Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 31st, 2009 - It is still Friday in North America

No, that's 100% new, its just the NM head was easier then the Opi head to do.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Nm head looks great.. epic nice eyes, that's just an awesome interpretation. And can't wait to see the new engine's render of that.

Have a great holiday Means!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Thanks for the screenies, very nice

I'm really looking forward to the new 150-200 PFs, the concept sound very cool indeed! I've got a new TL5 toon ready to test them out, so yay, bring it on!

Happy holidays, you've earnt it
    /bow
    Last edited by Troxxor; Aug 4th, 2009 at 00:04:19.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by vadagget View Post
    As for the reworked Nanomage head, looks good. Looks like the artists got the point after the bruhaha over the Opifex head. Not remake from scratch, but simply tweak and polish up the heads.
    Just going on a hunch here. That nanomage head was infact created from scratch just with a good working reference just like the opi. Difference is that nanomage head is much easier to interpret than the ears of an opi which many feel are characteristic. The main things that identify Nanomage is "resistance is futile".

New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Hah, thats my NTs head! Awesome work, keep it up!

Thumbs up

"MstrBstrd" is my hero.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

I find it completely awesome to have both new renders, screenshot of that stuff actually running in current engine, and news about possibilities for screenies of actual ingame content in a very short time! I'm psyched. It's everything I could want for in the news here.

Also the zone thingie changing based on your actions is pretty win for this generation of game.

Now, we just need newbie island and further newbie-introduction fixed up to be somewhat more exciting. I was just these past few days playing with a friend who knew AO from 7 years ago and a few forages into the game since, and a friend who also only played 7 years ago. The experience leads me to somewhat believe that these guys, used to the more friendly intro of other games and the less thought needed to discover things in those, would have been completely lost without me on Vent to help out with things.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The closest towns to where I will be spending the most of my time are Port Carling and Bracebridge, Ontario (Muskoka area). I will be spending a couple days in Grafton, Ontario and a couple days in Montreal, Quebec as well. Mostly slow...sitting and drinking close to the water...nothing too exciting. Except maybe a few fast boat rides...if I feel like living on the edge I might even do some water skiing...I might be too old now though...don't want to limp for a week afterwards.
    Wow to say that I'm gonna be 30mins away from you Means when you get to Montreal makes me feel special ^^ Have fun enjoy the night life there. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in Montreal this month and don't forget the fireworks!
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

have nice vacations, Means !

& welcome to Kintaii
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

This sucks im missing Dragoncon AGAIN! >.<

Then again i guess I'm now welcome on American soil, and in chase i had been overlooked on the blacklists I'm sure some good and kind hearted AO forum members would do there best to enlighten the authorities about me
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Have fun but you missed Carabana in Toronto this weekend. The new 150-200 PF sounds pretty interesting and like others mentioned while I could level a char I'm working on out of that range before it comes I'm not going to. NMs are likely easier than others in some regards due to their solid hair or helmet hair but that one looked perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The engine team is making solid progress and less than two months in we are already seeing statel, ground and the beginning of character rendering.
    Blabla, you have nothing. 2 months since when, since May the 22nd ? Time to cancel my accounts again, to give you guys half a year head start for whatever you were planning to do half a year ago. See you later, good luck. Hope you won't be around when I reactivate.
    Last edited by Marduk; Aug 3rd, 2009 at 01:16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Blabla, you have nothing. 2 months since when, since May the 22nd ? Time to cancel my accounts again, to give you guys half a year head start for whatever you were planning to do half a year ago. See you later, good luck. Hope you won't be around when I reactivate.
    May 22nd is actually 2 months past, a week or so off maybe. So, what is your point? That there was a rounding of numbers to make a sentence more pleasing than saying "67 days"? Is your point that having a better engine and actually being promised screenshots from said engine 3 months after the work started on it is bad? I really fail to see what your point is, but perhaps you would like to enlighten us? Or maybe not, maybe you don't actually have a point, and the only thing you want is to draw attention to yourself? I'll of course be around to flame you again for acting like a little drama queen when you return. Have a nice stay away
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Don't think you'll be able to flame me from under ignore.

I'll copy and paste for you.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCharacters View Post
    I'll copy and paste for you.
    nah... let me do it. Professionals cant be put on ignore

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    More info

There ya go.

Good lordy wordy.

Nice work on the Heads.

Have fun on the off time Means. Wish I could make DragonCon, but it's never been in the cards for me as the trip would be quite stupidly expensive going from here heh.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast