Thread: Proposal for The Cup expansion

Proposal for The Cup expansion

The following proposal has been sent in to all the relevant parties (Events/Community/Means).

It was concieved on Rimor and discussed at a recent Council of Truth meeting. Events felt positive about the concept and Means didn't seem against it in a recent Q&A so it was fleshed out and the result is posted here.

==========

Greetings,

Below is a proposal for expanding The Cup pub in West Athens. We think this would be an outstanding addition to the game infrastructure, for reasons detailed below, and with minimal amount of work needed by the game developers. The concept was born out of a conversation amongst a group of roleplayers relaxing in The Cup in July, 2009. ARK Events was receptive to the idea and a few graphics artists were brought onboard to help visualize the proposal.

Talking points(IC):

1) Both Omni-Tek and the Neutrals have clubs with dance floors. Only Clan are lacking such a facility. Clanners like to party as much as anyone else (if not more so!) and it grates to have to rent out space in Reets Retreat to hold any sizable parties indoors. A dance floor for Clanners is long overdue!

2) Despite being one of the most frequented bars on the planet, The Cup is the only Clan bar that does not have restroom facilities, putting it in a class with the tiny Relax bar outside Omni Entertainment and the dirty little fight bar in Hope. Every other bar - Omni, Clan, and Neutral - has such facilities. This really needs to be rectified and the proposed expansion plan accomodates new restroom facilities.

3) With the addition of the new Orbital bar, and continuing pressure from better equipped clubs around the planet, The Cup feels the need to upgrade their facilities to compete and bring in more customers. Converting the adjoining barely-used warehouse to a Dance floor and adding restroom facilities will bring in that traffic and increase revenues, both for The Cup, as well as for other vendors in West Athens as they benefit from the extra consumer traffic in the city.

4) We are not looking to make some shiny-ass dance floor like you find in places like Baboons. We feel that the 'converted warehouse' motif will suit clan sensibilities just fine,as well as save costs. The current warehouse would need to be slightly deepened, to allow for a stage. Lights and a sound system will need to be installed. The shipping crates can be moved to the east wall and a small wet bar placed in the northwest corner . Doors would need to be installed at each end of the connecting corridor so as to keep the louder dance music from disturbing the older lounge section of The Cup. With the restroom facilities located off the corridor, guests for both chambers would have access to them without disturbing or passing thru the other room. Please refer to the images below for more details.

(OOC) We realize that the devs are very busy with other projects at the present, including the aforementioned Orbital Club. We are suggesting that this new expansion to The Cup be targetted for completion when the new graphics engine goes live. Additionally, if this project is accepted, we suggest the following steps to be taken in the very near future:
    a) Lock the warehouse door and place an 'Under Construction' sign on it
    b) Hang a 'Coming Soon...Dance' banner on the front facade
    c) (optional) Place a locked door on the wall behind where Coco is located in the main Cup lounge
    Then, briefly mention in the forums that something is coming to that space and that it will open in conjunction with the arrival of the new graphics engine. This will both pique general player interest and raise moral, providing them with the very first 'concrete' evidence in-game that the engine is coming and is not some never-ending bit of vaporware.

Below are some floorplans and other visuals to help explain the concept:

=======
    Suggested Floorplan:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t/TheCup-1.jpg

Artists rendering of how the exterior might look, once completed:

http://www.davidmarques.eu/Frontage_DANCE.jpg
    =======

Thank you for your consideration

Signed,
    The Rimor Clan community
    forums contact: vadagget

Special thanks to:
    Frozealot
    Burnik
    Techna
    Nulion
    Chrisax
    Lupusceleri
    Ceokittymeow
    Caddence (ARK LTC)
    Last edited by vadagget; Aug 2nd, 2009 at 19:37:40.
    I am Dagget

My name is Bubba, and I endorse this message!

Huzzah!
    I love the atrox bouncer poking his face out of the lil window too!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

i love the idea! good job on the planing of the building
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

This idea is worthy of the full backing of the RP Community, regardless of faction.

If there is anything I can do, IC or OOC, to aid you in advancing this long overdue cause please don't hesitate to let me know.

[ A P P R O V D E D ]
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We have received positive feedback from several high ranking officials who have some influence in the matter, but it's going to take some time for the proposal to wend its' way thru channels and get full approval. Things like updated liquor licenses and evaluating potential noise levels in the neighborhood take time.
    I am Dagget

Update: new link to front rendering:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...es/dance-6.jpg

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Great work Dagget! Fully support this :-)
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

woop woop! has this happened or still just talk? I like the idea, although my hangout has been The Happy Rebels, given my org ;P

<-- Got muh support!
    RK2
    Docalop - 219 Doctor
    Popalop - 185 Soldier
    Keepelop - 151 Keeper
    Nukalop - 151 Nano-Technician
    Vepalop - 89 Meta-Physicist

After three years of this thread's existence, we haven't even gotten anything that was promised to the community in terms of anything. At this point everything about the game is just talk.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    At this point everything about the game is just talk.
    I guess this is true. I should keep my eyes set on the server merge and engine update. When people suggest that AO is on its last leg (which is very very sad to think about) the last thing I guess we need to worry about is making one of the many bars in game cooler.

reality check from Bubba :P
    RK2
    Docalop - 219 Doctor
    Popalop - 185 Soldier
    Keepelop - 151 Keeper
    Nukalop - 151 Nano-Technician
    Vepalop - 89 Meta-Physicist

I don't mean it to sound harsh, or pee in anyone's soup honestly. I guess I'm just used to saying it like it is. :/

By the way, I was incorrect. We were promised hats in the forum, and we got hats. Although I would have much rather seen content updates, people reallyyyyy wanted hats.

Myself included.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I want my hat back The Prof badge is neat, but the hat was just better.

Now I miss Kintaii even more damn you !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

/me tips her hat
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter