Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old Timers Roll Call..

Originally posted by Noer
    Kubrick was born 21st of june last year. And he is gone in 2 days.
    The game was released on the 27th
    ~Chris

Well, I guess I'm a borderline oldtimer. Registered account July 13, 2001 Woulda been earlier, but I couldn't find a copy at Best Buy for a week-no joke! Missed out on Pioneer pack cause of that :/ First char, Subalubdub. I retired him at level 17. I remember that at that point I was using a QL 12 MPS and really psyched about how missions from Rome to Harry's gave 3k. Only took me one night to make enough money for an Aquaan trench/hood.

Account registered June 27 and my NT is that old .. only lvl 111 though
    Also my fixer is that old, hes only lvl 60
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Date of registration 6-30-2001

Created a doc that couldn't get out of the backyard lol

Come to think about it- couldn't get out of the wall she was stuck in for 2 days.

Left the game at the end of july 2001 and came back the following nov . Have played nt since.

Interesting early days- has anyone else ever been killed by lightning? Does anyone remember GM Savant?

Sure am glad the days are past when you could die by not having ip in swimming

See this thread is old but Ill throw mine in here. I was born a week after release. Played hardcore til about april, Got married, have a baby on the way, and a mortgage is coming soon. So...

I remember talking to Winterfrozt a long long time ago about my NT.. I still remember you m8. You gave me my very first nano cloak. I'll have to get some old screen shots that I took in my teens.

I "Officially" started the DAY AFTER I could have gotten a pioneer backpack (don't remember the date).
    Funny enough, I actually got the game 2 weeks prior, but never could get it to work... something about the dimensions, I don't remember the exact problem anymore, but I had to manually create my "dimensions.txt" file to finally get in weeks later. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed when I didn't get the backpack (even though it wasn't all that cool, I still felt pretty gyped!).

I quit sometime last year after getting tired of how buggy the game was, and tired of seeing lvl100 exploiting newbs (engies and crats back then, killing NPCs over and over for 1/10th of a level per kill).

Just came back last month, so now I'm back on the game, back in the forums, and ready to piss some uber carebears off again!

-D

P.S. Do NTs still suck? I'm playing a fixer now, and they are about 500% better than they used to be!
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Late September. Old, but not 'elderly'.

main is still sub-100, may always be..

Made Xaielao about 10am day1, I'm quite sure he's the oldest fixer in the game, not possitive though. Not counting beta. I played an MA in beta.

Fergus, August 22nd last year.

All my others are reletive newbs.

Slow lvler? yep.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

I bought the game on the EXACT day for the pioneer backpack, but my phone was also shut off that day for 3 days

First character was an enforcer though (Cyronic and didn't play an NT till just recently.

Talk about a slow leveler, I've got RK1,2 and just recently the german server filled with characters, but none of 'em got past lvl 49. Gonna have to delete some and get going on that.

Never quit the game for really long periods of time either, well, at least not because of the game. during school I didn't pay my internet bill for 2 monthes, so I was gone then, but played at my friends house when I could so I would say I'm an oldtimer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

MightyBuddha my soldier was born on june 27th 2001 =)
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Date of registration 2001-07-02 19:57:02 UTC

Was NT first (Zarch) till about lvl 60 in 2HO when I saw people dealing rows of ~400 hits in time I could do one nuke which (if not black holed, fumbled or otherways failed) did about 600 dam.

Saw Cotorie to AS 2.7k for mutie which would be better than most of my nukes. Nano Init didnt work, etc etc.

Was time to switch

Generally I've been playing lots of different chars/professions to around 100, highest being 169 now. Been away few months, came back to join TC, were there a moment, left AO again when TC disbanded and went to AC2 Beta, didnt like the system, played lots of single player games, ran out of games to play, came back to check out NW.

Zarch and da chars

Account Created
    2001-07-01 20:55:53

The characters that I've been (that are still around and in order of appearance):

Kirstian the MA
    Chesmal the NT
    Sevanna the MA
    Marigan the MA
    Takima the Trader
    Rhadam the Engi
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Originally posted by Megabio

The game was released on the 27th
    ~Chris
    yup my mistake hehe.

Account Created 2001-06-27 20:59:53

Some oldtime screenshots from back when my NT was "uber".
    http://www.tb303.dk/screens/babe1.png

http://www.tb303.dk/screens/babe2.png

I wish I still had those rings.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Here is a picture of me Day 2 of release, when all you could do was shout.

hehehe....

http://www.firstorder.net/modules.ph...&orderby=dateD
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Aug 7 2001 on my oldest still-excisting char
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

hehe

Started in Beta.. still playing..

Only every played two characters "really"..

Some really old people might remember a soldier named Shaur, later on - my twink who exceeded all expectations I had of him is now my main, Twicer, what can I say - nothing changes a man like.. err.. drugs..
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234