognizes us” he says as his pulls out a long black coat and puts it on.
    She nods asking him, “So should I use my super secret detective name if anyone should talk to us?” As she pulls the robe on pulling the hood over her head.
    “You can if you want, but I don't think anyone is going to bother us. We don't have very far to go.”
    She looks back at her friend behind them and then turns to Foos, “What about Captain Hook? Should we put a disguise on him too?”
    He looks at the bot for a moment, “I think he'll be okay.” He stands there looking around wondering if he's forgetting something, and it hits him. He takes a pair of black boots out of terminal and changes the ones he's wearing. “I guess the pink boot would be a dead give away.”
    She giggles at him, picking up his boots and puts them in a bag with her stuff. “Well you can put them back on when we are where we're going.”
    He smiles at her closing the bank, then picks up her stuff throwing it over his shoulder. He takes her hand and they leave the backyard.

They stand still for a moment breathing in the Newland air, then start their walk toward the whom-pahs with him leading the way. “So where are we going” she asks him as she looks around the city one last time, smiling at the table where she met so many friends.
    “We're going to ICC then the orbital apartment” he says to her walking at a slow place letting her have one last look around.
    He guides her down the hill as she looks at the radar dish spinning round. “Aren't you going to get into trouble for sneaking me off the planet like this?”
    “Well I could, but I have a few favors I can call in. Once we get you safe on the station, I'll make sure everything looks like it was on the up and up. There really isn't anything wrong with you leaving Rubi-Ka, I just don't want to let him know you're leaving.”
    She squeezes Foos' hand thinking about the man in her window, the reason why she was leaving. He feels her grip tighten around his hand, “He won't be able to hurt you anymore”
    Before he can finish she says, “I know you'll protect me from him. You'll take care of me.” She stops and pulls him down giving him a kiss on the cheek and whispers, “And I'll take care of you.” He smiles brightly and nods to her as they start to walk again. As they turn the corner to head into the ICC whom-pah she looks back and waves goodbye to the strange little leet with the eye patch who lives in Newland.
    She hugs onto his arm as they walk through the ICC complex to Sunrise Station. “So are you sure your aunt and uncle are going to like me?”
    “Yes, I'm sure they will.” He smiles at her, “My aunts favorite color is pink, so I'm sure you two will get along.”
    “Really, her favorite color is pink?” she looks up at him excited, “Well she must be a nice person then.”
    “She is, don't worry you'll like it there. And once you get settled in you and I will go on a trip or something”
    She turns her head to look at the mechdog walking behind them, “So is it going to be okay for me to bring Wendy with us?”
    “Yes it will be okay, there are people with mechdogs on the station. She'll be fine.”
    “Do you think she'll like the station?”
    “Well that I don't know, but it's a really big space station there are parks there she'll have space to run around.”
    “Okay. Well maybe you can bring her back here with you now and then and see if she can stay with that nice lady in Borealis. You know near my old apartment.”
    He smiles and nods at her, “Yeah, I can do that.”

The use to the whom-pah up to the station and walk into his orbital apartment. “So will it be like this?”
    “Yeah kind of, it's a nice place you'll like it there.” He give her a big hug and holds her tightly. “I know you're scared and I know you're going to miss a lot of things. But this is for the best, he can't get to you there.” He pauses for a moment but before he can speak she puts her finger over his lips.
    “I know, I wanna go it's just” she looks around trying to think of the words to say, “you know.”
    “I know hon, I do” he says as he kisses her on the forehead.
    “So why are we here anyway? Is there something you need to get before we go?”
    “Well kind of. This is where we're leaving from” he lets go of the hug and takes her by the hand leading her to the hanger. He points to the small black ship sitting there. “We're going to take that and meet up with a captain friend of mine who has a freighter waiting for us near Morningstar. Then he'll take us to the station.

They get into the small ship. Foos makes sure the doors are sealed and the life support is on. She straps herself in as he goes through the final preflight check list. Noting everything is ready he pushes a button opening the hanger doors. Her eyes widen for a moment as she see the air leaving the hanger. Within a few seconds of the door being opened the ship begins to move. As the ship leaves the station Foos presses a few buttons, he sighs a bit then smacks the council and smiles. She looks at him, “What did you do that for?”
    “I had to turn on the cloaking device. It's really not suppose to be on this ship but I had a friend set it up for me awhile back” he says to her with a grin.
    She nods to him then looks out the window and marvels at flying through space for the first time in her life.

Within a short while they reach the freighter waiting for them. Foos pilots the small craft into the docking bay and lands. He waits for the clear signal then powers down the ship. The exit the craft and are greeted by a tall slender man smiling at them. Foos looks at her, “I would like you to meet my friend Captain Moclam”
    She smiles at him and says “Hi, my name is Pennelope but everyone calls me Tinkerbots.”
    The Captain smiles at her and says “I'm pleased to meet you Miss Tinkerbots” He then turns to Foos, “Foosball, ya know this was a little short notice of you”
    “I know I'm sorry”
    “Oh don't be, it's just the quarters we have for you are a little small. Are you going to be okay?”
    “Oh sure we'll be fine” Foos says to his friend, “I owe you one.”
    The Captain laughs “Just one?” and shows them to their quarters.

They settle into the small room with a bed not much bigger then a cot. The Captain looks at them and says, “Fell free to use the mess hall if you get hungry, we should be at the station soon enough” He closes their door and walks away.
    Foos and Tinker sit down on the cot as the bots stand over in the corner. He stretches out and makes himself comfortable. She leans over and kisses him and asks, “Will we able to see the Foos and Tinker stars from the space station?”
    He thinks for a moment, “I think so, but I really can't remember. Well if we can't we can always take a trip into the system and look at them for a bit.”
    She smiles at him, “So what do you want to do on our way to the station?” Her eyes light up for a moment, “Why don't you tell me a story about there?”
    He smiles at her and lets out a yawn, “Oh I'm sure my aunt will tell you enough of those. How about you tell me a story?”
    “Okay” she thinks for a moment, “Hmm what story should I tell you?”
    “Why don't you tell me the story on how you made Captain Hook”
    She smiles at him then leans back and cuddles up next to him and begins to tell her story.

“Tinkerbots: Well I didn't get along well with the kids at school
    Tinkerbots: I didn't really belong on any of the groups.. I really had trouble fitting in”

The ship takes them out of the solar system to a deep space station where a new life awaits her.
    Last edited by FoosballX; Aug 7th, 2009 at 16:07:09.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

((*sniff* I actually got teary-eyed reading that...It was very well-written, and I really enjoyed it You captured Tink perfectly there....GAH! Can't believe she's gone! *sniff* ._. Will miss you Tink!!))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Sad. I didn't even get a goodbye. :'(
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

((Cookie for Bubba and Nulion))
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

((Yay! *om nom nom* ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

/me crunchies away on sadface cookies.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...